1st Trip to DL , military ticket question !

WDWRookie2009

Mouseketeer
Hello !

This is our very first trip to Disneyland and we just got 12 tickets (2 military families) through our local ITR office. We were told we take the paper tickets directly to the turnstable, however I thought we had to activate them? I am a bit confused. I wanted to make rope drop the day we arrive (June 11th) but don't know how that will be possible if we all must be together the first time we use them? Do we have to wait for the whole party to arrive before we can enter the gates for the first time?

Thanks in advance for any information ! :goodvibes

They will take the paper printouts with bar codes at the turnstiles and give you a "real" ticket that works for park entry and fastpass. You shouldn't all have to enter at the same time, but to be safe there should be at least one person with a military ID with each group. They rarely ask to see the ID, but they have the right to do so.

Thanks for the quick reply ! There will be a rock paper scissor session going on tonight to find out which one of us lucky ID holders will stay behind and wait for others ! :darth:

Well you can all go to the park and then have the late comers call you to meet them at the gate when they arrive or if they have a problem using their tickets.

If you get to the area early, it may be worth it to do the swap (paper for ticket) the day/evening before. That way, you are ahead int he morning and can distribute the tickets before showtime.

If you get to the area early, it may be worth it to do the swap (paper for ticket) the day/evening before. That way, you are ahead int he morning and can distribute the tickets before showtime.

There's really no reason to do this. The swap takes place right at the park entrance turnstiles (no need to go anywhere else) and takes literally a couple of seconds.
The only reason I can see to do the swap ahead of time is to possibly avoid having an ID-holding person with each separate group, but even then, the "real" tickets state that they are military and an ID could still be requested upon entry.

I have a Military ticket question to add on, if that's all right. Can you purchase the Military 3-Day hopper directly at the park/ticket booths? I had read on another site that you could, but see nothing specific on the DLR site. Thanks!

-MM

I have a Military ticket question to add on, if that's all right. Can you purchase the Military 3-Day hopper directly at the park/ticket booths? I had read on another site that you could, but see nothing specific on the DLR site. Thanks!

-MM

yes you can:goodvibes

Yay! Thank you! I wanted to be extra sure and got a little doubtful feeling after not seeing it on the main promotion site! Muchly appreciated.

-MM

Thank you all for your tips and advice, we are going to be having dinner and walking around downtown Disney the night of the 10th. Could we do the swap then? I guess my big thing is we have some people that are not early birds and I don't know if they will wake up in time. All of us with the ID's are early birds and want to be there an hour before park opening. (Which I hope is enough time ) .

-MM

Hi everyone!

I called Disney ticketing today to make sure of this. I have an AP, but a friend decided to join me next week and she will be getting the 3 day military hopper. We could have stopped at Travis or Beale on the way down (we're National Guard, don't live on an installation), but either one would add 2 hours to our already 8 hour drive. The CM said that it's not advertised, and don't be discouraged when you don't see it on the marquis, just ask, they have them. Such a relief to not have to make that stop on the drive down.

I was going down for the Veteran's Job Expo, but I got a great job offer that should be starting by the 1st of June, since I already had the room reserved I figured I shouldn't waste it! Can't wait!

Hi everyone!

I called Disney ticketing today to make sure of this. I have an AP, but a friend decided to join me next week and she will be getting the 3 day military hopper. We could have stopped at Travis or Beale on the way down (we're National Guard, don't live on an installation), but either one would add 2 hours to our already 8 hour drive. The CM said that it's not advertised, and don't be discouraged when you don't see it on the marquis, just ask, they have them. Such a relief to not have to make that stop on the drive down.

I was going down for the Veteran's Job Expo, but I got a great job offer that should be starting by the 1st of June, since I already had the room reserved I figured I shouldn't waste it! Can't wait!

i said you could get them there...I wouldnt have said it if I wasnt for sure;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter