2 Adults, DDP, 12 TS/11 CS Restaurants, and Our First Dining Report! Final Rankings!

You are having some great meals!!!! Your desserts have looked fabulous! Esp the one at Chef's and worms and dirt!

I agree, Sci - Fi is okay, its really atmosphere only.

Desserts are totally the best part of any meal! We had some great ones on our trip. Thanks for following :goodvibes

I want to join in! DH and I are going in October. We have been several times with the kids but haven't been alone so it will be a whole new experience. Any suggestions will be great.

Dinner at Biergarten was actually something I was looking forward to, since I had heard it had authentic German cuisine. We had a 7:15pm ADR and arrived around 7pm. We were seated instantly, although at first they told us to follow one hostess, then another. We were sharing a table on the middle level with a group of 5 older people, but we luckily got the two seats along the rail, so we had a nice view of the show:

The music was a mixture of polkas and Christmas songs with a German flair. The kids seemed to have a lot of fun with the participatory portion, but we didn't have much interest in that. The show was really more of an accompaniment to our meal than entertainment.

We also had a quick walk to the buffet, which was nice. No pics of the actual buffet...wish I'd thought of that at the buffet-style restaurants. It seemed large, but turns out (and this happened at all the buffets we went to, except Boma) that there were 2 identical sides with a carving station in the middle.

Our waitress, Sylvia, took her time. She was very polite, but a bit slow. We ordered iced teas, and headed out to the buffet.

Here's one of my plates:

I think the soup was tomato-based. DH doesn't like tomato soup, so he didn't have any. I found it was excellent for dipping the pretzel bread. There is pickled herring at the bottom of the plate w/a cream sauce. Also some various cold and hot sausages with sauerkraut. On the right is a cold sausage salad, and cold potato salad at the top.

This is one of DH's plates. I forget what kind of meat that was at the top, but the sauce on the left is apricot chutney, which DH enjoyed. There is also warm potato salad towards the top right, and spaetzle on the bottom. We both really liked the spaetzle.

Another one of DH's plates:

The potato dumpling on the left was so-so. Not nearly as flavorful as we thought it would be.

Some repeat items on this plate:

However, the top is the schnitzel, which was so-so. The meat on the left is probably sauerbraten, which is kind of like pot roast.

And here are the desserts!

On the top is a berry sauce that came by itself in the cup, but I put the vanilla sauce on it. Going clockwise, is the apple strudel, vanilla pudding with chocolate chips, and Bavarian cheesecake. I thought the strudel and the cheesecake were heavenly!

As we were leaving, the other party at our table commented that we were very quiet dinner companions, but they hadn't seemed like they wanted to chat, so we just kept to ourselves. It really doesn't matter to us if we sit with other people, but we don't generally force conversation. I can see how the "family style" seating could be awkward for some people, though.

Total w/o DDP? I don't have a receipt that shows it, but based on my tip and the price of the buffet according to Disney websites, I'd say around $80.

Atmosphere? We'll give it a 4, but it didn't affect us like we thought it would. The restaurant has all the components of German decor, music, and food...I guess we just didn't get into it. Still, we have to give it a good rating because we can't think of a particular reason not to.

Service? That's a 3. She was very nice and always had a smile, but there wasn't anything special about the service.

Food? DH thinks he'd give at a 2 1/2, and I would probably go 3 1/2. We both had things we enjoyed. I liked a lot more of the food than he did. It was kind of disappointing, though.

Overall rating? The only reason we'd go back is if we were in a group or with someone who really wanted to go there. We don't plan on going back on our own.

I want to join in! DH and I are going in October. We have been several times with the kids but haven't been alone so it will be a whole new experience. Any suggestions will be great.

A lot of people told us that doing WDW with and without kids is two very different experiences. We had a fabulous time doing whatever we wanted on our own schedule, and I'm sure you will too.

I hope my reviews are helpful. We didn't do any signature dining this time around, but we will in January, so look for my dining review after that trip as well.

Wherever you go during your trip, take your time and enjoy it!

Dec. 5 was our planned day at AK. We got up early enough to make rope drop. I am pretty sure that's when ate the shortbread left over from our fish 'n' chips because we didn't have time to get any breakfast.

Having read all the reviews on the DIS, I planned for us to have lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. We got in line right around 11am, not even realizing that was the time they opened. The CMs there did a cute little "show" at opening, asking each section of the restaurant whether they were ready to go. It got us pretty pumped up to eat there.

I ordered the 1/2 slab of St. Louis Ribs:

The sides are baked beans and coleslaw, and I had sweet tea to drink.

DH ordered the pulled pork sandwich:

I think he was glad it only came with baked beans, since he doesn't like coleslaw. He had a Coke to drink.

We both got the same dessert, the chocolate mousse, which you can see in the above pictures, but here's a closer look:

We both really liked the food and the dessert. The meat was tender, the sauce was perfect, and it was a great use of CS credits. Totally worth it!

Overall rating? We'll definitely eat here next time we're at AK!

Before we left AK, we stopped at the Royal Anandapur Tea Company because I had heard about the huge tea selection and wanted to try something.

There was only one customer in front of us, but she was sampling a lot of different teas, so we waited a while. On a really crowded day, I'm guessing the wait could get pretty long. There were a lot of hot teas to choose from, and a couple of iced teas (although any tea can be iced). It was getting pretty warm out (well, warm in comparison to the rest of our trip), so we chose an iced red raspberry roobios tea.

It had a very refreshing flavor, but was not sweet, so I think most people would want to add a little sweetener.

The receipt says "Joffrey's Tea Cart" on it, which I think is a brand of coffee/tea that Disney uses. This was not part of the DDP, so we paid $3.25 OOP. Next time I'd like to go back and try a different flavor.

Joining in! :wave2: Great reviews so far! We ate at some of the same places on our last trip and I am curious to see how your experiences were in comparison.

Love the report so far! We appear to like the same places! We go to Biergarten every time.. and it can be hit and miss who you sit next to and sometimes you click and sometimes not.. it is an odd situation but thankfully my DH works in customer service so he usually breaks the tension with humor.. but it can be awkward!

Great reviews and awesome pictures!

I'm in! Loving your pictures and taking notes for my upcoming trip in August!

Joining in! :wave2: Great reviews so far! We ate at some of the same places on our last trip and I am curious to see how your experiences were in comparison.

Love the report so far! We appear to like the same places! We go to Biergarten every time.. and it can be hit and miss who you sit next to and sometimes you click and sometimes not.. it is an odd situation but thankfully my DH works in customer service so he usually breaks the tension with humor.. but it can be awkward!

Thanks for the compliments/encouragement! This is my first time posting a dining review, so I'm glad my fellow DISers are enjoying it. :goodvibes

First, I have to say that this is tied for our favorite meal of the trip! Before we left, I'd read a lot of mixed reviews for R&C, so I wasn't expecting much. We ended up having a wonderful meal! As many on the DIS have said, all restaurants will have good reviews and bad reviews, but you shouldn't let that stop you from making the reservation.

Originally, I booked R&C because I knew it had one of the best views of Illuminations. By the time the day of the ADR came, we'd seen Illuminations a couple of times, and we honestly didn't care if we saw it again from the R&C patio. Our ADR was for 8:20pm and we checked in at 8:10. The host gave us a buzzer, and we took a seat on the curb nearby. He asked if we had a preference between inside or outside. We said we didn't, so he gave us the first available table.

We ended up sitting inside, right at our 8:20pm reservation time. In the end, I'm really glad we sat inside, since even heat lamps don't always help me when it's cold, and it got pretty quiet inside later (especially during Illuminations).

We sat in the small seating area closest to the Pub, so we could see and hear the Pub crowd, but that didn't bother us. I felt it added to the atmosphere. However, people with a low tolerance for high noise levels might be annoyed.

Our waitress, Nikki, was very friendly and helpful. She started us off with some iced teas and warm rolls:

DH didn't think the rolls were that great, but I almost always like any bread I eat.

For dinner, DH ordered the chicken w/sweet potato pillow:

The chicken was so moist and delicious, but the real star was the sweet potato pillow. DH still won't stop talking about how good it was! I had several bites, and I can confirm it was outstanding! DH doesn't like pickled cabbage, but I do, and I thought that was also great.

I ordered the Surf and Turf, which had one fried fish strip, vegetables, steak, Irish potatoes au gratin, and Yorkshire Pudding.

I originally ordered this because I wanted to try Yorkshire Pudding and I was in the mood for steak. The best parts of the meal were the steak and the potatoes. The steak was cooked medium well like I wanted, and it had a wonderful flavor. The Yorkshire Pudding wasn't something I enjoyed, although I think it's authentic and made correctly. I just doesn't have much of a taste to it.

When we ordered the desserts, Nikki asked if we'd like any hot drinks to go with it. This was the first time I realized I could get a second drink with dessert (tea, coffee, etc.) as part of the DDP. I thought I was only limited to one drink. So, since we were in England, I ordered some tea.

Nikki suggested I have it with milk, the traditional way, so I did, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

DH ordered an Irish Coffee:

It was pretty strong, so he was happy ;)

For dessert, DH ordered the chocolate cake:

And I ordered the Bakewell tart:

I don't remember either dessert being a stand-out, but I do remember that DH and I switched desserts, and we were both a lot happier. What was really nice about dessert is that we got to take it slow, sip our drinks, and relax while everyone was outside watching Illuminations. The servers encouraged the guests at the inside tables to go outside and watch the show, so at least I know that we could've watched if we'd wanted to.

Total w/o DDP? $90.20 before tip

Atmosphere? We give it a 3. The decor and the raucous Pub noise made it feel British to us.

Service? That's a solid 4 1/2. Can't give it a 5, since we had a 5 during our trip and this wasn't quite as great. Still, Nikki couldn't have been nicer, and we always felt well taken care of.

Food? Nothing bad, and tons of OMG great! That's a 5 in our book.

Overall Rating? We're definitely going back!

12/6 was another day we slept in, so when we got into Epcot via the International Gateway, we were pretty hungry. I'd heard good things about Yakitori House, so we headed over there.

It was cold that morning/afternoon, but luckily there were still some available tables inside. We got there just before noon, and it started to get a bit crowded as we were eating.

We both ordered hot green tea and udon/sushi combos:

DH got the California roll combo, while I got the spicy tuna roll. Since there were two dessert options, cookie or ginger cake, we got one of each.

The sushi was nothing special...kind of like the type you get at a grocery store or convenience store. The udon soup was really tasty, though. I'd put it on par with udon at some of the better Japanese restaurants I've eaten at.

I adored the ginger cake, but DH wasn't that into it. I think that's a matter of taste preference, though. We saved the cookie for later.

Overall rating? We'd go back, especially on a cold day.

After walking around Epcot for a few hours, we decided to relax back at our hotel. I don't remember it being so late when we went to Beaches & Cream, but our receipt says 6:00pm. It seemed like B&C was almost always full when we'd walk by, and this time was no exception. They had room for 2 people at the counter, though.

We just wanted to have something sort of small (by B&C standards), so DH ordered at root beer float:

And I ordered a hot fudge sundae with strawberry and vanilla ice cream:

Both were utterly fantastic, as you can see by the pictures. I secretly wanted to order the No Way Jose, but I knew if I ate it, I'd never make it to dinner (and dinner was Le Cellier!).

Since we didn't want to use a QS meal and this wasn't a snack credit, we paid $11.38 OOP (before tip). Definitely worth the money. Ice cream is always great, especially on a cold day.

Of course, due to the extreme difficulty in getting the ADR, and all the fantastic reviews I'd read, Le Cellier was the dinner I was most looking forward to. DH remained skeptical :rotfl:

Our ADR was for 8:05pm. We checked in at 7:45, and joined several groups in the lobby while Tyler entertained us with trivia questions. DH and I got a couple right, so we received the "valuable" Mickey stickers. We were seated right on-time at 8:05.

Our table was in Alberta. I've heard some complaints about the close proximity of the seating, and I can see how it might bother some people. We had a 1/2 booth/table up against a wall, and the next 4-person booth/table was pretty close. I think being next to a wall kind of made it feel intimate, though, and the other table was empty for part of our meal, so we didn't have any issue with the seating.

Although our waiter had lost his name tag and was wearing a different one, his name was Jarrod, and he was awesome. I was going to order the three-course meal from the "Chef's Favorites" menu since we wanted to try the cheddar cheese soup. However, when Jarrod heard that, he told me that I really wouldn't be getting their best steak if I ordered the prime rib, and I should order a steak off the main menu. Since we were so keen on trying the soup, he brought us a small cup to go with our bread:

As you can see, one of us couldn't wait to try the pretzel bread before we took the picture.

A lot of people on the DIS rave about the pretzel bread and cheddar cheese soup at Le Cellier, but we found it to be so-so. The bread at Biergarten was just as good, and the soup was tasty, but a bit salty. I definitely liked the soup better than DH...he actually thought the cheddar flavor was too strong?!

Anyway, because of Jarrod's kindness, I was able to order the mushroom filet mignon:

I despise the taste of butter, so I ordered it with the butter sauce on the side (so DH could taste it, although I did try a tiny bit). The steak was perfectly cooked, and the mushroom risotto was sooooooo good! Definitely one of the best items we tasted on our entire trip.

DH had the New York strip steak, but subbed the risotto for the potatoes:

He says that the rest of the meal was average, but the risotto and the dessert were amazing!

Because we'd eaten so much all day, DH wasn't in the mood for a heavy dessert. He ordered the seasonal sorbet, which was raspberry:

It was delicious, and you could see the real raspberry in it.

I had the maple creme brulee:

The picture looks pretty ordinary, but it was very good. After my "discovery" at Rose & Crown, I also ordered hot tea with my dessert, which was relaxing.

At the time we didn't really think of it, but I had made a note on our reservation that it was our anniversary, and we were wearing the buttons, but there was no mention of it from the restaurant at dinner. In fact, only 2 TS restaurants did anything for our anniversary. I'm not sure whether we should've expected anything or not, but I've read a lot of dining reviews where the servers put a little "Congratulations" somewhere on the dessert plate. We still had a great meal, but that little extra would've been nice.

Total w/o DDP? $95.68 before tip.

Atmosphere? We both give it a 3. However, that rating is a couples rating, since we loved not having cell phone service and the way the interior looked like a cellar. Maybe that wouldn't be as wonderful for families.

Service? A solid 4. The manager told us Jarrod was new, and we told her he was awesome.

Food? I give it a 4 1/2, but DH gives it a 3. Bah humbug.

Overall rating? We're going back for lunch on our next trip, but I want it more than DH does. I guess it didn't exactly live up to the hype, for me it came pretty close. The risotto alone is a good reason to return.

Great reviews, and wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing! I hadn't realized you could get a hot beverage with dessert as well, that would have been nice, especially given how cold it was! (we were there in December as well)

Great reviews, and wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing! I hadn't realized you could get a hot beverage with dessert as well, that would have been nice, especially given how cold it was! (we were there in December as well)

I'm lurking over in your new dining review thread, too. Looking forward to hearing about your Jiko experience, since we'll be dining there next month.

You know, now I wonder if you can get the hot beverage, or I just got lucky? I only asked at a couple of places after R&C, and no other restaurants ever offered. Although, how much does tea and coffee cost anyway, so I guess it wasn't a big deal to let me have that in addition to whatever cold drink I ordered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter