• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 bedroom Villas

diskids2

<font color=CC66CC>Not above grovelling for a tag
Looking for opinions on the two bedroom villas. It looks like AKL and SSR are both available. I doesn't look like BWV or Beach club is available. I have not checked any others yet.

I need the two bedrooms and want to get some opinions. We are a family of five all adults except 1 15 year old and we love all the parks...mostly DHS and MK.

Thanks!

We've stayed at both, and LOVED AKV!! The 2 bedrooms are SO nice. SSR was ok...not our favorite resort and we had much better luck with transporation at AKV as well.

We have done both. Both rooms are about same size and amenites so really it comes down to resort preference. AKV is more themed and has the advantage of the Savannah view. Also IMO has better restaurants. SSR has a more grown up feel to it and with all adults you may like that. Also SSR is walking/boat distance to Downtown Disney if that is something you would be interested in. AKV is right next to animal kingdom, but is one of the longer bus rides to all the other parks.

For us, we preferred AKV, but we have 3 young children and found that resort seemed better for the kids. Good Luck!

I guess in my haste and speed I did not notice that the AKL was for one bedroom only. So far, I can only find Key West, Saratoga and Grand Floridian....any comments?

I guess in my haste and speed I did not notice that the AKL was for one bedroom only. So far, I can only find Key West, Saratoga and Grand Floridian....any comments?

Old Key West and Saratoga Springs are DVC resorts. The standard 2BR villa at those resorts will be on a par with all the other DVC resorts. The 2BR suite at the Grand Floridian is a whole different category, and in my opinion would be much more luxurious than a DVC villa. I'm a DVC member and I love my 2BR villas there, but it is much more of a condo feel, while the Grand Floridian will be like a luxury suite in a nice hotel. Go online and search for some pictures of each to see the difference.

Old Key West and Saratoga Springs are DVC resorts. The standard 2BR villa at those resorts will be on a par with all the other DVC resorts. The 2BR suite at the Grand Floridian is a whole different category, and in my opinion would be much more luxurious than a DVC villa. I'm a DVC member and I love my 2BR villas there, but it is much more of a condo feel, while the Grand Floridian will be like a luxury suite in a nice hotel. Go online and search for some pictures of each to see the difference.

Going to do that right now...thanks!

It's a personal preference and we have stayed in both 2BRs. If it were me I'd not have to think about it and just book AKV 2BR :) We stayed in Kidani, BTW. I don't know if you are looking at Jambo or Kidani? Kidani has an extra bathroom over both Jambo and SSR; don't know if that will make a difference to you or not.

Either way we had a good time in both areas but we much preferred Kidani over SSR.

Have you checked BLT? You cannot beat that if you spend time at MK. Now a choice between BLT or AKV; I love my home BLT :love: but I'd not be upset if I had to stay at AKV :)

GOOD LUCK and no matter what it's about being with your family/friends and having a good time; as long as the room is clean and there are no actually issue with the room don't fret it too much.

The whole thing is driving me nuts....OK but in a good way;).

Currently we have two deluxe alcove rooms booked at the Dolphin at the government rate.

Then I was thinking and thinking and thinking about the pin codes. So I was pricing out the 2 bedroom deluxe villas. The cost of the room is actually less expensive ....$333 per night vs. $194 per night (times 2 for the dolphin). $55 less per night and we will be there for six nights...so about $330. I did include the $10 fee for the dolphin.

Ok $330 not that big of a deal when you consider this trip is costing about $10000...also staying 3 nights at the Royal Pacific Resort because we have to do Harry Potter...but that is another story...back to this issue....and every penny counts especially if you get something you like more.

Then I started to think about the deluxe dining plan. We had the regular dining plan last time and it was great not to think about meals etc...but we missed the appetizer option and bought refillable mugs.

My children are 19 and 15 and my DD's BF is coming on this trip as well...hence the need for the second bedroom. I like the idea of the dining plan because it will give all of them a great deal of freedom.

However, we LOVE the dolphin. Ugh......sometimes so many choices are a pain!

We have done 2 bedrooms at OKW, SSR and BCV. With 5 adults, it's going to be crowded no matter which one you choose. OKW is going to be the biggest and the 2nd bedroom will have 2 queen beds in it which would be nice for your DD and her friend to have their own bed (I'm assuming 15 year old DS is getting the sleeper sofa in the living room).

AKV has the 3rd bathroom though which would be nice so that the girls could have one, the teenager could have one and the parents could have one.

None of these are as conveniently located as the Dolphin.

We take our adult children and their spouses frequently and we have learned that we HATE sharing a villa. Now we get them separate rooms, even if it's studio villas at DVC. And I buy them gift cards for their food rather than the dining plan because it provides more flexibility. So I would pick the Dolphin with no Dining Plan!!!

We have done 2 bedrooms at OKW, SSR and BCV. With 5 adults, it's going to be crowded no matter which one you choose. OKW is going to be the biggest and the 2nd bedroom will have 2 queen beds in it which would be nice for your DD and her friend to have their own bed (I'm assuming 15 year old DS is getting the sleeper sofa in the living room).

AKV has the 3rd bathroom though which would be nice so that the girls could have one, the teenager could have one and the parents could have one.

None of these are as conveniently located as the Dolphin.

We take our adult children and their spouses frequently and we have learned that we HATE sharing a villa. Now we get them separate rooms, even if it's studio villas at DVC. And I buy them gift cards for their food rather than the dining plan because it provides more flexibility. So I would pick the Dolphin with no Dining Plan!!!

I really appreciate your advice and experience. I am going to stay with my two rooms at the Dolphin. I think the overwhelming need to really look into these pin codes with the date closing soon...just got the better of me. I am really glad I looked at all my options though.

We have done 5 adults in a two bedroom at the BWV and never had a problem with space. The villas at the OKW are actually bigger so 5 adults would fit great. The biggest thing for us with 5 adults was the dining plan and not having to worry about the cost of food. Have never stayed at the Dolphin but I personally would love the villa better than two rooms. You would have a full kitchen for snacks, drinks and quick breakfast.

I know you said you decided to stick with the Dolphin, but I wanted to let you know about the SSR Treehouse Villas.

They have THREE bedrooms and cost the same as a regular SSR 2 bedroom.
One of the bedrooms is bunk beds, but the 15 year old could probably stay in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter