1st Trip to WDW

1stWDWtrip2006

Earning My Ears
We are going in May for our first trip to the world. :Pinkbounc :banana: We are a couple in our mid 30s with no kids. Not on the dining plan and staying off property.

Here's where we have planned so far:

Animal Kingdom
Lunch - Tusker house - good?
Dinner - Rainforest Cafe @ 5pm

Epcot
Lunch - Teppenyaki @ 12pm
Dinner - Chefs de France @ 7pm

Magic Kingdom
Lunch - Counter service - any recommendations?
Dinner - Crystal Palace @ 5pm

Any suggestions or thoughts?

We like Pecos Bills for CS lunch @ MK. Good burgers with a hot fixins bar. Do you love the Pooh characters? If so CP is a great choice. Otherwise, you may consider taking the monorail over to the Poly and doing Ohana's.

Then go for it! The best advice I can give is to eat lunch early, esp with the counter service places. We've only been to the AK once and we did Flame Tree BBQ @ lunch. It was OK, but I want to try Tusker House too. Give us a review when you get home. Have fun!

I would suggest skip RFC and try to get into Boma's at AKL. RFC is just a chain restaurant and not Disney.

At MK rather than Counter Service you might try the Plaza Restaurant. It is primarily sandwiches. Here is the menu to look at.

One non-dining thing. This trip will give you an idea of what you want to do on your next trip.

Not to be promoting my country for just that, I am planning at eating at Le Cellier at Epcot with my two chidren. They love steak and all the reviews I have read rave about the cheddar cheese soup appetizer, which my son just plain loves cheddar cheese soup. I understand they have a lovely creme brulee for dessert, which is a favourite of my daughter. The reviews I have read are very favourable, and we're, lol, all kind of nice people, so, if you have the time, I think it might be a nice dinner, or lunch. Anyway, have a fabulous time, it's disney after all, and you can't miss with that.
best to you,
donna

We really wanted to do Le Cellier but unfortunately they were completely booked for when we will be there! :sad1:

1stWDWtrip2006 said:
We really wanted to do Le Cellier but unfortunately they were completely booked for when we will be there! :sad1:
I,m sure you will have a lovely time wherever you go. We are booked into the Crystal Palace for dinner on our last night there. We have never had dinner there before, but it is a very beautiful looking building, and the children are looking forward to it. I understand, and hope it is true, that the Magic Kingdom in open late that night. I would love to see Tinkerbelle there with the fireworks. Have a fabulous time!
donna

In the MK I would agree with Pecos Bill or the Columbia Harbour House. If you go to CHH then take your food upstairs and you can find a quiet beautiful space in a cul de sac by a window. It's so nice there you may spend some good relaxing time there! CHH has different food than Pecos Bill such as Fish and chips, veggie chile, a hummus wrap etc.

Alan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter