• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 Bedroom Suite - AKL - Christmas - Tips Wanted

ahaxton

Earning My Ears
Well I've been trying my darn hardest to find photos of the 2 Bedroom Club Level suite at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Looking to stay there 4 nights 5 days for Christmas with my family. Also any great Christmas tips would be great too to make the most of our Christmas Disney trip!

Still no luck finding pictures of the Club Level 2 Bedroom Suite. I did get a confirmation that these are actual suites and not attached rooms. I'd like to get tips on my Christmas stay, what not to miss and what to do to make the most of the suite as well as our stay for Christmas.

Well Im booked for a 2 bedroom suite club level at the AKL! December 24th-27th. So lucky! So much is booked already! Still haven't found good pictures, but I did find out theres 2 balcony's with one having the thatched roof. Will make for magical breakfasts each morning and maybe even christmas morning gift openings while looking at the animals!

Janet2K posted great photos of a suite with thatched roof several years back. Maybe check one of the old AKL resort FAQs.

Sounds like a great treat. Happy planning!

Janet2K posted great photos of a suite with thatched roof several years back. Maybe check one of the old AKL resort FAQs.

Sounds like a great treat. Happy planning!

I think thats the vice presidential suite or presidential suite with a thatched roof living room. The 2 bedroom just has the thatched roof balcony. I'd love to stay at the vice presidential suite for christmas. But since theres only one I doubt availability will free up.

So many pictures of 1 bedrooms, vice presidential and presidential. Wheres the love for the 2 bedroom lol.

It's a suite not a villa? Do you know where it's located?

Sounds wonderful wherever it is!

It's a suite not a villa? Do you know where it's located?

Sounds wonderful wherever it is!

Yeah the description is a club level 2 bedroom suite with parlor. Circular Balcony out of parlor and master bedroom as well as balcony out of secondary bedroom.

2 and a half bath (powder room by parlor). Also day bed inside the secondary bedroom with 2 queen beds.

I am guessing its on the corners of the club level since theres a circular balcony.

Well, I think the only level that is exclusively club level is the 6th. It houses the club lounge and five 2 BR villas which can be broken down into 1 BRs and studios.

Most of the 5th floor is also villas although there is at least one suite there. And I think another across the lobby. Are those the Presedential and VP suites?

At the end of the wings there are circular balconies. The ones on the 5th floor are 3 BR villas if the info on the DVC boards has been correct. I wonder if the two BR suites are in the same area but on the 4th floor? Most if not all club level rooms are reportedly on the 4th now although most rooms on the 4th are not club level.

Let us know what you discover.

BTW, have you tried asking on one of the AKL FAQs. The AKL experts post there.

Well, I think the only level that is exclusively club level is the 6th. It houses the club lounge and five 2 BR villas which can be broken down into 1 BRs and studios.

Most of the 5th floor is also villas although there is at least one suite there. And I think another across the lobby. Are those the Presedential and VP suites?

At the end of the wings there are circular balconies. The ones on the 5th floor are 3 BR villas if the info on the DVC boards has been correct. I wonder if the two BR suites are in the same area but on the 4th floor? Most if not all club level rooms are reportedly on the 4th now although most rooms on the 4th are not club level.

Let us know what you discover.

BTW, have you tried asking on one of the AKL FAQs. The AKL experts post there.

Im going to do some more checking into it by calling up and checking on my reservation. I know there was only one 2 bedroom suite available when I booked it for Christmas. Definitely not too many around so it might still be on a higher floor. I found a review for a 2 bedroom suite but its from years ago and it said 5th floor.

Heres the official description when I booked the room:

2 Bedroom Suite - Club Level
Two bedroom suites offer two bedrooms, a separate sitting area, wet bar and two and one half baths. The first bedroom has one king bed, the second bedroom has two queen beds or one queen and one set of bunk beds, and the parlor has a queen sleeper sofa. Sleeps 8. Non-smoking and disabled-accessible rooms are available. Room amenities include in-room safe, voice mail, alarm clock with CD player, coffee maker, hairdryer, ceiling fan, refrigerator, and iron and ironing board. Two Bedroom Suite  Kilimanjaro Club rooms offer a view of Disney's Animal Kingdom® Lodge wildlife reserve. The Kilimanjaro Club includes advanced WDW Itinerary Planning service, personalized Front Desk and Concierge service, evening Turndown Service with chocolates, secured Key Access to Club Level floors, exclusive access to the Club Level Lounge, complimentary Health Club access, weekday newspaper delivery of USA Today, complimentary Fax Assistance and exclusive opportunity to book and experience Wildlife Discovery Excursion at Disney's Animal Kingdom. Club Level Lounge refreshments are served from 7:00am to 10:00pm daily.

As I understand it, they're actually not on the 6th floor at all. I have a floorplan for the 2BR suite that someone sent me (at one point I was looking into having my family vacation in one, alas price put a damper on that in the end)... pm me and I'll get it over to you if you like.

As I understand it, the suites are located in the "spokes" that stick out from the two long rounded trails. They are probably now on floors 3 and 4 only (this is just a guess though), as I believe nearly all of floor 5 is DVC units. To answer a PP, yes, I am nearly certain those two suites just off the lobby at the start of the trails are the Pres and VP suites... the special names -- Royal Assante Suite, and the other escapes me now-- are a dead giveaway.

I've been told--by someone who has stayed in both--that the 2BR suite is essentially a 1BR suite duct taped to a standard room, so any pics you find of the 1BR suite are probably still applicable.

Enjoy your stay, and be sure to post pics!

Ok thanks, I'll pm you.

By the way I found some old pics of a 2 bedroom suite.

http://*********************/wdwphotos/suites/akl_2_bedroom_suite.htm

Were thinking of eating at Jika Christmas eve. Go out to Hollywood Studios after dinner for a bit of extra magic hours!
Christmas Day spend at Magic Kingdom, grab a bunch of breakfast food from the concierge lounge and head back to the room for breakfast on the beautiful big balcony and open gifts!, Chef Mickeys for Lunch and Le Cellier for Dinner, 26th I have no idea! yet for 26th or 27th

Heres the pics since the link is messed up.

06ad01c0.jpg

06bd01c0.jpg

06c1cd00.jpg

06dd01c0.jpg

06ed01c0.jpg

070d01c0.jpg

077b5d00.jpg

Ack w/e

I stayed in a two-bedroom suite a couple of years ago at the AKL--it was an upgrade! I was on the second floor at the far end of a hallway. One bedroom with 2 queen beds and a bathroom, had it's own balcony overlooking the savannah (it's the savannah area to the far, far right. the second bedroom was a king sized bedroom with huge bathroom, and separate walk in, glassed in shower with a tiled bench. A family could have lived in that bathroom! The king bedroom had french doors opening to a living room with a queen sized pull out couch, one or two chairs (can't remember, now) and another balcony that connected both the king bedroom and the livingroom -both rooms had sliding glass doors, and that view overlooked another area. There was a mini kitchen off the living area, with a round table, and 4 chairs, a counter with a sink, microwave, small frig. In the hallway, was another half-bath. The two bedrooms could be used separately and locked off. I was there with two other families, and Disney upgraded us to the two bedroom so that we'd all be together. No extra cost.

Hi there!! If you go to ourlaughingplace.com and click on Walt Disney World, then deluxe hotels, then AKL, you will find photos. Click on photos, they have 123 pictures to view including ones of the two bedroom suites that you are looking for. I hope this helps!! :santa:

Have a great night!!

I took a look at perhaps booking the 2 bedroom suite also at the AKL, and I was weary because I was not 100% sure if it is worth the money. Anyway, the pictures from Our Laughing Place make the room look awesome... I am definetly thinking about changing our reservation for July.

I took a look at perhaps booking the 2 bedroom suite also at the AKL, and I was weary because I was not 100% sure if it is worth the money. Anyway, the pictures from Our Laughing Place make the room look awesome... I am definetly thinking about changing our reservation for July.

Do it if you can find the availability! It seems amazing doesn't it?
Contemporary seems the easiest to book for suites, but I am guessing thats because they have that special building (garden wing or something) with many suites, or fake sort of suites I guess you could put it since their now tower suites.

I can't believe the night before I was looking for christmas availability then the next day all of a sudden showed the 2 bedroom suite available for AKL. Gosh Im so excited to be there for Christmas. I think it'll have a homey feel at the same time since its like a mini home.

Hi there!! If you go to ourlaughingplace.com and click on Walt Disney World, then deluxe hotels, then AKL, you will find photos. Click on photos, they have 123 pictures to view including ones of the two bedroom suites that you are looking for. I hope this helps!! :santa:

Have a great night!!

Yay Thank You!

I was debating about the whole christmas stay at Disney. I came to the conclusion that if we just took a standard hotel room it might make my family feel a bit odd. My family is big on traditional at home real tree and all. The standard hotel room I think would upset or give them a weird feeling since the standard hotel room is very much the same in layout and size in all hotels. I think that suite will make the non traditional Christmas more magical with a homey touch. The whole two beds in a room for Christmas morning I know just would be blah for my family. With the suite we can have a beautiful Christmas morning coming out of the rooms and congregating then having a special breakfast together on the large circular Balcony with the animals!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter