1st week of December 2013 Support Group

We will be disappointed if no discount for our trip but still plan on going and keeping our Adds as this is going to be our Christmas celebration instead of gifts

I haven't seen Black post any release dates for 2014, so I have no idea what that is supposed to mean. :confused3 As for people changing their dates based on the rumor, Black has said multiple times that nothing should be changed or counted as fact until the official release. He is just here to help people. He posted the last deal's details before Danny did (which is likely the reason Danny left us), so this is not his first prediction without Danny's help. If Danny chose to leave this site forever, it is by his own choice. Black has very nicely offered any information he can find, and I, and a lot of other people, are grateful that he has done so. BTW, Danny has gotten things wrong. He said the LM rooms would be included in the current FD offer, but they weren't. I wish Danny would come back because he seemed like a good guy until he went off on people for stealing his thunder. :sad2:

To get back to the thread topic, I sincerely hope that everyone in this thread can get some type of discount on their trip. I know how much some of you were hoping for FD. Good luck! :goodvibes

ETA: 2014 rate release dates were being falsely indicated by several planning websites. To my knowledge, he never said it was confirmed. Lots of sites had that rumor in print, so not sure you can fault him for that. :goodvibes

I don't have a problem with Black on a personal level. I don't even take a real position on the Danny-Black-Pluto showdown, which left everyone looking badly. But there is a difference between Danny's information (with the sole exception of the LM rooms) which has always been accurate and provided in much more explicit detail as he mentioned getting it internally direct from Disney (I assume as a CM) and from regurgitated internet rumours. I'm not faulting anyone - I'm just saying there have been predictions made that haven't come true. And I'm glad the PP mentioned that none of her changes are irreversible, because my only concern was people getting their hopes up and making decisions about vacations that cost thousands of dollars, or losing sleep and crying their hearts out, over something that might not be 100%.

Black seems like a very nice guy who honestly wants to help. But I don't know how helpful it is to pose like a Disney-insider discount-guru if you're not hearing the info direct from Disney.

Have a magical day! :goodvibes

I'm getting a little concerned our week might be busier than expected.

I'm already booked at POFQ but with rumors of a potential room only discount the 1st week of December I've been looking at the other moderates and the deluxe resorts availability and I'm a little concerned by how many of the resort appear more or less sold out that week.

CBR - All rooms types still available.
POFQ - No rooms of any type available.
CSR - All room types still available.
POR - No regular rooms available, only royal rooms.

AKL - All rooms types still available.
WL - All rooms types still available.
Con - Standard, Garden, Deluxe, and Bay Lake not available, only Theme Park View.
YC - Standard and garden not available, only pool view and club.
BW - All rooms types still available.
Poly - All rooms types still available.
BC - Standard and garden not available, only pool view.
GF - All rooms types still available.

Is this normal for December and I'm just reading to much into some of the resorts not having any availability or is this a bad sign of crowds?

I think alot of people may cancel or change dates so rooms may come available. Never count on a discount when planning but think of it a gift if you get one. I hope crowds won't be too bad.

I'm already booked at POFQ but with rumors of a potential room only discount the 1st week of December I've been looking at the other moderates and the deluxe resorts availability and I'm a little concerned by how many of the resort appear more or less sold out that week.

Con - Standard, Garden, Deluxe, and Bay Lake not available, only Theme Park View.

Is this normal for December and I'm just reading to much into some of the resorts not having any availability or is this a bad sign of crowds?

I think having Thanksgiving on Nov 28th is adding to the problem of resorts filling up. There are a lot of people booking this first week. It seems like half or more of the people who post on the December threads are going this first week of December. The parks usually clear out right after Thanksgiving, but I really don't think it is going to happen this year. If I wasn't getting a bounce back discount, I might consider booking the second week of December. It seems less crowded.

I don't know if it is a glitch or not, but I just check for 12/4-12/8 and there is not one single room available on property for those dates. I checked every resort and each and every one said there were no rooms available. :confused3

I don't know if it is a glitch or not, but I just check for 12/4-12/8 and there is not one single room available on property for those dates. I checked every resort and each and every one said there were no rooms available. :confused3

I've seen some people mention the same thing but for different dates in another thread. Sounds like it may be a glitch - they could possibly be updating the system for the upcoming offers.

GFV and BLT have been booked solid for months. I'm honestly losing the excitement about this trip.

They are both booked for the second week as well.

We had booked our February 2013 trip last July hoping that we would get free dining. After all, that period had free dining in 2011 and 2012. There had been a lot of history to back up the expected discounts. So when the actual discounts were either a room only discount or the stay, play and dine plan, we were disappointed. But we had also been aware that we might not get free dining. It didn't change our plans since we booked during the value season and got our rooms at the lowest rack rate of the year. And the discounts that were offered came within a few hundred dollars of what free dining would have been.

So I understand the disappointment and the chance you take when booking a reservation. But I also know that there are ways to make it all work out, too. And Disney updates their discounts all the time. Last year they added a few extra days to the Dec free dining discount. So it is really too early to throw in the towel.

I am hoping for some sort of discount for the first week in February, the last week of the value season, I believe. Do you know if they usually have discounts then?

I too have become very concerned with the first week of December! I haven't checked resort availability but ADRs have been difficult!!! Maybe a lot of people made ADRs in hopes of FD & that's why there is limited availability???

I am hoping for some sort of discount for the first week in February, the last week of the value season, I believe. Do you know if they usually have discounts then?

We went the first full week of February this past year and they had a room only discount and the stay, play and dine plan. It is a time of year that is usually discounted. :goodvibes

I dont know who Danny or Black are but we need that RO discount! We are booked for the first week in a WLV 1 Bed. $5k plus airfare is getting hard to swallow. Crossing fingers but the reality is if one comes out I am going to get the old "we dont have a room available"

My guess (and that's all it is) is that many people
Booked with the hopes of free dining or a room discount and will be switching dates. It seemed that many people were quite certain free dining would be offered the first week of December.

Another thing is that we like to do vacations around a holiday to get those few extra days of travel time that doesn't use up vacation days. We plan on driving down to Orlando the day after thanksgiving since DH is off work that Thursday and Friday for the holiday so that's two extra vacation days from work saved for a long weekend or something down the road.

My guess (and that's all it is) is that many people
Booked with the hopes of free dining or a room discount and will be switching dates. It seemed that many people were quite certain free dining would be offered the first week of December.

Another thing is that we like to do vacations around a holiday to get those few extra days of travel time that doesn't use up vacation days. We plan on driving down to Orlando the day after thanksgiving since DH is off work that Thursday and Friday for the holiday so that's two extra vacation days from work saved for a long weekend or something down the road.

I think you may be right, because the last time I checked, almost everything was available for our 10 days, even AOA Little Mermaid and Finding Nemo rooms, which I heard usually fill up first.

Guys, there is new hope!!! :cool1: New information has been posted about a RO discount that may include our dates!! Fingers crossed for everyone!! :yay:

Could you share, Pretty Please!!!

NVM I found it!

I'll post it anyway...this is from 'black' and it's posted on another thread

Ok guys, here's some info.

The Room Only Discounts will run from September 29th until December 23rd, with blackouts during Thanksgiving week (Nov 23-29).

This could be available for booking August 1, with Visa holders getting in on July 29.

The Discounts vary depending on resort, and should be along the lines of the following (note: these are fluid and can fluctuate slightly after release):

Value Resorts = up to 25%
Moderate Resorts = up to 30%
Deluxe Resorts and Deluxe Villa Resorts = up to 35%

These percentages can vary by room type and availability. For example, Resorts such as French Quarter and Art of Animation are likely be less. It's just too detailed to list each specific at this time, as even rooms in the same resort can have different discounts. So the percentages above should be read as a maximum percentage off, since some room types are lower.

As usual, some rooms, such as Little Mermaid rooms and Campsites, are excluded.

A word of thanks as well to Dave at **************. He and I have had continued discussions on this topic for some time and shared much insight on the Free Dining and Room Discount promotions both in September and beyond.

I think the RO discount will save us around $500. While that's not the $1300 the free dinning would have saved us I'll still be happy with a $500 savings. Come on Monday!!! (Pretty sure this is the first time I've ever said that, lol.)

Guys, there is new hope!!! :cool1: New information has been posted about a RO discount that may include our dates!! Fingers crossed for everyone!! :yay:

This is great news but also frustrating, what to do? :confused3

A) Take the small discount or no discount and keep my already booked room at POFQ since I am really excited to stay there.
B) Move to a different mod resort and save $60-$80 a night, enough to pay for all my food and souvenirs.
C) Stay at the Beach Club for $60-80 a night more, I spend more money but the BC looks stunning and is walking distance to 2 of the 4 resorts.

I can't decide what to do! :scratchin

I have a DV so I only have a few days before Monday to make a decision.

Anyone else driving themselves crazy trying to decide what to do?

I'll post it anyway...this is from 'black' and it's posted on another thread

Ok guys, here's some info.

The Room Only Discounts will run from September 29th until December 23rd, with blackouts during Thanksgiving week (Nov 23-29).

This could be available for booking August 1, with Visa holders getting in on July 29.

The Discounts vary depending on resort, and should be along the lines of the following (note: these are fluid and can fluctuate slightly after release):

Value Resorts = up to 25%
Moderate Resorts = up to 30%
Deluxe Resorts and Deluxe Villa Resorts = up to 35%

These percentages can vary by room type and availability. For example, Resorts such as French Quarter and Art of Animation are likely be less. It's just too detailed to list each specific at this time, as even rooms in the same resort can have different discounts. So the percentages above should be read as a maximum percentage off, since some room types are lower.

As usual, some rooms, such as Little Mermaid rooms and Campsites, are excluded.

A word of thanks as well to Dave at **************. He and I have had continued discussions on this topic for some time and shared much insight on the Free Dining and Room Discount promotions both in September and beyond.

Very nice of you to post this, Ana~n~Joseph, that's exciting!

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter