1st Visit to Vero Beach- any suggestions

tchrrx

<font color=red>Blame it on the plastic cow I ment
In less than a month, we will be visiting VB for three nights. I am generally a major over-planner, but I have done nothing for this trip. Is there anything that I should know before we go? Thanks!

In less than a month, we will be visiting VB for three nights. I am generally a major over-planner, but I have done nothing for this trip. Is there anything that I should know before we go? Thanks!

Plan on relaxing, Vero is very different compared to other DVC resorts. Very little to plan around, not remotely has many activities as other resorts, and no park to run off to.

Us and our kids love it.

We leave next week for Vero for our first stay. The only thing we did was make a dinner reservation for Shutters for Thursday night seafood buffet. We are traveling with our granddaughters (8 and 5) and wanted to make sure we got an earlier seating.

We leave next week for Vero for our first stay. The only thing we did was make a dinner reservation for Shutters for Thursday night seafood buffet. We are traveling with our granddaughters (8 and 5) and wanted to make sure we got an earlier seating.

On Sat. mornings Shutters has the Character Breakfast with Goofy and Donald. Food's pretty good, served family style...fruit, juice, pastries, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and breakfast potatoes. Ask to sit on the porch it's quieter and has a better view.

On Sat. mornings Shutters has the Character Breakfast with Goofy and Donald. Food's pretty good, served family style...fruit, juice, pastries, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and breakfast potatoes. Ask to sit on the porch it's quieter and has a better view.

Thanks for the tip. We will look into it.

All the food places take the TIW card. The Green Cabin Room is really nice. There is nothing nearby. You have to drive off the island to get to anything...grocery (12-15 minute drive). We ate at Fishack (not too far from the grocery) and it was really good. We also ate at Shutters and it was good too. We did one of those airboat swamp tours and really enjoyed it. It was about 45 minutes away though. Take some good sunblock as the sun is really strong and you might not realize with the nice breeze. Maybe take some aloe vera gel/spray...just in case. And if you will be using the pool, get to the pool early to get chairs...folks go out and leave bags/towels on tables and lounge chairs to save both spots for later. They have yummy dole whips at the poolside food counter and really good food there.

If you haven't already, you should definitely check the Vero Beach Adoration thread. It is a great resource for information about the resort and surrounding area.

VB and HHI have many more planned activities than the WDW resorts. I assume it is to make up for no parks to go to. Not sure what activities are available for a new teen. but I know they have them. Go to the VB thread http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3021104 and you will find activity sheets from a few years ago. Not what is happening now, but an idea of what they do (look in the document scans section).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter