• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st week of Oct Crowds

HatboxHaint

GrimGrinningGhost
Worried about the crowds especially at MK the 1st week of October, even more so since WDW change MK hours from 8AM-11pm recently. :scared::scared::scared:

So will 1st week of October be crazy crowded due to:
1. Fall Break Crowds
2. MSEP leaving
3. Other?

Or will it be not so bad or offset due to:
1. General down trend in attendance
2. Zika Virus worries
3. Other?

We have gone around that time (usually end of Sept going in to Oct) and it's been dead (by Disney standards). Hopefully everyone will be at F&W so MK will be less crowded. We've never waited long in bag check lines and even went on some "E ticket" rides without FPs where we waited less than a half hour (Splash and BTMRR). But we only went on weekdays not on weekends.

We have been that week that past few years- the (week where the tail end is Columbus Day weekend). I would call it moderate crowds. Prior to that we had gone the week after Thanksgiving for a few years and October is definitely more crowded than that week. Our friends have gone the week before that for the last few years, as their district has fall break the last week of September instead of the first week of October, and it always seems like their week is very low crowds- much lower than our week. Before FP+, even that week we were walking on things like Small World and POTC, but since FP+ we have found the lines for those to be half an hour in the afternoons (sometimes 45 minutes for POTC). Since FP+, we have even found the line for Figment at half an hour in the afternoons that week-- but it is Food and Wine which makes EPCOT in general a little more crowded.

There's a fifth! But we're only staying 9/30-10/3, so we won't take up any of your park space for the second half of the week! ;)

We will also be there! Sept 28th through October 8th...there are 5 of us. I'm hoping for moderate, not heavy, crowds. I'm prepared for full out spring break crowds though.

We've gone the same time frame for over a decade (first & 2nd week of Oct).

Overall, it has gotten a bit busier each year. Since the race was moved, not as bad the beginning of the month, at one point years back was told they gave participants free MNSSHP tix for first Sunday. For awhile thought to change our dates. No longer an issue, phew.

I try to avoid Epcot F&W on weekends, it's very busy, especially on Saturdays

On MNSSHP nights MK seems to be less crowded early on until 2 or 3 pm. Believe many without party tix tend to avoid due to shorter park hours.

Crowds pick up on Thursday and taper off the Tuesday after Columbus Day.

I'd call it overall moderate-heavy but def doable with planning and a great time to visit!

Add us to the families with whom you'll be sharing your space. No worries, we don't bite. We'll be there October 5-10. I think the first few days will be fine, but Friday through Columbus Day will be crazy.

Sept. 29th-Oct. 9th for us. With the added park hours I'd assume a bit heavier crowds. Otherwise why would Disney extend hours? Touring Plans also revised their projections for higher crowds. Still, it shouldn't be too bad.

My concern is whether or not it will be intense searing heat/humidity 1st week of Oct. We went 1st week of Sept. a few years ago and it was intense and we're from AZ so used to heat but WDW was worse!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter