• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 Bedroom suite waitlist

calmom

Just a dream and a wind to carry me...
Has anyone had luck being on the waitlist for a 2 bedroom suite? Do they do it first come, first serve with the waitlist? Once they call, how long do you have to decide? We are waitlisted for Nov. 2006 and just wondering what our chances are (if any!). Thanks, Lisa

Lisa:
I just read a post the other day that someone actually got a call abotu a Cat #1 they were on the list for. Lists are created on a 1st come 1st serve order. DCL will contact whoever is first on the list and you have several days ( Not sure as to the exact number 7-10?) to place your deposit. Suites require a $500 per person deposit. If not interested, DCL will move to the next name on the list.
I have the luck of a Cat#1 for the 2006 President's week cruise. I did put in for this room 2 years in advance while on the same cruise in 2004.
Keep your fingers crossed and good luck.

Thanks -can you get on a waiting list before the schedule is posted? I'm wondering about 2007...also, does anyone know if cat 2 sleeps 5 or 7? On the Disney site, it says 7 on the overall description, but then when you click 2-bed for details it says 5. I went to visit it before departing on our last cruise and saw the queen bed in the bedroom 1, 2 twins and 1 pull down in bedroom 2. Not sure about other sleeping places. Thanks! And congrats on your cruise coming up in Feb. That will be great!

Yes, you can get on the waitlist for 2007 by faxing inventory control (sorry, i don't have the fax # with me but I know you can do a search for it on the boards). I already faxed my requests in for 2007 and 2008 cat 2 and cat 1.

Hope that helps a little,

Laura

calmom said:
Thanks -can you get on a waiting list before the schedule is posted? I'm wondering about 2007...also, does anyone know if cat 2 sleeps 5 or 7? On the Disney site, it says 7 on the overall description, but then when you click 2-bed for details it says 5. I went to visit it before departing on our last cruise and saw the queen bed in the bedroom 1, 2 twins and 1 pull down in bedroom 2. Not sure about other sleeping places. Thanks! And congrats on your cruise coming up in Feb. That will be great!

Cat. 2 sleeps 7: 2 in Master (queen bed); 3 in second bedroom (queen (or it can be separated into two twins) and one pull down); 2 in living room on sofa bed (although I believe it would be a bit small for 2 adults. HTH

Thanks Laura and Lisa - I'm the only one as of now on the wait list for my Nov 2006 cruise for Cat. 2 so I hope I have a chance. I'm going to find the fax number and fax for 2008. Who knows where we will be sailing though! Lisa

Calmom - I don't know if you're already booked for that Nov 2006 cruise, or for what stateroom category, but keep in mind that even though you're the only one on the waitlist for the 2BR, you are "hoping" that one of two parties will cancel since there are only 2 Cat 2s on the ship. If you're not in a Cat 3 for it, you might want wan to consider adding that to the list since there are 22 (or something like that) of those on the ship. If you're already in one of those, then I'm going on about nothing, but thought I'd add this, just in case....

Thanks Flexsmom - a good suggestion. I'll call and add that request. Problem is that there is 6 in our family, so we would need a 1 bedroom connecting w/another stateroom, and although there are more of those than the 2 bedroom, I imagine they are tough to get as well. I think our connecting cat 5 will work fine - but it sure would be nice to have that extra room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter