2/13 Magic -So Annoyed At Disney !

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were on the 2/14 Disney Wonder cruise. We were in Epcot on 2/13 and ran into a number of people from the delayed 2/13 Disney Magic cruise. The one family we talked to in detail about the issue were quite happy with the compensation that DCL offered.

The only real impact that the delay had on our cruise was that there were fewer DCL buses (so our bus was completely filled and we had to stop at several other resorts), and there were fewer check-in agents available at the Disney terminal, because half of the staff had been diverted over to the other terminal for the Disney Magic check-in. Our ship (the Wonder) actually departed before the Magic on 2/14.

(Both ships sounded the signature "When You Wish Upon a Star" blast on their horns as we passed them going down the channel. :thumbsup2 )

If you have not seen it yet...there is a great video of the ships doing their horn thing down the channel that cruise!!!

MJ

Goodness-took a long time to read all 7 pages and I certainly see both sides of the story as we were also on the "6" day cruise! I totally understand the disappointment of my fellow passengers and the lack of understanding from those not on board. People handle disappointment and stress in different ways-what seems like a big problem to me may seem like a non-issue to someone else. I think communication was definitely hit or miss-I kept checking out this site for updates-which helped a lot! The Radisson was kind enough to bus us to the port where the porters suggested we gather 24 hours of "stuff"-although it was initially embarrassing to gather all of my unmentionables in front of a crowd of people-I was very happy that I had done so later that night!! Over all I think they tried their best to make everyone happy. I think the lines could have been cut down by: 1)posting the hotel assignments on a wall by name and having a desk set up for those who had problems 2) organizing bus departures better-not sure how-but this was a several hour wait Sunday morning 3) and the line Sunday at the warehouse/terminal or what ever that was-wow that was a mess! Once the "voice of the monorail" guy showed up he allowed those of us who had checked in the day before at the port to board-which really helped-as my "picky" family had bypassed the stale muffins and fruit at the hotel and were starting to get the food deprivation "uglies". Once we were ushered through the garage-we were on board, eating, and enjoying the ship. Was I disappointed to not be on the ship Saturday? Sure? Was I very, very grateful to finally get on board Sunday- heck, yes!!:worship: All in all. it could have been worse-it could have been better-but it was an adventure to talk about and share with my family for years! By the way-has anyone booked on points received their refund checks yet? We did our best to spend it all on board but ran out of time and luggage space... :goodvibes

Well said, Mineu. :thumbsup2

Our party of 4 was booked on points (3 persons) and cash (1 person) and just today finally spoke to someone at DVC who explained the whole thing to me about how points were converted to cash value, and what amount of the refund belongs to what passenger. I was so happy to finally have that straight that I didn't ask when our checks would becoming. But it will be welcome whenever we get it! :banana:

Hello,
I received a email stating the check will arrive within two weeks.
I too was on the 6 day cruise. I never asked for a breakdown. I too pd for one child cash and three using points. Despite the delay we had a great time and can not wait to book again. Totally understand frustration.
Good Luck!
Tea

The way I see it, DCL was not contractually obligated to do anything. They actually did quite a bit. It's too bad that what they did is not good enough for some people who were booked on that cruise, but that's how the cookie crumbles.

My point was that if it was clear upfront that the credit was 20% AFTER $159 was deducted per person, it would have been fine. Thanks DCL for the credit. We were not told about the $159 deductions so there was NO 20% discount and it was a secret unless you did the math and asked why.

I supose you would have been happy as pie to learn you were getting 20% off only to learn that it was really 14 or 15% with no explanation. Well good for you to not mind being mislead.

This thread has run it course and seems bickering is starting again so it's being closed.

MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter