1st Trip to WDW for Kids Looking for good Strategy!

You will be experiencing something most of us on disboards can never experience again - our 'first' time at disney. Don't ruin it by rushing around. Take your time and take in all that you see...

more said in few words than all my ramblings on...well said.

Wow that is awesome information. Just the stuff I was looking for.

No we are not staying on site. So does this mean that we should avoid the parks on the days with extra Mickey Hours?

Hi,
yes, avoid the parks on the days of their EMH, but remember, go to the park when it opens on the day AFTER it had a late night. Much less crowded.

FASTPASS!

Believe me on this one..get there 30 min before opening,,,.do the big ticket rides as soon as you get there, once you have done these, around lunch , you will have the ENTIRE rest of the day to wander around and take it all in.

It does feel a bit like you are really moving quickly, but you aren't missing anything....it will all still be right there.

Plan to stay all day till closing, do the cool rides( ie slow, long and cool) in the afternoon, or take the monorail around to the hotels, we LOVE doing this( we slide in a nice adult beverage while the kids get a coke and grab a pin or something at the hotel gift shop) a couple of hours out of the park, back in for dinner or eat at one of the hotels, and you will feel rebooted for the evening parade, fireworks and rides.

also, if the park is open late, 11 or 12 , most people leave after the fireworks, ride waits really slow down.

Check the opening and closing hours!!!!!
watch weather forecast while you are sipping your drink at the poly....

ps..only you know your kids, if you think this is too scheduled for them, you could just take each land one at a time, take each ride as it comes, and stand in line playing word games...kids are different ..

but if you want to stand in very short waits, ride several times, and do a lot more things, then you have to have a plan. but I know lots of people who would rather take it slowly, stand in line and not feel rushed, they would rather go at a different pace.

you have to do what is right for YOUR family!
are you going this month or next June

Wow that is awesome information. Just the stuff I was looking for.

No we are not staying on site. So does this mean that we should avoid the parks on the days with extra Mickey Hours?

YES!!!! These will be the busiest parks and you'll get in behind all of the resort guests if you go there. Avoid these parks like the plague! I tend to avoid most of them even when I am staying onsite. If you sign up for TGM or UG, you will find that they don't recommend the EMHs either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter