2 days, 3 hours, 26 minutes (The End! Page 2 Post 28)

cj9200

DIS Dad #412
That is what my countdown clock says. We will be staying at the Boardwalk over New Years. Can't wait.

If you are interested in our itinerary and plans, I have a pre-trip report on the boards at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2037489

Like the commercial says too excited to sleep. (Even two days away)

CJ

How long have you been counting down? Bet you can't believe it's finally (almost) here!

HAVE FUN and enjoy every minute!!!!:goodvibes

How long have I been counting down? Since I started planning 10 months 28 (maybe 29) days ago with my first call to member services. I wanted a Boardwalk view at a very popular time so I called every day at the 11 month window. First time I have ever done that. Not sure if I would have gotten what I wanted under the new policy.

Most of the ADR's were made at the 180 day plus 10 mark which on site guests could do. The big ones were Breakfast at the Castle and Victoria and Albert’s for New Year's Eve. When I called V&A the CM at first would not let me make an ADR. I told her about the +10 day window and after checking she confirmed it. I called a few weeks ago to let them know about some special requests and asked about moving our reservation up. There were 53 parties currently on the wait list for the early seating. Ouch.

Our park plans will in most part be dictated by our ADR's. Not having the park hours available made deciding where and when a bit of guesswork. If I had the hours, I would have probably arranged it a little differently but not much.

Really looking forward to the trip. Thanks PKWallaby for the good vibes. As of now 2 days, 0 hours and 14 minutes. But who is counting.

I read your planned, pre-trip report and it sounds like it should be a great time. Family, Boardwalk view for New years eve, ADR's at some great places and no parks planned (other than mk for Cindy's Breakfast).

I am so jealous - a Boardwalk view on New Years !!! Thats been a dream of mine for a while now but my family, also dvc members, have absolutely no desire to go to wdw during the holidays. We have been 6 or 7 times in the first 2 weeks of December but thats as close to the holiday as they will venture.

Again, I think it sounds like it will be a great time. I hope you have a great trip. Enjoy your holiday and make sure to do a post (or mid) trip report...

I am so jealous - a Boardwalk view on New Years !!! Thats been a dream of mine for a while now but my family, also dvc members, have absolutely no desire to go to wdw during the holidays. We have been 6 or 7 times in the first 2 weeks of December but thats as close to the holiday as they will venture.

I know what you mean. Last year, my daughter did not want to go to Disney over Christmas. Her: "I'm not going." Me: "Well, yes you are." Her: "No I'm not." Me: "Well, your presents will be in Orlando so if you want them, you are going." Her: "Can we have a tree?" I gave in on the tree (Disney Florist was way to expensive so we brought our own) and also a Mickey outside display (it is pictured on the pre-trip report). The car was a bit comfy.

WDW12-071002.jpg

Luckily it was only a 4 hour drive.

WDW12-071001.jpg

This was the trunk before the trip. On the way back we also had to fit things we bought at WDW.

This is the most pre-planning I have done since becoming a DVC member. Most of it centered on food and the room but I also made a couple of other arrangements. We were going to do a photo shoot at the Grand Floridian before V&A but I think we will have to cancel that. I also ordered the slipper desert for DD at dinner for her upcoming birthday.

Trip report? Hope to do one. I have to bring my laptop to do some work so maybe something on the Trip Report board while we are there.

Thanks for the good wishes. 1 day, 12 hours, 8 minutes to go!

CJ

Sitting here watching the FSU/Wiscionsin game looking at my countdown clock tick down. Pets at the vet-check, snacks and drinks purchased-check, batteries charged and electrionics packed-check, tickets money and itinerary-check, laundry done-check, clothes packed-not checked. I was going to leave today but got a late start this morning. Will probably get up early tomorrow moring and make the drive up. That is if I don't get antsy before then.

The computer is coming with me so I may do some live reporting on the trip report board.

Hurry up and get here already.

Have a wonderful time!!! Can't wait to read your trip report, and wishing you a very....

party: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! party:

cj9200

Enjoy your trip, and like you everyone thinks we're nuts for doing Disney during New Years:scared1: We'll be at the VWL :woohoo:starting on the 29th and

then over to the BWV on the 4th. By my count we have 1 day and

"a wake-up":rolleyes1 I'll never say 2 days:rotfl2:

Jim

Have a wonderful time!!! Can't wait to read your trip report, and wishing you a very....

party: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! party:

Thanks. Same to you and yours. OT: Rooting for OSU over Texas (maybe at the ESPN Club). As a UF Alumni, I am waiting for the Championship game. Don't hold it against me,

CJ

cj9200

Enjoy your trip, and like you everyone thinks we're nuts for doing Disney during New Years:scared1: We'll be at the VWL :woohoo:starting on the 29th and

then over to the BWV on the 4th. By my count we have 1 day and

"a wake-up":rolleyes1 I'll never say 2 days:rotfl2:

Jim

I will be checking out of the BWV as you are checking in. You will recognize me by the dour look on my face as I have to go back to the real world. You too enjoy your trip.

CJ

Woke up at 1:30, yes I was too excited to sleep. Instead of tossing around for a few hours I got up to drive to Orlando. The drive was uneventful and I arrived at the boardwalk around 6:30. Charlotte efficiently checked me in and of course the room wasn’t ready (A CM told me they were 98% full for the weekend).

What to do for the next few hours? Decided on the Poly for Tonga toast. The bus ride over took a ridiculous amount of time. Once I finally got there, Kona Café was able to get me in. I decided against the Toast and had eggs. Good meal but the food could have been hotter.

On the bus ride back to the BWV I could barely keep my eyes open. Found a nice chair at the resort closed my eyes and slept for an hour. I must have been a sight. Refreshed, I headed to ESPN to watch some football. Hint: Get there early on game days. I was there at 11:30 and there were only a couple of seats at the bar open. At 1:00 forget about getting in.

At about 2:00 I went outside to make a call to see about the room. Did not expect anything but it was ready! Finished my beer and gave my seat to a Viking fan I struck up a conversation with. Love the room. It has an oversized balcony which is cool. Called DD and they were still a while away from getting here. It was decided they would go directly to the Grand Floridian for tea and I would meet them there.

From what I understand tea was nice, the waitress recognized DD from a previous visit. I went to the Poly and had a drink and crab cakes (really good) at the Tambu lounge. DD met me there while Mom and SIL went to BWV. We toured a couple of things on the monorail line and eventually got on the bus to Beach/Yacht Club. Took our time going back to the room and saw some street performers. From there on it was relaxing at the room.

A couple of glitches. There was no bar soap or laundry detergent but a call to housekeeping quickly took care of that. The big one was when I went to Concierge to print out my dining reservations. They had our Monday dinner at Flying Fish listed for Sunday. This is not the first time Dinning has screwed up my reservations and I was miffed. Luckily a great CM at FF took care of it and we are confirmed for 7:30.

All in all a great day. Tomorrow, chilling and dinner.

I love any report with pics! Please be sure to post some more, especially of the villa and your view......

I love any report with pics! Please be sure to post some more, especially of the villa and your view......

Keep us posted...can't wait to hear the rest of your report:thumbsup2

Thanks. Life is good right now. I hope to post a more detailed version including pictures when I get back. Here is one for now, not a great pic but you get an idea about the size of the balcony.

IMG_3867.jpg

Love the report so far. Too excited to sleep :goodvibes You and my DH up at dark o'thirty ready to drive with the can't wait to get there dance. Only for us, it's driving to the airport to get on the plane. I can't imagine what he would be like if we lived only hours from the Big Mouse House and our DVC.

Keep those pics coming. Love the balcony, might convince my DH to stay at the Broadwalk.

Glad to see you made it safe and sound!!!

Enjoy your stay, and like the PP said: post pictures please (some of us need to live vicariously for a while before we can get our BWV fix!!:rotfl:)

Hope you have a wonderful time bringing in the New Year...maybe one day our little family will make the trek from WI to warm and sunny FL in Dec(unfortunately my "view" this year will be of the snow out my front window...please keep that in mind as you "chill" on that huge balcony!!:rolleyes1 ) Don't forget to wear :cool2: :thumbsup2

Too excited to sleep :goodvibes You and my DH up at dark o'thirty ready to drive with the can't wait to get there dance.

This trait is hereditary. My dad would get us up at an insane hour whenever we were traveling. You were either in the car or you would be left behind. Don't think he would really do that but you never knew for sure.
Hope you have a wonderful New Years Eve!

Same to you and everyone out there. Have a fun and safe New Years.
Enjoy your stay, and like the PP said: post pictures please (some of us need to live vicariously for a while before we can get our BWV fix!!

I’ll try to post a few pics while I am here but will put more up when I get back to the real world. Taking lots of them.

Today was a lazy day but even so, I woke up at 4:00. I need to get my personal clock in sync with normal life. Did some work on the patio and at 6:00 got breakfast for everyone at the Bakery. Nothing much happened today. Napped, worked a little bit more and went to Publix for some pre dinner snacks while Mom and SIL cruised the Boardwalk.

I prepared cheese, fruit, and bread for our pre dinner snack. Much munching and it was soon time to get ready for dinner at Flying Fish. It took about 15 minutes after our reinstated ADR before we were seated. The time was spent watching more street entertainment. They are one of the reasons why I love the Boardwalk.

Dinner was just OK and EXPENSIVE! The restaurant itself was really well done and our service was close to excellent. Mom and SIL had scallops ("very good"), DD had a vegetarian pasta dish (“spicy”) and I had the pork roast. It was a huge piece of meat but it seemed to miss on the flavor. Give me the California Grill over here any day. That is my personal opinion and could be that I went to a seafood place and had pork. Both Mon and DD loved the only seafood items we ordered.

IMG_3985.jpg

The open kitchen at the Flying Fish. Note the burning wood.

After dinner it was back to the room to bed for an early morning to see Cindy at her place.

Today was our date to see the Princesses. Everyone woke up about 5:30 and was at the bus stop by 7:00. It was Early Entry so the gates were open when we got there but it was not really crowded. Strolled down Main Street taking some pictures. It was a chilly so the girls went to Tink’s Treasures to stay warm while I got us checked in. Nice picture of the four of us with Cindy (DD talked me into getting in the picture).

CRT is the best character breakfast and not just because of the princesses. I love the food. The oversize sausages, cheese potatoes and the pastry thing with berries, mmmm good eating. Our server, Sir Dana was very good and even brought DD a Birthday card for the princesses to sign. We saw Snow, Bell, Aurora and Mary Poppins. They were attentive and spent time with both DD and mom.

IMG_4040.jpg

DD and Mary

After breakfast, we went to Mickey’s Philharmagic, Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor and Carousel of Progress. I noticed mom wasn’t feeling well so we canceled our plans to go over to Epcot and went back to the room.

Spent a few hours resting and Mom was up for EPCOT. The girls did a little shopping and we saw some of the Candlelight Processional from the peanut gallery. I wanted something quick eat so DD and I had dinner at America. Mom and SIL then went back to the room while DD and I went to DHS. The place was packed. The wait for Toy Story Mania was 130 minutes. We spent some time looking at the Osborne lights and sat through Sounds Dangerous because I heard it was closing soon. Osborne was amazing as always and Sounds Dangerous needs to be put out of its misery.

A stroll back to the room and it was lights our to get ready for New Years Eve tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter