...2 adults new to disney, plan on eatin in epcot the majority do we need ADR?

Tigger-Boy

Earning My Ears
we are 2 30 year olds planning on eating the majority of our time in epcot... do we need adr's if we have a flexible schedule... i mean they must take some walk ins?.... its only 2 of us?... just curious?...

You will likely get a table SOMEWHERE but it might not be where you want...Depending on the time of year and restaurant you may be turned away at some of the most popular places...Best to make some ADR for places you know you want to eat at...Also it does not hurt to make those ADR and you can always cancel them if you change you mind about your schedule that day...Just better to have them then to not have them...But will you get a seat somewhere without an ADR, likely...You can always head over to the Boardwalk to eat from Epcot...Good area for people without kids.

no... they don't necessarily take walk-ins. If a restaurant is booked for the night with ADRs, they don't save tables for walk-ins. If you are going during free dining or a busy time of year (and I think those 2 pretty much cover the whole year!) ADRs are the only way you can be sure of getting into a popular restaurant. If you don't mind eating outside the park or at an odd time (like very late) you might have luck checking with Guest Services in the morning. But if you have specific restaurants in mind, I'd suggest making ADRs. You can always cancel right up until the day if you find you can't or don't want to use it.

You will need ADR's. Last week when we were there we had ADR's, but saw plenty of families (even of 2) get turned away for not having them. I go with just my wife and make sure to always get Ressies. I know Norway and Canada are rough even for getting ADR's, so I cannot imagine walkins. When I had dinner this past week in both China (Nine Dragons) and Germany (Biergarten) they were turning away walk-ins.

You don't really say when you are going, but in general I would say absolutely yes ADR's are recommended. Personally, I would not go without them. But I have seen others that say they would.

You don't really say when you are going, but in general I would say absolutely yes ADR's are recommended. Personally, I would not go without them. But I have seen others that say they would.

i am sorry.. we are going for october 16-19 during food and wine

i am sorry.. we are going for october 16-19 during food and wine

Many people that go to the F&W eat at them small counters that are set up around the world...You can have more than a meal with all the small snacks you can get in each country....But F&W also means more people in Epcot...That is also during free dining which also means more people sitting down to eat...You may have some trouble getting a table...You should make a couple of ADR at the least and you can try to go on the fly the rest of the time.

Since you are going during F&WF and free dining.....I serious feel that ADRs are a must. I do not think there will be many walk-ups available during your vacation, since DH and I are going the week before and had a hard time booking our favorite restaurants at the 90 day mark.

I've been during food & wine and NO free dining. You needed an ADR for sure. We were in club level, and the concierge really struggled to find us anything in Epcot that day. I think we ended up at Nine Dragons, but that was all that was available. Learnt a valuable lesson that day!! It was busy everywhere. Considering it is free dining, you probably want to make a few plans now.

There are some good CS available though also. I really like the place in Japan, nicely authentic, or you can pick up some fish and chips in UK, if you are looking for something a bit more substantial than just the booth offerings (which are usually very good too!) As it is F&W you have the advantage that if everything is booked up, you can still graze around the world.

Have fun!

Call and make ADR's you wont be sorry, no matter when you go what time you go it is always better to make ADR's just to be on the safe side, having and ADR wont hurt not having an ADR could!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter