2/9/2013 - Fantasy Mardi Gras Cruise *****

We are debating what to do in St. Thomas........has anyone done the Kayak, hike and snorkel of Cas Cay? Or the Caribbean sea safari, snorkel and beach tour? We did the Doubloon sail and snorkel last time and had a great time, but what something new. Can't wait to book!!!

We've done many excursions in St. Thomas so we're opting for the St. John excursion this time (beach visit)...we've been there once and it is breathtaking...can't wait. For St. Thomas, I'd recommend taking a cab to Magean's Bay beach....(skip the organized excursion- you can do it on your own).

Hi! I am a single mom & will be on the cruise with my 10 year old darlin' daughter....would be great to meet another solo mom on the cruise! This will be our 4th disney cruise, but I'm new to the DIS boards/website (is there a 'group' I should join for this cruise?).

Welcome 1bigblueworld.....we are glad to see you aboard....can't wait to sail & meet you.

Robin :cheer2:

Hi Everyone,
We will also be aboard this wonderful cruise (DH, myself and DD 8). I have a question for all those parents out there with only children or daughters that are 8. We went on our first Disney Cruise, the Disney Dream Feb. 2012 and our daughter would not leave our side. This is normal for us as we do everything together, but one day we had her try a fun activity that was happening in the Oceaneer Club (even told staff that she has a hard time) she lasted 15 minutes before we got a call to go back and get her (we did the open house the first day too). Of course we want her to have a wonderful time/experience on the cruise too so we don't want to be at the oceaneer club if she isn't comfortable. My husband and I were talking if she could just make a friend we think she would enjoy all the fun things the Oceaneer Club has to offer? Granted we don't want her spending the entire cruise in the club, but we would love to have just a couple of hours to roam around the "Adult Only" area. I would love any suggestions or ideas you all may have with this. Thanks so much for your help/time.

Hi Everyone,
We will also be aboard this wonderful cruise (DH, myself and DD 8). I have a question for all those parents out there with only children or daughters that are 8. We went on our first Disney Cruise, the Disney Dream Feb. 2012 and our daughter would not leave our side. This is normal for us as we do everything together, but one day we had her try a fun activity that was happening in the Oceaneer Club (even told staff that she has a hard time) she lasted 15 minutes before we got a call to go back and get her (we did the open house the first day too). Of course we want her to have a wonderful time/experience on the cruise too so we don't want to be at the oceaneer club if she isn't comfortable. My husband and I were talking if she could just make a friend we think she would enjoy all the fun things the Oceaneer Club has to offer? Granted we don't want her spending the entire cruise in the club, but we would love to have just a couple of hours to roam around the "Adult Only" area. I would love any suggestions or ideas you all may have with this. Thanks so much for your help/time.

We also have a DD who will be 8...We had the same problem but with the Meet & Greet on the first day...my DD met other children her age and then had a blast with them. We will probably set up a time closer to the cruise for the M&G. I would suggest something else but we haven't told our DD we are going on the cruise yet.

Robin

Just checking over my bookings, and it now shows on "my cruise activities" overview that the pirate deck party is on TUESDAY, Feb. 12, which is St. Thomas day.

So if anyone was curious which night would be pirate night, that's when it looks like it is!

That would be Tuesday night. Just to avoid confusion.

Oops, you're right. Of course it is Tuesday! And happily for us, no conflict with Palo dining (as was last year's Valentine's Day).

Hi! I am a single mom & will be on the cruise with my 10 year old darlin' daughter....would be great to meet another solo mom on the cruise! This will be our 4th disney cruise, but I'm new to the DIS boards/website (is there a 'group' I should join for this cruise?).

Im a solo mom with a 16 yr old daughter - want to do brunch at Palo?? I can book it!! Email me - liz72@shaw.ca and we can hook up on facebook?

Hi Everyone,

We will have a 7 year old. Would your 8 year old play with a 7 year old? ;)

A M&G on the ship sounds like a great idea!

Jen

Hi to Lollipop's mom...:wave2:, that sounds really fun! I'll send you a message....I plan to book a spa treatment and a Pirates League/Boutique appointment for my daugther (we can book those on Nov. 11, so once I have those scheduled, I'll know what day would be good for Palo). Looking forward to meeting you...I've yet to try Palo!

-Erika

My husband and I will be on this cruise. We would like to join the FE exchange. Thank you.

Brenda and Brian

My husband and I will be on this cruise. We would like to join the FE exchange. Thank you.

Brenda and Brian

Hi folks, welcome aboard!

To join the FE Exchange, you just need to add yourself to our Roll Call. Here's the info.

See you on board!
David (DH of Mog's Mom)

ROLL CALL

If you're interested in sharing contact information with other dis'ers on the cruise, we have a Roll Call.

o Registration Form http://goo.gl/guLD0
o Data Request Form http://goo.gl/AF9u8

Please use the Registration Form to share or update your details, and to indicate whether you'd like to participate in the Fish Extender Exchange.
You may request output from the Roll Call anytime by using the Data Request Form.

FE List(s)

As the sail date approaches, we'll close the FE list membership so people can get their shopping and crafting done. We will have multiple lists with membership of 10-15 staterooms each. Decisions about list size will be made about 6 months before we sail, and while we will accept new participants until shortly before sail-away day, you'll make David's day by signing up sooner rather than later!

We will have a 7 year old. Would your 8 year old play with a 7 year old? ;)

A M&G on the ship sounds like a great idea!

Jen

Jelliott04 (Jen) & disneymom0331,

My DD would LOVE to play with your girls.....The M&G is the place to be...

:cheer2:

Hello all! Wow - just over 3 months to go!

Our son (15) and daughter (12) are interested in getting in touch with fellow cruisers before we go, and keeping in touch through email, IM, or Facebook.

If you've got kids who share this interest, you can contact us using our email address from the Roll Call, or by Disboard PM.

Thanks!
David

After Xmas my daughter can add them on fb but she has no clue about this until Xmas morning!!

1bigblueworld said:
Hi to Lollipop's mom...:wave2:, that sounds really fun! I'll send you a message....I plan to book a spa treatment and a Pirates League/Boutique appointment for my daugther (we can book those on Nov. 11, so once I have those scheduled, I'll know what day would be good for Palo). Looking forward to meeting you...I've yet to try Palo!

-Erika

Palo brunch is amazing!!! So glad to have found company. I'm booking stuff on the 11th as well. If you want to book it for us go ahead and then it's around your schedule. Maybe 2nd day at sea??

Woo Hoo! We sail in 3 months! Can't wait! :yay:
We have an "only", a 12 y.o. DS. Hoping he finds someone to hang out with a bit, although he isn't really outgoing at first. I think I am going to sign us up for the FE. As far as excursions, we are doing Godfrey Tours in St. Thomas (our first time there). Booked it separate from DCL. Google it if you want info on it. It gives us a chance to see some of the island as well as enjoy the beach and get some snorkeling in. DH & DS want to zipline in San Juan - I'm a little nervous about it (well, pretty nervous) but will go with the majority ;) The tour we want to do is 4.5 hrs. so we will be able to visit Old San Juan a bit also. On CC DH wants to do the 5K (just him, I'm not a runner) and then we are going to just hang out and enjoy the island - do some snorkeling, etc. Onboard I would like to book Palo, and also Mixology. I did the martini tasting on our last cruise and it was a blast! And, I might add, a great deal at only $15.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter