2/5/05 Eastern--anyone booked?

Would anyone like to plan a meet? I don't even know where to start, since I didn't participate in this board for our last cruise. I'm especially interested in a "family" meet, so that my children can meet some of your children! My dd6 I'm not worried about, but my dd8 and ds10 are a little more shy and hesitant in large groups. They do great once they get comfortable, it's just that "transition" time. Maybe if they met some of your children early on, it would help.

Denise

This is our first cruise, so I have no idea where a good place to meet would be, but we'd love to participate. I too would like my kids DS13 & DS10 to hook up with other kids their age. My DS10 I'm not so worried about as he's very responsible & respectful and gets along with just about anyone. However, with hearing some not so great things about the Stack lately, I'd really like my DS13 to meet some good kids he could feel comfortable with.

My family and I would to meet all of you also. DW 40,DS 9,DH 40. I double checked our reservation and we are SPH 5022. My TA said we maybe in line for a upgrade since we booked so early and the sph rooms are often requested.

This is our 1st disney cruise so we do not know a good meeting place but I am sure DH will looking for a cocktail and DS will be running lab as soon as possible. :jumping4:

Myself (30), DW28, and DS2 will be there! We will be @ WDW first from 1/30-2/4. Still debating whether to do town car round trip or rental to port and DCL transfer to MCO. Flight @ 2pm. Have a Happy Holiday Season!

I would definitely be interested in planning a "meet." It's just me and my DS10. My brother and his family DW, DS4, and DD5 will also be along...as will my parents. I'm definitely in interested in getting my DS10 together with some kids his age - he's reallly not into the Clubs, but he loves to play basketball and other stuff on Decks 9 & 10.

Has anyone here organized a "meet" before? :cheer2:

My DS9 is a basketball nut. We have never organized a meet before and do not know the ship real well, but we wil attend if there is a meet. :cool1:

if you all will "guide" me and give me your input! I guess we should start with a place and time. It seems like most people meet right before the safety drill Does that sound good to you guys? Do you want to do the pool or the Promenade Lounge?

Denise

I am not very not sure what the pool area will be like prior to the drill. I would think one of the lounges would be a great place to meet. If any of the other poster have ds or dd that will be using the LAB I could arrange a great and meet there with my ds.

Why don't we plan on meeting on Deck 10, starboard (the side facing the port), at 3:30 (right before the safety drill). It might be too hard to find each other if we wait until the Sail Away party. PM me or email me if you're interested in attending, and I'll makeup nametags for everyone.

In the meantime, why don't we get to know each other a little better? I'm Denise (35). I'm travelling with my hubby Tom (41), son Lee (10), daughter Sarah (8), daughter Maggie (6), mom Cheryl (57), and dad Bruce (63). This is our 2nd cruise (both Disney), but my parents' first ever cruise. We live in Maryland and are flying down on Friday, spending the night at the Holiday Inn Select at the airport.

Anyone else want to jump in?

Denise

The Lane family from Rosemount, Minnesota will be there! Deb (38), DH Kevin (45, one day before the cruise), DS Daniel (13) and DS Nathan (10). Can't wait to meet you all!

Myself 36, DW 34, DD 9, DS 4 will be there. My son won't have any problem going to the clubs. My daughter will go some, but she will go more if she makes friends there. She makes friends very easy.

WOW big group DISer's starting to log in. I think we are goi9ng to overrun by 10 year old Boys. Maybe someone should call disney and get extra Basket balls. LOL

:moped:

I started a spreadsheet of info about us, if anyone is interested in participating. I have columns for DIS name, real name, spouse/partner name, children/names/ages. Do you want anything else included--where you're from, staterooms, etc.?

PM me with your info and your email if you want me to send it to you. It's in Excel.

Denise

I noticed a few of us are bringing our parents along. Let me know that info, too. I know my mom and dad would enjoy meeting other people their age, too!

Denise

We'll be there too!

Me (40), my wife(38), 3 kids (son 8, daughter 4, daughter 9 months), sister-in-law(39), her daughter (3), and my mother.

See you all there!

Welcome, chmb1! If you'd like to PM me, I'm putting together a spreadsheet of everyone's info--real name, spouse/partner's name, children's names/ages, stateroom, email, where you're from, etc. We're also planning a meet for 3:00 at the Promenade Lounge on embarkation day. After the holidays are over, we'll get more details planned.

Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter