2/6/2011 - 4 Night Dream - Update 3/5 Animator's Palette

The Trip To The Port

Excited for our trip, we woke up around 6:30AM. Trouble was, we couldn't drop off our dogs until 9:00AM at the kennel. We struggled to sleep in some more before finally packing up the car and pre-cleaning the house. At least by the time we left our home at 8:30AM, the dishwasher was run, the floors were mopped, the carpets vacuumed and the house was tidy.

We dropped the dogs off at the kennel and finally started making our way down I-75 to the port.

Around 10AM, I noticed I should filled up the gas tank and get some breakfast. We stopped at our usual road food place - the Chick-fil-a in Perry, GA & enjoyed some wonderful chicken biscuits and hash browns.

003hi.jpg

We filled up for gas and I walked inside the store for some energy drinks. Through in-stores specials and manufacturer's coupons the cashier gave me I ended up with 4 of them for $2.27, which is amazing for 4 full size energy drinks.

Thus began the long (well 5.5 hours) drive to the port. It was rainy and deary most of the drive down. My husband was watching stuff on his phone for most of the drive so I was in my own world listening to whatever radio station I could get for that section of the highway. Thus is seemed a lot longer than it should have.

We ended up not stopping again until we pulled up to the Radisson at the Port.

We checked in and our room was available - #124 at the building right next to check-in & the pool.

180569_546752761212_29100023_31762069_5312347_n.jpg

Our Room

I had forgotten that the hotel uses down feathers and we had to remove the duvet and many of the pillows as my husband is allergic. I stuffed it in the closet so it wouldn't bother him.

We realized we hadn't gotten any of our alcohol yet and that we were hungry. We turned right off the road the Radisson is on and said we'll stop wherever we find a liquor shop first. We find a hole in the wall liquor store got some vodka, rum, gin and were on our way to find a decent dinner. After 10 minutes of travel down the road, nothing looked good to us. We turned around and decided we would just go to Kelsey's Pizzeria which is right next door to our hotel.

Walking in we thought it was going to be a meh meal & were pleasantly surprised with our cheese sticks, pepperoni pizza and ziti.

004vs.jpg

006upe.jpg

007kdd.jpg

We got out of there for less than $35 and went to head back to the room until tomorrow. I realized we had forgotten soda & we needed tonic water for the gin. As my husband played his video game, I headed back down the road to Publix.

At Publix, 2 wonderful things happened.
1) I found the cutest mini bottle of Rosa Regale that I've never seen before
2) Pepsi products were Buy 1, Get 1

179336_546474239372_29100023_31758287_150414_n.jpg

Happy with my finds, I went back to the hotel to pack up our beverage bag (boy was it heavy) and we watched Four Christmases on HBO and went to bed.

Journey to the Cruise Terminal

We woke up around 7:30 and my husband was slow moving and wanting to sleep in some more. I decided to move our car over to the 'cruise parking' area and go out with my camera to see what I could capture this morning.

007ch.jpg

008vq.jpg

011oz.jpg

012nir.jpg

015abg.jpg

016jx.jpg

017yh.jpg

019hn.jpg

020db.jpg

023zb.jpg

By the time I was finish with the pictures, my husband was dressed & we headed down to the restaurant for breakfast. We realized we wouldn't have that much longer until it was time to be on the ship & just ordered some bacon and a pastry but they were out of the pastry so we ended up with a small order of bacon for breakfast. At least it was cheap! ;)

We headed back to the room to gather up our luggage and go outside the hotel for our shuttle. I had booked us on the first shuttle of the day as I wanted as early of a boarding number we could get.

The shuttle started loading about 15 minutes before 10AM and we were soon on our way to the port.

Terminal Time

Shortly after 10AM, our shuttle pulled into the Disney Terminal. The porters were quick to get our luggage and breezed through security & the filling out of the health form. No one was in line for Castaway Club members (I'm silver even though it was my husband's first cruise) so within 5 minutes we were checked in.

180145_546498116522_29100023_31758799_1373110_n.jpg

Boarding group 5! Woot!

We made our way over to the chairs overlooking the dream to the side of the kid's club & finally got to see the Dream in person!

031zi.jpg

Knowing we had over an hour to wait, I went to take some pictures of the Disney Magic Model & Terminal while it was less crowded.

024mwl.jpg

Little sad it's a bit worn.

027lg.jpg

032umu.jpg

As the terminal got more crowded, they brought out some characters for you to visit!

039ej.jpg

040xlw.jpg

Beginning at 11:30AM, the boarding numbers started to be called and within 15 minutes they were up to group 4. We were up near the line waiting for our number to be called when it looked like they had an issue with their system to let people on board. We waited and waited and waited for about 20 minutes for it to be fixed. The crowd around the Mickey got tighter during this. Soon #5 was finally called & we were on our way to gangway! They scanned our tickets, we declined to have our welcome aboard picture taken as we knew we wouldn't purchase any of them.

Lunch & Exploring The Dream​

Once we boarded the ship, we made our way to the Enchanted Garden for lunch. The buffet selection was rather small but I enjoyed some peal & eat shrimp while my husband had some rock crab claws. Once we enjoyed them, we made our way up to D Lounge to see if I could get us into Palo Brunch!

Turns out missj1975 was behind me getting her Remy & Palo Brunch reservations too! My husband and I were able to get our Brunch reservations for 10AM on Wednesday and we were soon on our way to explore a little of the ship before our room was ready. We ended up doing the spa tour and entering into the raffle for free treatments.

At 1:30PM, we made our way to our room

182421_546753040652_29100023_31762086_1474944_n.jpg

169072_546753010712_29100023_31762084_317816_n.jpg

180579_546753025682_29100023_31762085_2382041_n.jpg

We discovered the ship map had our room wrong! :scared1: 9669 and 9667 are actually switched on the ship versus what the map says.

After unloading our heavy alcohol bags we went to Cabanas as we hadn't had a ton to eat at Enchanted Garden for lunch. We were shocked at how much better the selection was at Cabanas vs Enchanted Garden and wished we would have gone there instead!

We got a plate to split so we wouldn't eat too much.
044sc.jpg

After eating, we decided to go upstairs to look at Remy & Palo and Meridian.

180576_546753055622_29100023_31762087_243731_n.jpg

Picture leading up the Aft Staircase to Deck 12.

181721_546753080572_29100023_31762088_5506191_n.jpg

Check in for Palo & Remy

182447_546753090552_29100023_31762089_7057393_n.jpg

Left side of Meridian

180711_546753100532_29100023_31762090_34013_n.jpg

Right side of Meridian

168649_546753115502_29100023_31762091_5983753_n.jpg

Floor Details of Meridian

180506_546753125482_29100023_31762092_1387527_n.jpg

Cushion Details of Meridian

168695_546753145442_29100023_31762093_2281825_n.jpg

Remy Sign

181713_546753155422_29100023_31762094_3989068_n.jpg

Palo Sign

We then attempted to get upstairs to Goofy's Sport's Deck from the Aft Staircase.

179997_546753165402_29100023_31762095_6221370_n.jpg

Artwork Up Aft Staircase to Deck 13

Turns out - you can't get the door to open to the sports deck that way, at least at this time.

We took the elevator down to Deck 9 to see if our luggage had arrived.

168425_546753185362_29100023_31762096_6101373_n.jpg

It had! I spent the next hour or so unpacking and giving stuff its place before we were going to head up to Deck 12 for the Sail Away Party!

058ayw.jpg

Swivel for TV

Sorry we didn't get chance to meet onboard, but I'm looking forward to reading your review. I'll be posting mine, along with pictures, maybe later this weekend or sometime next week. Right now, were at WDW at Pop Century, so I have a lot of things to do!

Beth

Gotta love a trip that begins with chicken biscuits from Chick-Fil-A!

Almost all our trips end up starting with Chick-Fil-A. :D

Sorry we didn't get chance to meet onboard, but I'm looking forward to reading your review. I'll be posting mine, along with pictures, maybe later this weekend or sometime next week. Right now, were at WDW at Pop Century, so I have a lot of things to do!

Beth
I'm sorry we didn't get to meet up either! Can't wait to see how your week went. I'm jealous you are getting some WDW time as I don't get any of that until May.

great job so far! What did you think of the radisson?

Thanks! We liked the Radisson. The room was quiet as the waterfall outside minimized the noise from the pool bar. It was nicely located with lots of stuff nearby and the shuttle was free! We would definately go back there for our next cruise (whenever that may be)

The Trip To The Port

We stopped at our usual road food place - the Chick-fil-a in Perry, GA & enjoyed some wonderful chicken biscuits and hash browns.

We must be neighbors! Been to that Chick-Fil-A several times and know someone who works there! Small world. We leave today for our Dream cruise (departing Sunday). :banana:

Thank you for such an awesome report (so far!) I love all of the pictures, and love reading your reports! I'll be checking to see when the next installment is posted! :)

We must be neighbors! Been to that Chick-Fil-A several times and know someone who works there! Small world. We leave today for our Dream cruise (departing Sunday). :banana:

Yeah we live about 30 minutes north of there. Have fun on your cruise! You will enjoy it so much.

Thank you for such an awesome report (so far!) I love all of the pictures, and love reading your reports! I'll be checking to see when the next installment is posted! :)

Thanks for joining in! I took about 600 pictures and so many of them will end up making their way into the report I hope. Depends on how much imageshack and I fight over too large of pictures.

Sailing Away!

After unpacking, it was time for the muster drill. The new way of doing this is so very easy. We met in Evolution starboard side and had our key tapped into their computers and were shortly on our way to the sail away party.

We found ourselves some chairs next to the railing on deck 12 and decided to have our first adult beverage of the trip!

059q.jpg

It was only $15 for the two of them which isn't horrible. It was the only cups we got during the course of the cruise.

At the party we ran into some of the fellow Disers from our cruise thread & it was nice to put names to faces.

One of the ladies mentioned she never got notice of her onboard credit when we realized we didn't either. Luckily when returned to our cabin after the party, we had a note it was there!

The party wasn't as interesting as the last sail away I went to but it was cute seeing everyone dance it up.

After the party, we headed back to our room and I went outside at the Meridian Bar to send some last minute emails to some friends.

060ob.jpg

062iu.jpg

065ii.jpg

067qgo.jpg

072rlg.jpg

Once I was done with the picture taking, I went back to the room to get ready for dinner @ the Enchanted Garden.

Enchanted Garden

We arrived about 15 minutes early to our dining time for Enchanted Garden. They hadn't opened the gates yet so we took some pictures until it was opened.

075ts.jpg

077xo.jpg

Right at 6PM, the doors opened and we were lead to our table (#80)

Our server, Maria, quickly brought us our bread and welcoming treat.
080ru.jpg

081lr.jpg

082l.jpg

The assistant server, Jayson, took our beverage orders and then didn't return for about 20 minutes.

083wst.jpg

My snowfall which was wonderful!

087iro.jpg

Chair Details

088f.jpg

Lighting Details

Our server wouldn't let us order until our table mates arrived and they were about 20 minutes late. We were hoping to get through dinner quickly as my husband wanted to get to the Super Bowl watching ASAP.

Once allowed to order we went with:

North Atlantic Lobster Ravioli - with roasted garlic and sweet basil in a light tomato broth
084pn.jpg

I really wasn't a fan of this but I'm not a huge Lobster lover. My husband on the other hand loved it!

For our 2nd course, I went with:

Duck Consomme - with julienne of carrots, napa cabbages and shiitake mushroom
085ei.jpg

I loved it!

My husband went with:

Romaine Wedge - fresh crisp romaine topped with creamy Romano dressing and homemade spiced croutons
086vg.jpg

He thought it was ok but not exactly what he wanted.

For our entrees, I went with:

Pan-seared Sea Bass - with Saffron and fennel risotto with a sweet chili glaze
090rd.jpg

I only really ordered this for the risotto which was very good for mass produced risotto. The sea bass was really sweet due to the glaze and I could only eat a third of it.

My husband went with:

Grilled NY Strip Steak - thyme roasted vegetables, double baked potato topped with handmade herb butter.
089d.jpg

He enjoyed it but we ended up scarfing down our food to make our way to the District Lounge for the game & we skipped dessert. Our service was so slow on the first time as it was 7:45 before we got our entrées.

Yikes! Nothing worse than late tablemates and slow service. But dinner looked wonderful, and your day (other than that) sounds excellent!

Love your report! You've taken some fabulous pictures! Thank you for all the detail too. We'll be on the 3/6 cruise, also staying at the Radisson the night before so that kinda makes us cruise cousins doesn't it?

Terri
:surfweb:

Love all the photos! And someone please bring me one of those multicolored adult beverages ....

:sunny:
I really do love multicolored adult beverages!

Yikes! Nothing worse than late tablemates and slow service. But dinner looked wonderful, and your day (other than that) sounds excellent!

Dinner was decent. Overall it was a good first day on the ship.

Love your report! You've taken some fabulous pictures! Thank you for all the detail too. We'll be on the 3/6 cruise, also staying at the Radisson the night before so that kinda makes us cruise cousins doesn't it?

Terri
:surfweb:

Thanks! We are kinda cruise cousins just a month apart!

Super Bowl & Shopping

After we rushed out of dinner, we made our way to the District Lounge. There were chairs open but nothing right next to each other :( We sat as close as we good but it wasn't really good for talking to.

A server came and got some drink orders. I got a Bahama Mama & my husband a Miller Lite and we closed the tab and got my room key back then. We quickly enjoyed our drinks.

Now for the game, well, my favorite pass time for the super bowl is to mock the commercials with my husband. Its the only way I can get through watching the football part. Since we weren't close enough to talk, I was bored out of my mind and my husband could tell. He said lets go shopping and I'll just watch the game on ESPN International in the room. I said thank you to him.

We went into Whitecaps and I proceeded to debate on if I wanted to spend the $275 to $295 dollars on a Disney Dream Dooney & Bourke purse or should I get the Balloon Black Bucket or the DCL Sketch Bag. I think I annoyed my husband with how long this debate took. He had told me before if I got this purse I couldn't get the 40th WDW bag when I go in May.

I finally decided for the Satchel of the Dream. I figured if I end up getting tired of it, I could sell it on ebay as it has really good placement.

182755_546756104512_29100023_31762252_1419358_n.jpg

168371_546756114492_29100023_31762253_5653365_n.jpg

We went to go pay when I realized my name isn't Karen and I wasn't a platinum level cruiser.

The bartender in District Lounge gave me the wrong card! Luckily my husband had his room key so we could pay. We stopped by the Guest Services desk to let them know we were given the wrong card by the bartender and they quickly deactivated my old one and issued me a new card. We headed back to the room to drop off my purchases and so I could get head to the show that evening while my husband enjoyed the game in the comfort of the room.

The Golden Mickeys

I headed down to Deck 4 for balcony seating for the show. No one was waiting at that side for the show to open. I was able to get the upper box seats which I enjoyed as then I knew for sure I wasn't going to be annoying anyone with taking a million and a half pictures.

091ko.jpg

094zi.jpg

096kt.jpg

098fe.jpg

099p.jpg

100uy.jpg

102lm.jpg

106jo.jpg

107ff.jpg

109v.jpg

110srdu.jpg

I enjoyed the updates to the show since the last time I had seen it.

After the show I headed back to the room, found out the Packers won which I think upset the majority of the boat (so many people had on Steeler jerseys that day) and we headed to bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter