2.75 year old in small world nursery

KORY

Mouseketeer
by the time of my cruise my dd will be two weeks shy of 3 years old. will she still have fun in the nursery?
what kind of things are there for her to do? I know Disney is pretty strict but do you think they would allow her in the club with her 5 year old sister?

thanks

by the time of my cruise my dd will be two weeks shy of 3 years old. will she still have fun in the nursery?
what kind of things are there for her to do? I know Disney is pretty strict but do you think they would allow her in the club with her 5 year old sister?

thanks
They've gotten fairly strict about "aging up" in the clubs. Best answer to "will they allow her to go to Oceaneer's" is "maybe". You'd have to check once onboard with the CMs at Oceaneer's. In any case, you can always take her during the Club Open House hours as long as you stay with her.

Our Grandaughter was 2 months shy of 3 on our May/June Magic cruise. Although we too were concerned about it being for younger children, Small World was perfect for her. There were two other little girls her age who happened to be there most days when she was and they bonded. The CMs always had a craft table set up for the older ones with a CM there to help and DGD headed straight to it each stay. They also sang songs that near 3 year olds like, much like a pre-school. Cinderella visited each evening after supper and would actually sit on the floor and play blocks with the children. The CMs are trained and adapt so well to the age of the children and the activities they provide are appropriate. I am afraid that on our next cruise, when she is 3, DGD will want to be in Small World.

Our Grandaughter was 2 months shy of 3 on our May/June Magic cruise. Although we too were concerned about it being for younger children, Small World was perfect for her. There were two other little girls her age who happened to be there most days when she was and they bonded. The CMs always had a craft table set up for the older ones with a CM there to help and DGD headed straight to it each stay. They also sang songs that near 3 year olds like, much like a pre-school. Cinderella visited each evening after supper and would actually sit on the floor and play blocks with the children. The CMs are trained and adapt so well to the age of the children and the activities they provide are appropriate. I am afraid that on our next cruise, when she is 3, DGD will want to be in Small World.
It's my understanding that a 3 year old can participate in the nursery (extra cost, of course). But they do request that she take a stab at Oceaneer's first.

Every evening with Cinderella!! Think we need to get watching that with our daughter, having a character in a comfortable setting like that would be awesome for building confidence with characters in other settings. Really hoping she's ok with them, but this should help that comfort level along :).

Snow White and Peter Pan both spent a lot of time in the nursery when my 2 1/2 year old was there earlier this year. Minnie Mouse dropped by too.

But I agree with the others - my son did crafts and sang songs and had a great time. And the times that he was the only 'older' child in there he got 1-on-1 attention, which he loved.

Hi! I am a youth activities Counselor. Unfortunately they have gotten very strict with ages. It used to be that an almost three year old could maybe go to club and lab. Now the child has to be three. There is no wriggle room at all anymore, as people kept pushing it with children several months off three. There will be lots of art and games and toys for her to play with in SWN :)

Snow White and Peter Pan both spent a lot of time in the nursery when my 2 1/2 year old was there earlier this year.
When I went to pick up my son from Small World on our first Disney Cruise this past September, I looked in the door and who is sitting there coloring with the children, but Snow White. All I could think of was if my daughter (4 years old) had been with me she would have flipped out!

10999403_10153229851393349_966114883039804161_o.jpg My youngest turned 3 in June and our last cruise was end of April so he was 2.75 :) He still loved the small world nursery and had a blast. Several characters came by and the staff was great about doing age appropriate staff for each group. Here's a few pictures and his favorite castmember.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter