2/3/13/ Dream

Wave phones are in your stateroom and are free for your use while on the ship. This way you can text and keep in touch with your family/friends since your cell phones will not work unless you are Scrooge McDuck! The roaming charges are off the charts so turn off your wifi and grab a wave phone if you need to ping someone.

However if you damage the phone, lose it or get it wet, you pay for it. I believe the cost is $250 which is why people are getting pouches/man-bags, etc. to carry them in.

The wave phones are GREAT. Of course I couldn't figure it all out until the last day of the cruise. One of our FE friends made us a pouch to put ours in and it also had a pocket for our room key. I thought about making some for my FE friends on this cruise...does anyone object????? :thumbsup2 lol I will also send some measurements of the ones that she made; just in case those don't wish to be on the FE list. It was GREAT! We clipped ours to our lanyard.
Can't wait! I just made reservations to eat at Cinderella's Castle when we get back! I'm so excited...:banana: I think I'm going to keep it a surprise from my daughter! We will see....Christmas and her birthday will look awful bear if I don't tell her before...:rotfl:

The wave phones are GREAT. Of course I couldn't figure it all out until the last day of the cruise. One of our FE friends made us a pouch to put ours in and it also had a pocket for our room key. I thought about making some for my FE friends on this cruise...does anyone object????? :thumbsup2 lol I will also send some measurements of the ones that she made; just in case those don't wish to be on the FE list. It was GREAT! We clipped ours to our lanyard.
Can't wait! I just made reservations to eat at Cinderella's Castle when we get back! I'm so excited...:banana: I think I'm going to keep it a surprise from my daughter! We will see....Christmas and her birthday will look awful bear if I don't tell her before...:rotfl:

Oh a wave phone pouch would be AWESOME!!! I was looking at some on Ebay and Etsy, but was afraid to buy it without seeing it in person.

Your daughter will be so excited to eat in the castle. If you need to tell her ahead of time, maybe do it on Christmas or her birthday, so she better understands that it is part of the gift.

I am getting so excited! 5 months and counting....

Oh a wave phone pouch would be AWESOME!!! I was looking at some on Ebay and Etsy, but was afraid to buy it without seeing it in person.

Your daughter will be so excited to eat in the castle. If you need to tell her ahead of time, maybe do it on Christmas or her birthday, so she better understands that it is part of the gift.

I am getting so excited! 5 months and counting....

Me too...I can't wait! I LOVE to travel! :love:

For those who wanted the pouch measurements for the wave phone are 4 3/8 x 3 1/4...that is the pouch that carries the phone. The whole measurement with the flap is 9 3/4. This is the FINISHED product. 3 1/2 x 3 1/4 is the pocket measurement on the front to put your room key in. This was a great FE gift. :banana:

We booked our cruise about 2 weeks ago and I cant wait, this will be my 3rd cruise with disney and I am bring my neices and nephews, it will be there first. I am trying to find out about the fish extenders for them. I already have one and I have been buying stuff already. So how do we exchange gifts? thanks for all your help.

Count me in! I didn't know what it was until our 2nd cruise and unfortunately, there weren't enough people to generate any interest for that one. I'm hoping 3rd time's the charm. :thumbsup2
Count me in to, this will be my first time with the FE, for 4 kids and I cant wait, I have already been buying. :yay:

We booked our cruise about 2 weeks ago and I cant wait, this will be my 3rd cruise with disney and I am bring my neices and nephews, it will be there first. I am trying to find out about the fish extenders for them. I already have one and I have been buying stuff already. So how do we exchange gifts? thanks for all your help.

Congrats and welcome! :thumbsup2

You exchange gifts by dropping off your gifts in other family's Fish Extenders during your own time on the cruise. In turn, everyone else participating will drop off goodies in YOUR FE holder (hung on the fish outside your room of course). It's TONS of fun because almost every time you come back to your cabin, there is usually something waiting for you in your Fish Extender :hyper:

Hi!!! Welcome to our cruise meet thread! I'm so excited you want to join our Fish Extender goft exchange too! Come join us on our FB group that Amunet shared!

:cheer2:

This will be our first family vacation! We are staying at Disney the night before the cruise and for two nights afterwards. We are going to MK for one day. We are all very excited, especially my two daughters!

:disrocks:

::MinnieMo (Me) :goofy: (DH) :tinker: (DD 7) :tinker: (DD 3)

This will be our first family cruise & we will be sharing this experience with great friends and their children too!
Our boys are so excited!!pirate:

Our youngest son needs to grow 1 more inch to meet Aqua duck height requirements... I heard they lowered it to 42" can anyone confirm?

So New Years is the confirmed cut off date for the FE ^_^

Hello Kelly! I know you and your family will have a blast :)

:cheer2:

This will be our first family vacation! We are staying at Disney the night before the cruise and for two nights afterwards. We are going to MK for one day. We are all very excited, especially my two daughters!

:disrocks:

::MinnieMo (Me) :goofy: (DH) :tinker: (DD 7) :tinker: (DD 3)
:welcome: I am getting so excited!
Bought fabric today for our fish extender! Wish I could sew!

:surfweb:
:rotfl: I can sew, but don't have a sewing machine right now.:rotfl:
This will be our first family cruise & we will be sharing this experience with great friends and their children too!
Our boys are so excited!!pirate:

Our youngest son needs to grow 1 more inch to meet Aqua duck height requirements... I heard they lowered it to 42" can anyone confirm?

Hi!! :welcome: That would be great if they changed the height. I hadn't heard anything, but then again, I haven't really looked either, as my kids are both taller anyway. Crossing my fingers for you and your son!

:cool1::cool1: Just noticed my ticker!!! 4 months, 1 week exactly!!!!:cool1::cool1: (Actually, it may really be 4 weeks 8 days...I think I may have included our night before at Disney when I made the ticker.) Still.....:yay:

hey there.. i am wondering if anyone has girls age 11-13?? My dd12 is a little nervous that she wont have fun in the kids clubs because she wont know anyone.. thought it might be fun if she could "meet" some friends before the cruise..

Hi everyone! I just booked my family on the Dream for Feb 3, 2013. I have searched and searched, and I can't find ANYONE else posting for that date! Surely we wont have the whole ship to ourselves? I would LOVE to participate in a Fish Extender, FE. It will be my oldest daughter (8) and my 2nd Disney cruise, 1st time doing FE. My husband has cruised, but not with Disney (I've been trying to stress to him how completely different the experience is with Disney). My mother in law will also be with us, and it will be her first cruise...as well as our 2 year old :) We are celebrating the baby's 2nd birthday!! We have 2 adjacent rooms, though. Didn't want to crowd everyone into one room lol (Side note: we also have 6 month old twins, but they aren't coming with us...4 girls in all!!)

Hey everyone!! Booked our cruise TODAY! I am beyond excited! It will be me, Ashley, husband Cory, Mother in Law Penny, Daughter Rachael (8) and daughter Audrey (celebrating her 2nd birthday)! We are leaving our (currently) 6 month old twin girls at home...yes you read that correctly lol. 2nd Disney cruise for me and Rachael. 2nd cruise for husband but 1st disney cruise. We definately want to participate in the FE! That will be a first for us! I'm going to join the FB group and also send an email for the FE. Will be the first time on the Dream for all of us and I just cant wait! I've been waiting for this day since I stepped off the other Disney cruise...3 years ago! :cheer2:

Hey everyone!! Booked our cruise TODAY! I am beyond excited! It will be me, Ashley, husband Cory, Mother in Law Penny, Daughter Rachael (8) and daughter Audrey (celebrating her 2nd birthday)! We are leaving our (currently) 6 month old twin girls at home...yes you read that correctly lol. 2nd Disney cruise for me and Rachael. 2nd cruise for husband but 1st disney cruise. We definately want to participate in the FE! That will be a first for us! I'm going to join the FB group and also send an email for the FE. Will be the first time on the Dream for all of us and I just cant wait! I've been waiting for this day since I stepped off the other Disney cruise...3 years ago! :cheer2:

:welcome:

Wow, it sounds like you and your family will have a blast :) And welcome back after 3 years! Disney cruises are addicting aren't they?

The FE is listed on this thread as well as in a Doc on the FB group & the cut off day is New Years ^_^

AND congratulations on your twins ^_^

Hello All! We will be taking our first cruise Feb 3rd! I was told you could chat with people going on the same one! How fun!! There will be 3 in our party DH, DS 9 and myself. We will be celebrating our son's 10th bday. His B-day is Feb 2nd. Adult pricing the very next day, LOL!! It was the only time we could go though:) Anyway, I have been busy researching online and reading Passporter. I would still like to chat with someone that has actually been on the Dream. Do you ask question on here or do people email back and forth? Can someone give me a lesson on how things are done on here?
Thanks so very much!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter