2 and 3 year old in Cat 12

Aussiechick

Earning My Ears
Hi,

Can you book a Cat 12 for a family with two young kids? I see it sleeps three but is it ok to have a pack and play in the room - or too small?

Thanks!

Hi,

Can you book a Cat 12 for a family with two young kids? I see it sleeps three but is it ok to have a pack and play in the room - or too small?

Thanks!

The cat 12's only sleep 3 people, and DCL will only assign parties with 3 or less to an actual Cat 12 room. But DCL occasionaly lets a party of 4 book a Cat 12 when they're trying to fill the ship. Cat 12s are only booked in GTY status, meaning you don't get an actual room number until closer to the sailing date. If DCL lets a party of 4 book a Cat 12, then you will get an automatic upgrade to at least a Cat 11 (most are the same as a 12, but on a higher deck), but could end up in a Cat 10 (Deluxe Inside with split bath) or Cat 9 (Oceanview on Deck 1 or 2).

If your two year old will sleep in the pack and play, there is room for it in the room even with the couch flipped into a bed for the 3yr old. (It's going to be crowded). Or if the little one is sleeping in a regular bed by your cruise, you can have the steward put a mattress and bedding on the floor for one of the kids while the other one is on the couch. Our three yr old slept on the couch bed, and we did use a bedrail just as a precaution.

We are booked in a cat 12 GTY for the July 30th Dover to Barcelona cruise with two adults, a 5 year old and a 2 and a half year old. If the site or your TA can book the cat 12 with four in that is fine, you will just get assigned at least a cat 11.

Enjoy your cruise.
Mel
x

We booked a Cat. 12 gty. with my husband myself ds(6) and dd(4) we were upgraded to the cat. 9 deluxe ocean view deck 2:banana:
Have a great cruise!!!

The pack-n-play fits fine. I just got really good at setting it up and taking it down before and after each nap. The room host did that for us in the evening. I put the pack-n-play against the sofa bed so that my 3 year would not fall out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter