2 Aussies escape the heat... The most magical trip ever !

Enjoying the trip report. Those were great fireworks pictures!

Thankyou! I think they turned out, although not the best, Ive seen so many beautiful pictures here that other people have taken, but thanks.

Gorgeous Jessie! ... I mean the ring! :thumbsup2

Congratulations and what a special moment for you and Dave. Sorry about your sister and her BF as I'm sure it would have put a tinge of sadness on your moment. Maybe it was just as well you had flat phones and no credits.

So....when and WHERE (in the WDW) is the wedding? popcorn::

Thankyou you very much! It was a very very nice surprise! It just made being at Disney so much more special!

We have actually decided to get married at the Swan & Dolphin Hotel at WDW next September 2013! I have already started a planning journal over in the wedding section, so once Ive done posting our report here, I'll pass on the link , plus we have just gone ahead and booked a 10 day trip in September this year, for some wedding planning!! So I really must finish this report soon :)

Hello,

Sorry its been so long since I have written.
Bit of a life update -
We have been busy organised our wedding, which i am so so happy to announce is 10 September 2013 at the Swan & Dolphin Hotel at WDW !!! We are so so excited! All our family and friends have been very very excited about it all. Last week, I got jealous as Dave is going to Japan next month with his best friend, to go cycling around the north island, me personally not my idea of a holiday haha, so I said I want to go on a holiday this year, so we did some research and i thought going back to wdw would be a fabulous plan to do some wedding planning, meet and greets! So we booked and we leave 7 September and arrive back on 18 September :) I best get this trip report finished soon :)

So we were on Day 5

When we woke up we were on cloud nine, after the amazing night, and I was thinking how are we going to top that! To be honest, nothing really could, but today we were leaving the world for the day and heading to Universal Studios, I was so excited to see Harry Potter World.

I won't post too many pictures but we had a fantastic time! We have already been to the Universal Studios in LA so we were mainly going for Harry !

P1080480-1.jpg

Truly amazing Hogwarts Castle!

P1080478.jpg

Hogsmead

P1080500.jpg

We had 2 of these, Butterbeer, seriously this stuff is delicious!!

This place was really really awesome. I know its not the mouse, but if you are a Happy Potter Fan, I definitely recommend paying a visit to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

After we left Universal it was late afternoon, we headed back to Pop had a quick lay down, gosh this touring stuff is hard yackker!
We grabbed a quick dinner at Pop, which I do remember I didn't enjoy very much at all, but can't remember what it was? sorry...

Tonight we were heading to Disney Hollywood Studios!
I had been reading so much about Toy Story Mania ride, I just knew we had to go and try it out tonight incase it was so busy tomorrow!
P1080580-1.jpg

All the fast passes where gone, which was expected, but we jumped it line, I think we waited about 35minutes or so, it wasn't too bad. But oh gosh we loved this ride it was awesome!! Dave really loved Buzz so he was a bit torn after he got off the ride haha, as he wasn't sure which ride he loved more! Seriously how good is this ride!

After we finished riding Toy Story Mania. We wandered over to the Streets of America, and we were completely blown away, how amazing are the Osbourne Lights! I have seen pictures but it is really something you have to see for yourself!

P1080594.jpg

P1080602.jpg

P1080590.jpg

After we looked around awhile, got our pictures by the Fastpass photographers, even though it was about a 15minute wait it was well worth it!

We decided to call it a night, as we knew we would coming back early tomorrow. I can't believe that our time here at WDW was slowing coming to an end :(

Thanks for you reading x

Up next, Day 6 - Hollywood Studios & Epcot at night !

Congratulation on setting the date and location. Looks like you have a very exciting time ahead of you with planning for the wedding!

And yes....a trip in September THIS year will be exactly what you'll need to do. Don't forget that it will be Food and Wine; as well as possibly Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party time....

I'm loving the pictures of Osbourne. I've been to DLR to see Christmas a couple of times. Never had the opportunity to go to WDW for Christmas. Oh well....

Did you have the liquid Butterbeer only? Or did you try the frozen Butterbeer as well? I preferred the frozen by a long margin.

Day 6 !

Cant believe we only have 1 more night here :( It makes me sad just thinking of it, because I know how much I didn't want to leave when we were there!

This morning, we woke up early and headed down to get breaky at Everything Pop. I remember thinking, next time, we are definitely going to have more ADR's for Breakfasts, not a lot of options at Pop.

So after breakfast we headed to the buses and off to Hollywood Studios.

P1080611.jpg

My plan was to walk very fast to Toy Story Mania, but holy cow I was not prepared for the crowds so many people! I walked past the line that was the line for collecting Fast Pass tickets, holy cow when I realised where is started I said to dave forget it we will come back later! The standby line was already at 50 or 60 minutes it was mental!

So we kept walking and decided on go on the Backlot studio tour it was fun! We both enjoyed it!

P1080617-1.jpg

After the tour, we headed back to Toy Story Mania and we managed to get some fast passes for it, for about 2pm i think, just before the afternoon parade. But the standby line was only 30minutes so we decided to ride it!
Mr Potato Head was out, he was so fun! We couldn't get enough of this ride!
P1080647.jpg

After we finished riding TSM, we headed over to Starring Rolls, I had read a lot of reviews of this place, so I was very excited to try something yummy! We waited in line and when we got the counter, I decided on the butterfingers cupcake an dave got an m&m thing, anyone know what it is??

P1080648.jpg

Wow, it was so big, I couldn't even finish half of it! It was so rich and filling, i actually felt a bit sick afterwards. I think next time we will wait a bit later in the day to try another from this place hehe!

To be honest, I can't really remember what we did afterwards, I think it started to rain a bit so jumped on the Great Movie Ride, which was great, we enjoyed it. Then I think we walked around to the Star Tours, we enjoyed this one, but Dave started to feel a bit sick haha maybe it was the m&m thing repeating on him! It was almost lunch and we had a lunch date at 50's Prime Time Cafe.

P1080664.jpg

We had fun here, and thoroughly enjoyed lunch, our server wasn't as good as what I have read about, not that interactive at all which was disappointing but we had fun! Something very different and unique.

We walked up to Rock n Rollacoaster and Tower of Terror, we ended up getting fast passes for Tower of Terror, and thought we would ride the Rollercoast now, haha except I chickened out! So walked back over to Muppets hehe, we enjoyed the show! As we were walking back to Tower of Terror I chickened out again and ended up passing our fast passes onto a young couple, they were very happy!

We raced back to TSM to ride that one last time! and then went and got ourselves ready for the parade it was so cool! and I finally got to see Boo! one of my favourite disney characters!

P1080686-1.jpg

UP! so so cute!
P1080694.jpg

My other favourite character Jessie!

P1080699.jpg

Goodbye Hollywood Studios!

P1080711.jpg

We jumped on the bus and headed to Magic Kingdom, we had a date with the Princesses for dinner!!

The inside of the castle is just beautiful! We got a table at the window too, it was great!

P1080729.jpg

Here I am enjoyed Dinner it was delicious!!

P1080730.jpg

and me and Belle she was so lovely!

P1080734.jpg

After dinner, we had one more stop before bed... EPCOT for the Illuminations Fireworks! and we caught the monorail for the first time! It was great, but 3 parks in one day, we were so exhausted but have to push on!

P1080738.jpg

How pretty is EPCOT at night? We loved Epcot as soon as we walked through the gates and immediately I knew we had made the wrong choice in leaving only one half a day to see the park :(

Pretty christmas Tree as we approached the World Showcase. and holy cow it was packed there was so many people!
P1080744.jpg

We tried to walk around each country but it was so packed, everyone was getting their position for Illuminations! We ended up getting spots near China I think, but to be honest, I was so over it, how can I say that at Disney, but does anyone just get to the point where they are just so so exhausted they can't even keep their eyes open, yep that was me!

The fireworks were great though, they woke me up!
P1080754.jpg

I was seriously so so tired after the fireworks finished I was just ready to fall asleep right then and there! But we had to push on, we had to get back to Pop! We decided to keep walking around the World Showcase.

We were getting hungry and I thought food will give me energy and here comes the holy grail... Funnel Cake oh wow! I have never tasted one of these before but I wanted more!!! it was delicious!!

P1080764-1.jpg

We took a few more pictures and kept walking out the door.

P1080765.jpg

P1080766.jpg

I'm pretty sure we made it back to Pop close to 12... what a big day!! We crashed as soon as we layed on the bed. I really didn't want to go to bed, as I knew tomorrow was our last day here in the most magical place in the world and we didn't want to leave!!

Thanks for reading! Up next, our last day in the happiest place on earth!

Congratulation on setting the date and location. Looks like you have a very exciting time ahead of you with planning for the wedding!

And yes....a trip in September THIS year will be exactly what you'll need to do. Don't forget that it will be Food and Wine; as well as possibly Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party time....

I'm loving the pictures of Osbourne. I've been to DLR to see Christmas a couple of times. Never had the opportunity to go to WDW for Christmas. Oh well....

Did you have the liquid Butterbeer only? Or did you try the frozen Butterbeer as well? I preferred the frozen by a long margin.

We surely do have very exciting times ahead, I still can't believe we are getting married at Walt Disney World! Its not something we even considered until some friends suggested it, i think more of a joke, but we went home and researched it and here we are !!

We should be there for the Halloween party but not sure about the Food & Wine, I should check that out, and see what date it starts because that would be a lot of fun!

If you have the chance to go to WDW at Christmas time, do it, its just amazing and so so special! I'd love to make it back every year, but probably not going to happen hehe!

I didn't have the liquid butterbeer, but Dave did, he actually preferred it, I had a little taste but like I much preferred the frozen it was so good! I wish I could have bottled it up and taken it home, but we had 2 each hehe, hopefully next year when our families come over for the wedding, they will head to Universal so we might pop along with them, just for butterbeer of course hehe!

I've got a DisMeet planned for the first week in October 2013. So, I'm planning on being at Universal/IoA for 2 nights and then heading to WDW for 6 or 7 nights after.

The trip coincides with DS school holidays and I'm hoping to sneak an extra week; either before or after. I'll certainly be thinking of you whilst I'm planning my trip!

So, sadly it will be more F&W and MNSSHP for me. :teeth: Not sure when we will fit in Christmas at the World. Can't see it happening for the next 4 years. :sad:

BTW - I love the resized (larger) pictures. I always appreciate seeing the detail. :thumbsup2

I've got a DisMeet planned for the first week in October 2013. So, I'm planning on being at Universal/IoA for 2 nights and then heading to WDW for 6 or 7 nights after.

The trip coincides with DS school holidays and I'm hoping to sneak an extra week; either before or after. I'll certainly be thinking of you whilst I'm planning my trip!

So, sadly it will be more F&W and MNSSHP for me. :teeth: Not sure when we will fit in Christmas at the World. Can't see it happening for the next 4 years. :sad:

Thanks for reading along! Well we may still be at WDW after the wedding do if so I'd love to meet up!!

Awwh sad face about no Christmas trip but I think Halloween will be amazing espevially how it's a holiday is aussies don't celebrate!

Happy planning :)

Ohh I actually thought the pictures were a bit big. But glad they are ok and shoe some detail!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter