2 1/2 days...

5lilfish

DIS Veteran
We would love to go to Hawaii next year at this time. When we go, we'd really like to combine a NCL cruise and staying at Aulani. With our window, that only gives us 2 1/2 days at Aulani (starting Dec 26). Finding a travel window with my family isn't easy. We have 5 kids ranging from elementary school to 3 college kids. So the Christmas/NYE break is one of the only breaks all of my kids have in common. I say that because it isn't like we can just pick a different time to go (and will likely never get back as a full family). So this might be as good as it gets....but I also don't want it to be pointless. Can we enjoy the resort in that short of a stay. We will also have the time change to deal with (coming from the East coast)? Is it a case of something is better than nothing, or are we really better off just skipping Hawaii...hoping for another chance and looking at other options?

Thanks....
Jess

We would love to go to Hawaii next year at this time. When we go, we'd really like to combine a NCL cruise and staying at Aulani. With our window, that only gives us 2 1/2 days at Aulani (starting Dec 26). Finding a travel window with my family isn't easy. We have 5 kids ranging from elementary school to 3 college kids. So the Christmas/NYE break is one of the only breaks all of my kids have in common. I say that because it isn't like we can just pick a different time to go (and will likely never get back as a full family). So this might be as good as it gets....but I also don't want it to be pointless. Can we enjoy the resort in that short of a stay. We will also have the time change to deal with (coming from the East coast)? Is it a case of something is better than nothing, or are we really better off just skipping Hawaii...hoping for another chance and looking at other options?

Thanks....
Jess

When would you arrive at Aulani- time wise? Would it be a full 2 1/2 days?

We went in Nov and came from Toronto, Canada. We had a long travel day and arrived at the resort around 10pm (Hawaii time) The next day we were up fairly early and spent the whole day around the pool. We were tired, but had a great day! I will say though, that by 5pm we were all exhausted and in bed by 8pm. My 8yr old fell asleep at the dinner table lol

You can see and do a lot in 2 1/2 days, so I wouldn’t hesitate if you could work it into your vacation (depending on what time you would arrive at Aulani that is?)

My vote is any Hawaii is better than no Hawaii, especially Aulani! Our first day in Hawaii (our travel day) is always a short day due to time difference (east coast) but it is so nice to wake up early in beautiful Hawaii. Enjoy your trip!

When would you arrive at Aulani- time wise? Would it be a full 2 1/2 days?

We went in Nov and came from Toronto, Canada. We had a long travel day and arrived at the resort around 10pm (Hawaii time) The next day we were up fairly early and spent the whole day around the pool. We were tired, but had a great day! I will say though, that by 5pm we were all exhausted and in bed by 8pm. My 8yr old fell asleep at the dinner table lol

You can see and do a lot in 2 1/2 days, so I wouldn’t hesitate if you could work it into your vacation (depending on what time you would arrive at Aulani that is?)

Well....

I have a child that feels fairly strongly about being home for Christmas. Plus our youngest 2 will still only be 11 (twins). So, I talked to her today about maybe flying out to California mid day on Christmas...if we can get that flight time. Then we could fly from California to Hawaii the next day (the 26th) and get there in the early afternoon. If we wait to do all our flying on the 26th, we wouldn't arrive until early evening at the best, I imagine.

I think if you didn't step foot off property, you could enjoy a lot of Aulani in 2.5 days. BUT....if you're doing the NCL cruise, and don't leave Aulani, you won't see anything else on Oahu, which I think is a shame. We loved all the islands, but Oahu has a lot to offer. (Diamond Head, Hanauma Bay, the north shore, Kualoa Ranch, Kailua, etc. are all wonderful; HB was in my top three faves from our whole trip.) But if you leave Aulani at all in 2.5 days, you'll miss it too. If you think you'll never go back, I'd try for a time where you can stay longer and enjoy Oahu too. But if you think it's now or never, three islands plus Aulani are better than none!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter