2 bathrooms suite almost same price as 2 actual rooms

Zakery

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We are planning a trip for January and the people going are Mom, Dad, Son (12) and Grandma. We would like to get a suite that has 2 bathrooms. We normally like value as most of our time is spent in the parks. It seems to me that most any suites that have 2 bathrooms are almost much double the cost of a regular room. It almost seems better to just get two rooms. Does anyone have any ideas? Am I just missing something or is this just the way things are priced at Disney World.

The disadvantages of the two rooms is they might not be beside each other and you don't get the kitchenette but for sleeping I think two separate rooms would be more comfortable.

The suite is usually a few dollars more, not much though if you compare vs. a preferred room at All-Star Music. AofA has only a few Little Mermaid regular rooms and they usually don't qualify for a discount, or much of a discount compared to the regular rooms at All-Stars or Pop.

Our family spends time in our room at breakfast, break in the middle of the day, and evening and we don't want to just sit on the edge of the bed. We'd rather have a nice living room area to hang out in and spend time together without getting a backache.

The All-Stars living room is bigger then AofA. AofA offers a living room and separate dining room sleeping area, which may work better to give Grandma her own sleeping space. Having a nice size fridge, microwave and food storage area is also a great advantage of a suite. All-Star Music has a separate area between the bedroom and the bathroom, while AofA has a kitchenette area in the living room.

All-Star Music has two full size closets next to the sinks, whereas AofA has a locker/hanging rod in the living room.

For space, I recommend All-Star Music. For immersive Disney theming, and a separate sleeping space for Grandma, I recommend Art of Animation.

Good luck deciding!!!

if you go with two rooms, connecting rooms are not guaranteed. A suite would guarantee your party to be in the same area.

Not sure if it would save you any money but have you looked into renting points for a 1-bedroom villa at BLT or AKV-Kidani? Both are roomy and have 2 bathrooms.

The suite is usually a few dollars more, not much though if you compare vs. a preferred room at All-Star Music. AofA has only a few Little Mermaid regular rooms and they usually don't qualify for a discount, or much of a discount compared to the regular rooms at All-Stars or Pop.

Our family spends time in our room at breakfast, break in the middle of the day, and evening and we don't want to just sit on the edge of the bed. We'd rather have a nice living room area to hang out in and spend time together without getting a backache.

The All-Stars living room is bigger then AofA. AofA offers a living room and separate dining room sleeping area, which may work better to give Grandma her own sleeping space. Having a nice size fridge, microwave and food storage area is also a great advantage of a suite. All-Star Music has a separate area between the bedroom and the bathroom, while AofA has a kitchenette area in the living room.

All-Star Music has two full size closets next to the sinks, whereas AofA has a locker/hanging rod in the living room.

For space, I recommend All-Star Music. For immersive Disney theming, and a separate sleeping space for Grandma, I recommend Art of Animation.

Good luck deciding!!!

With a 12-year old son, I doubt Little Mermaid is a big draw...

No, you're not missing anything.

Actually, per square foot, if you go through Disney, some of the DVC villas are cheaper than the single rooms. Maybe take a look at OKW or SSR? There should be room discounts out around that time too.

Two value rooms will most likely price out less than a suite at AoA or ASMu. You will also get 4 real beds if you book two rooms as opposed to one bed and a bunch of pull-outs in a value suite. You can put in a request for connecting rooms, though it's not guaranteed. If that's not a deal breaker, I'd just get two rooms. You will not have the coffee maker or microwave that you would find in the suite, but that's about it.

Just and FYI: Two suites are different in size and layout and types of bedding offered. And the resorts are very different.

b88e2ecf-4829-439d-966a-f1c2f85ecb0f.jpg

asmusuite.jpg

The last time we went my in-laws went with us and we stayed at Kidani in a 2bedroom suite. We were upgraded to a savannah view and it was the nicest place We have stayed at Disney!!! We also think well we arent in the room that much so value is ok but I have to tell you it was so nice to comeback to the room and enjoy the view of the animals!!! This time we are staying at AoA in a suite but I will miss Kidani!!! If youcan afford it I would look into staying at Kidani!!!!

Thanks everyone for all the comments. We decided that we would like to be at AoA so we are getting Lion King Suite. We ended up deciding that we didn't want to risk being spread out far at the resort.

Thanks everyone for all the comments. We decided that we would like to be at AoA so we are getting Lion King Suite. We ended up deciding that we didn't want to risk being spread out far at the resort.

I love the setup of the suites there and the resort is so cool. I stay at POP a lot but go there to walk around, take pics and eat at the food court - real plates and silverware just make it that much better. Enjoy!

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc026.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc025.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc023.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc022.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc020.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc018.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc017.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc016.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc015.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc014.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc011.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc009.jpg

DisneySept12AOATourampDTDetc008.jpg

Disney%2012%20Tueday%20Art%20of%20Animation%20117.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter