2/3/13/ Dream

We are going Feb 3rd. It will be our first! DH, DS 9 and myself. What is Fish Extender? Thanks!!

:welcome:

If you read back a few pages, I believe there is a link for a thread that has like FAQ of FEs.
In short, a Fish Extender is something you hang on the little fish outside the staterooms. You receive gifts in it and you also give gifts to others with a FE. If you wish to participate, you can sign up :)

We also have a group on facebook if you'd like to join ^_^ I think we're a bit more active on there than we are here :laughing:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/MickeyCruise/

Thanks for your reply! Ok, I have requested the facebook for Deam 2013. I love that it rhymes! I also sent email requesting to be added to the FE list. Now I need to start making gifts! Im so excited!

Did I miss any boys in the age range of 10-12? I sure hope our son is able to hang with some kids his age while in the club/lab.

Thanks you all! We look forward to meeting new Disney goers:)

Dad, Mom and 10 year old son.

Wow, with less than 3 months to go this forum is pretty quiet compared to the facebook group. This will be our first Disney cruise after doing 2 annual trips to WDW. Coming with me will be my wife, 2 kids, son age 10 and daughter age 4. We will also be accompanied by my mother and will be getting 2 adjoining staterooms. Will need to read up a bit more on how FE works and hopefully sign up for it. Hope to meet some of you on the cruise.

Sadly, we have to skip this cruise. One of our party is having some medical issues that we are hoping will be resolved soon. But, we have all talked and decided it is best to postpone a cruise for a few months. It is not worth taking a chance and being far away from home and medical services if things happen to go downhill.
Have a blast!!!! No worries, we are re-booking, so we will eventually be floating with Mickey and gang again!

:wave2:

Hi there. I just recently booked this sailing for myself and my son (9). If it's not too late, we would love to be added to the FE.

Look forward to catching up on all the posts and meeting you all in person.

Hello
Our family transferred over to this cruise recently.
We had been on the may 18 fantasy sailing but had to move to an earlier cruise for medical reasons. The kids (ds5 ; ds2) were looking forward to the FE (choosing what to give as well as receiving) ; we would love to join in on the FE group for this cruise as well.
We however do not have facebook accounts, is it still possible to participate or will we need to venture in t the world of FB ?
Looking forward to our first cruise

Here is the Fish Extender list so far. You can email me at Lisa@PixieandPirateDestinations.com or come join our facebook list and add yourself over there! https://www.facebook.com/groups/MickeyCruise/

8239157275_875baf1842_o.png

Hi there. I just recently booked this sailing for myself and my son (9). If it's not too late, we would love to be added to the FE.

Look forward to catching up on all the posts and meeting you all in person.
:welcome: to our group! Can't wait to meet you!
Hello
Our family transferred over to this cruise recently.
We had been on the may 18 fantasy sailing but had to move to an earlier cruise for medical reasons. The kids (ds5 ; ds2) were looking forward to the FE (choosing what to give as well as receiving) ; we would love to join in on the FE group for this cruise as well.
We however do not have facebook accounts, is it still possible to participate or will we need to venture in t the world of FB ?
Looking forward to our first cruise

:welcome:

Sorry I have been MIA...didn't get any notifications for some reason!

I can't believe we sail in 2 months from today! I am SO EXCITED! Time will really fly with all the holiday activities in between too!:yay:

Edited:Well, I must have been really excited or high on pixie dust when I posted! It is only 2 months till we sail not 3! And I'll pass on holiday cavities, but I do have lots of activities coming up! :lmao:

Just got off the Dream and put a placeholder on the Feb 3rd cruise. Waiting to see if my DH can get the week off work.

My brother and SIL have already booked for themselves and their daughter (my niece) who will be almost 2 at cruising time. So we are hoping to join them. My SIL and niece have never been on a cruise.

DH and I participated in the FE on this cruise and I'm not sure we will do it again. It was more stressful than it was worth (for us) but we still have a few weeks until the cutoff to decide if we want to do it again.

Looking forward to hopefully joining you all!

Just got off the Dream and put a placeholder on the Feb 3rd cruise. Waiting to see if my DH can get the week off work.

My brother and SIL have already booked for themselves and their daughter (my niece) who will be almost 2 at cruising time. So we are hoping to join them. My SIL and niece have never been on a cruise.

DH and I participated in the FE on this cruise and I'm not sure we will do it again. It was more stressful than it was worth (for us) but we still have a few weeks until the cutoff to decide if we want to do it again.

Looking forward to hopefully joining you all!

Hope to see you on the cruise!

Picking up my fish extender today. Can't wait to see it! I have to get started on my FE gifts for adults. Is this one that wad posted yesterday the most updated list? I need to buy material soon.

We just booked this cruise! It will be our 8th Disney Cruise and our first time on the Dream! We have two staterooms and are traveling with my wife's parents (their 5th DC). We have three kids traveling with us...

DD13
DD6
DS4

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

Hey there. I just wanted to let you know that our stateroom has changed to 5520. I updated it on the FB page as well.

56 days to go!!!

Hi Everyone! We are first time cruisers...it has taken me years to talk my husband into it. I get severe motion sickness so I am praying I will do okay. My doctor did call in some scopaline patches too. We are suprising our 5 and 11 year old daughters and not telling them we are going on the cruise until we leave Disney World on the morning of the 3rd. Any helpful hints and tips about cruising would be appreciated. What is the fish extender thing? Do you exchange gifts every day? Not sure how it works? Is it too late to sign up? Thanks and God Bless!:cheer2:

tongates2001 said:
Hi Everyone! We are first time cruisers...it has taken me years to talk my husband into it. I get severe motion sickness so I am praying I will do okay. My doctor did call in some scopaline patches too. We are suprising our 5 and 11 year old daughters and not telling them we are going on the cruise until we leave Disney World on the morning of the 3rd. Any helpful hints and tips about cruising would be appreciated. What is the fish extender thing? Do you exchange gifts every day? Not sure how it works? Is it too late to sign up? Thanks and God Bless!:cheer2:

Do you have a fb page? If you do go to Disney Dream Cruise-2/3/2013 and join. You have to let her know before 1/1/2013. . Then you can be added to the fish extender list. It is kinda like santa and stockings. You hang a pocket like thing next to your door and you get goodies in them each day. Little things like keychains, tissues, magnets or some people make things, shoes, jewelry, etc. some people brought things from where they were from (coins, pencils, stickers from their country or state). You can give something to each family member or one thing to each family, etc. I took things for each person, put in bag and delivered it one day on the ship. I have a daughter that is 10 and this is her second cruise. She found out she was flying down to Tampa to see family and go to Disney, but wont know about cruise until day of...happy surprising! Cu soon. You will all love it!

we are very excited about this cruise it will be # 42 trying to get
to 50 see you

signed up for FE new to us.

Disney cruises
12 Wonder
13 Magic
3 Fantasy
11 Dream

Thanks for responding to me Momtylerashley...sounds like your daughter and my girls are all in for a big surprise. I can't wait for them to meet....they are close in age! My 5 year old loves to tag along with her big sissy! Thanks for the info on the Fish Extenders. :beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter