2 Bedroom villa question

jimandami

DIS Veteran
We are staying in a 2-BR Lake View at BLT in 2 weeks and I have a question. How do you know if you will be in a dedicated or a lock-off? Is it a request? Is it just luck of the draw? Just curious!

A dedicated 2BR is a category for booking purposes, you have to request it when you made your reservation. So if you have a dedicated your confirmation will indicate it. There are no dedicated 1BR or Studios at BLT. All of the 1BR and Studios are part of a 2BR lock off.

If you have a 2BR dedicated you will have 2 queen beds in the second bedroom. If you have a lock off you will have one queen bed and a pull out couch in the second bedroom as well as a kitchenette.

Thank you! Our reservation just says 2 BR villa lake view so I guess we are in a lock-off. Is it ever possible to call and request a change to a dedicated? I would assume not at this late date!

Thank you! Our reservation just says 2 BR villa lake view so I guess we are in a lock-off. Is it ever possible to call and request a change to a dedicated? I would assume not at this late date!

You can call and ask and if it's not available, request to waitlist but you only have a week for that (waitlists expire at 7 days prior).

We actually had both types of 2 bedroom villas on our last stay (had to make 2 separate ressies), and on the DVC member site under Vacation Details, one specifically said 2BR Lockoff and the other specifically said Dedicated 2BR. The dedicated definitely felt larger when it came to the second bedroom, which would be the studio in the lockoff, because the kitchenette area takes up space. Definitely prefer the dedicated, although you do get a double setup of coffee with the second kitchen!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter