2/02/2013 5 - Night Bahamian Cruise, Miami FL on Wonder

You guys are so lucky, being first generation immigrants to Canada (from Peru, 14 years ago) we have no family around so we haven't traveled by ourselves since DS was born, almost 8 years ago. That is why we are so exited to go on this cruise, when the kids are in the club it will be the closest we have been to vacationing as a couple in 8 years

Well this is a good Start !!!! The kids will love the clubs !!! Encourage the clubs !!! Do you have early or late dinning ? Enjoy some shows. Or sneak back and take a nap by the pool !!!

Nannylisad said:
Well this is a good Start !!!! The kids will love the clubs !!! Encourage the clubs !!! Do you have early or late dinning ? Enjoy some shows. Or sneak back and take a nap by the pool !!!

Oh. the clubs are all I talk about to them, I hope they live up to the expectations I have created!!! LOL!!
We have late dinning, coming from MST our bodies will feel we are always 2 hours earlier, so we will enjoy all the late activities.
We are dinning at Palo on Tuesday at 6:00pm. And after run to pick up the kids and take them to dinner. We don't want to miss out on any one of the nice restaurants. We will mis the show that night though, I guess I'll have to see my rotation first and see if the restaurant of that night will be repeated any other night, and decide which to miss, the restaurant or the show...

Oh. the clubs are all I talk about to them, I hope they live up to the expectations I have created!!! LOL!!
We have late dinning, coming from MST our bodies will feel we are always 2 hours earlier, so we will enjoy all the late activities.
We are dinning at Palo on Tuesday at 6:00pm. And after run to pick up the kids and take them to dinner. We don't want to miss out on any one of the nice restaurants. We will mis the show that night though, I guess I'll have to see my rotation first and see if the restaurant of that night will be repeated any other night, and decide which to miss, the restaurant or the show...

Why are u missing the show ?

As far as I know each night there is a different show presented at 2 times 6:30pm and 8:30pm. On Tuesday we are going to Palo at 6:00pm and then I would like to pick up the kids from the club to take them to our second seating dinner at the restaurant assigned by our rotation which is at 8:15pm. So I will miss both show times. My only hope is that the restaurant for that night will repeat another night, then I can grab a snack for the kids, take them to the show and later grab an extra late dinner for them at the snack bar.
We'll see...

We usually did late dining as well, but not this trip because of the baby. I don't want to push him and make dinner miserable for those around us and ourselves. DH and I did a Palo brunch because we told the kids they have to be with us for breakfast and dinner. After breakfast I will be fine if I don't see them again until dinner. This is their vacation too.
After the cruise we are headed to Orlando for 3 days at the parks. I will be so thankful when next Friday comes!!!!!!

Nice !!! Good plan. As a mom and past professional nanny ( 20 years ) I so get the AVOID all melt downs at any coast !! Lol

So do they check ages or anything when you go to the Excursions or are the listed ages just a guideline? DS will only be 4 which basically rules out everything at Castaway. However at the "5 & Up" level are the stingray one and other things as well.

So do they check ages or anything when you go to the Excursions or are the listed ages just a guideline? DS will only be 4 which basically rules out everything at Castaway. However at the "5 & Up" level are the stingray one and other things as well.

I don't know to be honest. My youngest is 9 so it was never an issue. Is he a tall 4... Maybe ... You can wing it :0)

shillee said:
Hi all,

Wanted to get a thread started for this cruise. We just moved from the Magic to this cruise instead.

It will be me, DH, DD (5 when we cruise) and DD (3 when we cruise).

We will also be doing a B2B with the Feb. 7, 4 night after this one!

Hi Shilleee.

A few us us that are not as lucky as you are wondering if MAYBE you could pick us up the special cruise pin being released 2/7. I don't know if the shops will be open when we get home.
Let me know if you think you can help out :0)

Hi Shilleee.

A few us us that are not as lucky as you are wondering if MAYBE you could pick us up the special cruise pin being released 2/7. I don't know if the shops will be open when we get home.
Let me know if you think you can help out :0)

Hi,
Sure...did you want to do a prepackaged envelope with postage on it and then just leave money for me? I could buy them and drop them into the ships mail. You could either drop off the envelope & money to my room or leave it for me at guest services.

We are in two rooms - 2579&2581. We have the same rooms for both of the cruises (opted for double the space instead of a verandah).

Let me know what works for you. DH is contemplating buying internet while on board but not sure about that. He did last time and used up the package he bought WAY too fast!!!

Hi,
Sure...did you want to do a prepackaged envelope with postage on it and then just leave money for me? I could buy them and drop them into the ships mail. You could either drop off the envelope & money to my room or leave it for me at guest services.

We are in two rooms - 2579&2581. We have the same rooms for both of the cruises (opted for double the space instead of a verandah).

Let me know what works for you. DH is contemplating buying internet while on board but not sure about that. He did last time and used up the package he bought WAY too fast!!!

Ok that's perfect !!! I will leave it at GS. So no chance it will get stolen. I wonder how much the pins will be ? I will figure it out and leave you a pre paid addressed envelope-- thanks so much
Elizabeth

shillee said:
Hi,

Ok I got the priority mail envelop stamped and ready to go. On the ship I will enclose the $ and leave it in GS on day two. The envelop is self addressed and pre- paid at a flat rate.
Thank you so much for your help :0)
Elizabeth.

Ok I got the priority mail envelop stamped and ready to go. On the ship I will enclose the $ and leave it in GS on day two. The envelop is self addressed and pre- paid at a flat rate.
Elizabeth.

What kind of envelope are you using (size?) and how much postage are you putting on it. I was thinking of just doing a padded small envelope, but no idea how much to put on it.

Colleen

What kind of envelope are you using (size?) and how much postage are you putting on it. I was thinking of just doing a padded small envelope, but no idea how much to put on it.

Colleen
I just the Flat rate mailing Envelope + a small padded one for inside. ( no pokes ) it was under $6.00 for postage on the Priority envelope.*
Do you how much the pins will be ?*

Elizabeth.

Sounds good Elizabeth!

I would think that the store would have an idea on pricing for the pins.

Also, is this a special pin just for this cruise? I am not a pin person so how will I know which one it will be?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter