1st with 7yr. DGD

Mate

Earning My Ears
She will arrive at 4:00. I need some advice on what to do that 1st evening that will be enchanting but not very tiring?? We want to make a RD or 8:00 ADR the next morning.Thanks -mate

Where are you staying?

If you are staying at a resort with a resturant, I would do that. if she gets in at 4:00 I always tack on an hour to get to the resort from the airport, that makes 5:00 and to have an ADR might be a lot of rushing around...

Hanging out and exploring the resort...pool etc. would be fun and relaxing so that you will all be ready for a full day at the parks in the AM...

Then you can book an ADR for a park resturant at 8:00....Cinderella Breakfast, Askerhaus (EPCOT)Tusker House (AK) all good choices.

Enjoy a magical trip!

We like doing the hoop de doo revue first night. You eat, sit and watch show in air conditioned room. If you are real lucky dgd will be asked to be in show like our dd was.

Oh!!! I do look forward to being able to say.... taking our grandkids to WDW!!! Someday.... Anyway, maybe DTD or Boardwalk? You are on the right track, keep it low key so she'll be up and ready for a character breakfast. Have a great time!! Don't spoil her TOO much!

Our first evening, if we are not staying at the POLY, we go there and check out that resort and them take the monorail to the other resorts on it's path. Along the way, taking in the MK and all of the activity on the water just sets the tone for the days to come. Someone said, "don't spoil her"!!!!!, what else are grandmas for????? Have a wonderful time...my granddaughter is only 1 and I have a fund started for when I get to take her for her first time. Hope you make a lot of wonderful memories.

Perhaps a character dinner? For our first trip, we had dinner at 1900 Park Fare. The character interaction was great and sparked that magical feeling for our DD5 and DD7.

I like Chef Mickey's for the first night. It's perfect for kids you DGD age and she will start her trip out with a few classic autographs!

Edited to add that whatever you plan for her first night you may want to keep it a secret. If her plane is delayed and she arrives later and you have to cancel a reservation she may start her trip disappointed! You can fill her in on the evenings plans when she arrives. Just my 2 cents!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter