2 br villa - SSR, BCV, AKL-Kidani -- opinions, please?

kanga5roos

Earning My Ears
Hoping to book a 2 br villa (and a studio as well, if another DS joins us?) for next May.

There will be 6 (or 7 - but then will add a studio somewhere) adults and one 2.5 year old. Several adults are mid-twenties - and thus will likely go out on their own several evenings. Two adults (my DH and my DSIL) will want to play golf. We will want a toddler friendly pool for the little granddaughter. We will not have a car, will rely on Disney transportation and will have a stroller. Some in my party prefer some quiet, non-Disney type relaxation time, a bit removed from the hustle & bustle. Whew. I think I covered all bases.

I'm overthinking this...as I always do...and am now making myself crazy with 2nd guessing myself. So I am turning to you folks, the experts.

If you were to chose btwn SSR (for the proximity to DS, and golf), BCV (for proximity to EP and HS, and the pool?) and AKV-Kidani (extra bathroom) -- which would you pick and why?

TIA! Much appreciate your insight.

AKV-Kidani is the only one of the mentioned 2BR villas with 3 bathrooms.

Best golf access is definitely SSR, and you can walk to Disney Springs (possibly good for "out on own"). Two good splash play areas for the 2.5 year old.
AKV also has a very good splash area, but the 20-somethings will need to work more to go out.
BCV has the sand-bottom pool for the 2.5 year old and easy access to Epcot or the Boardwalk area.

If you aren't booking with home resort, especially if you end up needing a 2BR+studio, you will have more success at AKV or SSR. I think SSR may have the best balance of any of the options for entertainment + tot. BCV will lack non-Disney type relaxation.

I'd probably go SSR.

Also consider if you want a lock-off or dedicated 2BR. A dedicated 2BR will have two queen beds in the second bedroom vs. a queen + sofa bed.

Hoping to book a 2 br villa (and a studio as well, if another DS joins us?) for next May.

There will be 6 (or 7 - but then will add a studio somewhere) adults and one 2.5 year old. Several adults are mid-twenties - and thus will likely go out on their own several evenings. Two adults (my DH and my DSIL) will want to play golf. We will want a toddler friendly pool for the little granddaughter. We will not have a car, will rely on Disney transportation and will have a stroller. Some in my party prefer some quiet, non-Disney type relaxation time, a bit removed from the hustle & bustle. Whew. I think I covered all bases.

I'm overthinking this...as I always do...and am now making myself crazy with 2nd guessing myself. So I am turning to you folks, the experts.

If you were to chose btwn SSR (for the proximity to DS, and golf), BCV (for proximity to EP and HS, and the pool?) and AKV-Kidani (extra bathroom) -- which would you pick and why?

TIA! Much appreciate your insight.

If you don't have a car I definitely wouldn't pick Kidani (although it is beautiful). I haven't been to the resort in a few years so I'm not sure if Disney has finally worked out the kinks, but 30+ waits for buses were the norm (and you also have to head over to the main lodge to pick up guests so add another 10 minutes to your wait time because it takes a while to get all of the guests on especially if there are strollers and scooters). I'd only stay here again if I had a car which I wouldn't want to deal with while on vacation.

At Beach Club Villas you only have to deal with buses when going to Magic or Animal Kingdom and Disney Springs. You can walk or boat to Epcot or Hollywood Studios. Saratoga also has a bus system and sometimes you have to drop off other guests inside of the resort loop. But Saratoga also has a boat to Disney Springs.

I immediately thought Beach Club Villas would be a perfect fit except for the main pool. It has very deep areas but there is a kiddie pool closer to the Yacht Club side with a shallow entry and a sandy area for building castles as well as a little slide. Saratoga has splash pads all over the resort for little kids. Kidani also has an amazing splash area but I've found Kidani has a lot of bees in that area especially the closer you get to the bar.

Since the adults will want to be entertained I definitely think Saratoga would be a good choice with Disney Springs being a boat ride away. The Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin and Epcot right next to BCV is always a bonus at night. Kidani doesn't have a nightlife. In fact it only has one restaurant and you would have to walk or take the resort shuttle to the main lodge if you want to try out the other restaurants.

I personally find the Epcot resorts to be much more removed than the Magic Kingdom resorts (I never got any sleep over there) but they aren't sleepy that's for sure. Saratoga is a quiet resort but nothing is as tranquil as Kidani.

However I guess you have to decide what's most important, having a quiet trip but not being as close to the action as you'd like (Kidani) or being right next to the entertainment but having to go in your room to get any peace (BCV). Or you can choose Saratoga which has everything you're looking for: golfing, splash areas for the little one and a boat ride to the Springs nightlife.

I would not worry about access to golf. Any of the bell stands will arrange taxi service to/from any Disney golf course for free. We've done this many times without issue. We golfed at LBV on our last trip and my 10 yr old son and husband got paired up with a Disney executive and they had a blast!

The easiest resort to get will be SSR. We've stayed here without a car and thought it was fine (we don't mind walking though). Staying in Congress Park you will have a short walk to DS, but a bit of a walk to the toddler pool area. The best pool for a little kid is by the Carousel section.

Personally our favorite is the boardwalk area. When my kids were small, I preferred BWV because the pool was not as busy. We love the ease of getting to/from two parks plus all of the entertainment at the boardwalk.

For proximity to EP, DHS and the Boardwalk alone, I would pick BCV. As PP mentioned, they have a sandy bottom pool for children, plus there is a smaller pool with a small slide for younger children behind the large Flying Jib slide. There are also tons of restaurants and other recreation options within walking distance. I really like the quiet pool in the BCV area as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter