1st Trip (of many!) as Mr. & Mrs.--the TR-- UPDATE 9/9: Life Update--We're Moving!!

I loved the update. Sounds like you guys have had a great time so far. I loved all the girly pics from Beauty and the Beast. Toy Story Mania is so fun and it works so much better when you spaz out like you did the second time. Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Holy cow that was a long update! I hope I can remember everything I wanted to comment on LOL

We loveeee TOT too! Funny because Chris and I rode in the same seats you and Michael did when we were there in April!

That sandwich at Starring Rolls looks so good but that is SOO much ham on there! I can see why you were so full. :laughing:

Beauty and the Beast is my favoriteeeeee! :love: Thanks for posting all those pictures, its totally my fave Disney movie :thumbsup2

Star Tours definitely does need an update because it made me queasy too. The Backlot Tour is one we need to try though, I think I went on it when I was a kid when it was cooler but not since then LOL

You guys got so much done so far I can't wait to hear the rest and your "first timer" experience :)

WOWZA!!! What an update!!! Thank you so much for getting us through your day. It was so wonderful :)

Again, loving toy stroy...even more excited to try it :cool1:

I can not get enough Beauty and the Beast. Dont you feel like you paid $100 a ticket? It is top notch...thanks for the pics!

Your photopass picture made me crack up!!! NO Mickey! That sounds like something that would happen to me. BUT, good improvising :)

Can't wait to hear where you ate that was sooo wonderful??:confused3

Yay for the super long update! I loved all of the Beauty and the Beast pictures. It's my favorite movie but I've never watched the show there. I didn't realize it was only 15 minutes? I love all the songs! You got some great pictures on ToT. I love all the different effects you have done with the pics. That's awesome that Michael got picked to be in the indy show. How fun! I have to say that the cupcake and that fruit tart looked amazing. We never ate there for lunch but we got breakfast pastries there one morning. So good. i loved the chocolate croissant. If only it hadn't been so hot, I wouldn't have had a melting chocolate problem. Great update! It looks like it would be so much fun to do the parks with you guys!

I love your extra-special, extra-long update! The pictures from BaTB are so beautiful! I can't believe in all of my trips to WDW, I've never seen that show!!! GASP! I remember when I was younger, we got seats to the show, but my dad and I got up before it started because we were too hot (I'm pretty sure the seats were open to the elements before). On our 2 trips this year, Madison didn't want to see it which really bummed me out. Someday, we will make her sit and watch it. :rotfl:

How awesome that Michael got picked to be in the Indy show. I think that would be so much fun! I hope that he enjoyed himself. All of your photopass pics turned out amazing as usual. I can't wait to read more!

Woo Hoo!! Mega-update! Loved the pics...especially B&tB - that show is one of my favorites too. :goodvibes I had never seen the bench photopass before...that's too bad they didn't put Mickey in. You guys look so perfectly posed too!

And oh my goodness -- that sandwich and cupcake and fruit tart from Starring Rolls all looked ah-maz-ing. I want one for lunch now. lol ;)

Wow, that was quite an update!!

How great is ToT? That is one of my favorite rides of all time.

Bummer that she left Mickey out of your picture! But you managed to get him in there anyway. :rotfl:

I love the B&tB show! We saw it on a trip a couple years ago and I was really impressed. Am I the only one who thinks the prince looked better as Beast in the movie than as a human? I never knew his name was Adam! How does Kimmy know these things?

So cool that Michael got picked for the Indy show! He looks like he was having a blast.

I'm not a big fan of the Backlot Tour anymore. I hold a grudge against them because they did away with the Golden Girls house. Grrr.

Can't wait to read more!

I just LOVED ToT! Yeah...we kept waiting for him to appear, but he never did. Oh well--we fixed that! :upsidedow I agree--he just seems more natural as a Beast. Kimmy would probably argue with us though! I'm not for the long sandy blond hair and frills. He was. He loved it! But he's not going to try to get picked next time so he can just enjoy the show. AW! I wish I could have seen the Backlot Tour before they changed things!! It sounds like it was so much better!

Heh, the date on these Fast Passes is my birthday! :)
I was at work....you were on Toy Story....
Do you feel guilty now?
Do ya?:rolleyes:

Happy late birthday! Um...I'm gonna have to say not really. :laughing: You should have just come along!

Wow, you've been busy! Great updates! Is RNRC the first-time experience?

Thanks! Hm...you'll just have to see! ;)

I am really enjoying your trip report!! What a great way to spend a honeymoon. Can't wait to read more of your report!!

Melissa

Thank you so much! :) We liked going after we'd been married for a while since all of the stress of the wedding was long gone! It worked out really well for us! I'll have more soon!

Yay for Louisiana people!! Unfortunately, it wasn't me & DH though. :laughing:

How cool that he was picked to be in the Indy show! I'm always so scared of being picked...I have major performance anxiety! I don't even like to let DH volunteer because I'm afraid they'll pick me for being next to him!

Your Beauty & the Beast shots are great. I love that movie too! The songs are my favorite of all Disney movies after The Little Mermaid.

Looks like a fun DHS day! :thumbsup2

I know--to bad it wasn't yall! He LOVES being picked for stuff! I don't. Haha. That's so funny that you don't even let your DH volunteer :laughing: Thanks! I loved being so close and getting such close-up shots. The music is fantastic in both of those movies! It was great--and it's not even finished! :thumbsup2

I love the "antique"shot of the 2 of you in front of the ToT! Was that a PhotoPass shot or your own camera?

In the 2nd shot you posted of you in front of ToT--that plant in the background gives you a "Statue of Liberty" crown! :goodvibes

Also loved the antique ToT shot--looking up-I looooove it! :love:

How fun that Michael got picked for the Indy show! When we went a couple years back my DH got picked in the Backlot Tour--to be the one who gets all the water! That was fun--

I loved Flight of the Navigator, too!

What a great, long update! I enjoyed it!

Thank you! It was a Photopass shot, but I edited it in Photoshop. It was just a normal shot of it. Oh wow--I'll have to check that pic out! ;) I'm happy with wearing a crown! Thanks--I liked that shot too--it was a different angle. He loves being in shows! But I told him NOT to volunteer for the Backlot Tour because I know him--and he HATES getting all wet and then having to walk around like that. Haha! That's hilarious that your DH was chosen for that! :laughing: I need to try to find that movie... Michael has never seen it. Thank you so much! I enjoyed writing it. :goodvibes

I loved the update. Sounds like you guys have had a great time so far. I loved all the girly pics from Beauty and the Beast. Toy Story Mania is so fun and it works so much better when you spaz out like you did the second time. Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Thank you! We did--it was such a great day! I'll have more in the next few days. Yay! I'm glad you liked the B&tB pics. :goodvibes I agree. TSM is a spaz attraction! :scared:

Another amazing review Staci!! I love B&B and I was so glad you shared so many pictures! I could pretend I was really there watching with you!!

YAY for Michael being picked as an extra that is VERY cool!!!

Holy cow that was a long update! I hope I can remember everything I wanted to comment on LOL

We loveeee TOT too! Funny because Chris and I rode in the same seats you and Michael did when we were there in April!

That sandwich at Starring Rolls looks so good but that is SOO much ham on there! I can see why you were so full.

Beauty and the Beast is my favoriteeeeee! Thanks for posting all those pictures, its totally my fave Disney movie

Star Tours definitely does need an update because it made me queasy too. The Backlot Tour is one we need to try though, I think I went on it when I was a kid when it was cooler but not since then LOL

You guys got so much done so far I can't wait to hear the rest and your "first timer" experience

I know...I didn't plan on it being that long, but I just started typing and forgot to stop! :upsidedow Woo-Hoo! Aren't those seats great?! SUCH a good ride! I could only eat half--and I was still stuffed! :eek: But it was really yummy! YAY!!! I'm so glad you liked the B&tB pics! I can't wait for it to come out on DVD again--I love that movie. Really? I'm glad I'm not the only one. I hate being a queasy wimp. :laughing: Backlot Tour was definitely worth doing. But it's not something you have to do over and over. Once is plenty. I couldn't believe that we were actually sticking with our plans so far--we were just zooming through things! :thumbsup2 I'll hopefully have more before too long.

WOWZA!!! What an update!!! Thank you so much for getting us through your day. It was so wonderful

Again, loving toy stroy...even more excited to try it

I can not get enough Beauty and the Beast. Dont you feel like you paid $100 a ticket? It is top notch...thanks for the pics!

Your photopass picture made me crack up!!! NO Mickey! That sounds like something that would happen to me. BUT, good improvising

Can't wait to hear where you ate that was sooo wonderful??

Thanks Katie! I'm glad you liked it! :thumbsup2 Your whole family will LOVE Toy Story! It's one of those that all ages will enjoy! YAY! I'm so glad you liked the B&tB pics. YES--it is an incredible show! :love: I know! We kept waiting and waiting for him to show up. Oh well. We *might* have had a chance to take some other Mickey shots! ;) I'll hopefully update soon. It was very yummy!

Yay for the super long update! I loved all of the Beauty and the Beast pictures. It's my favorite movie but I've never watched the show there. I didn't realize it was only 15 minutes? I love all the songs! You got some great pictures on ToT. I love all the different effects you have done with the pics. That's awesome that Michael got picked to be in the indy show. How fun! I have to say that the cupcake and that fruit tart looked amazing. We never ate there for lunch but we got breakfast pastries there one morning. So good. i loved the chocolate croissant. If only it hadn't been so hot, I wouldn't have had a melting chocolate problem. Great update! It looks like it would be so much fun to do the parks with you guys!

I didn't expect it to be so long...but it kept growing! :upsidedow Yay! I'm glad you liked them! SERIOUSLY?! You really have to watch the show!!!! It is fantastic! :love: Did I say 15? It's actually 30. They let us in 15 minutes early, though. It was definitely worth the wait. And Michael actually really enjoyed it as well. Thank you--I like playing around with pics in Photoshop. He was SO excited to be in Indy! It was fun watching him down there! The desserts were fabulous! We'd go back there every time just for the desserts. YUM--the breakfast sounds great!! We might have to try that! Did it count as a snack credit? Thank you! We do have a ton of fun together! :goodvibes

I love your extra-special, extra-long update! The pictures from BaTB are so beautiful! I can't believe in all of my trips to WDW, I've never seen that show!!! GASP! I remember when I was younger, we got seats to the show, but my dad and I got up before it started because we were too hot (I'm pretty sure the seats were open to the elements before). On our 2 trips this year, Madison didn't want to see it which really bummed me out. Someday, we will make her sit and watch it.

How awesome that Michael got picked to be in the Indy show. I think that would be so much fun! I hope that he enjoyed himself. All of your photopass pics turned out amazing as usual. I can't wait to read more!

Thank you! :goodvibes It was fun writing it. Really?! :eek: You, Tony, and Madison would LOVE it! Hopefully Maddie will want to see it next time. It's fantastic! If she even remotely likes the movie, she'll love the show. And it's all covered now! :thumbsup2 I'm so glad he got picked--he loved it! He really likes doing things like that. Thank you! We loved having Photopass. I'll hopefully have more soon!

Wow!!! Marathon updates!

Absolutely loving your TR so far! Your trip seems so fun!

Haha--Yeah, it was a little longer that I was planning on writing, but it just kept coming! :upsidedow Thank you so much! That means a lot. I've loved sharing it. It was fantastic!! :thumbsup2

What a great day!!! Loving it

It was incredible! Thanks so much! :)

Woo Hoo!! Mega-update! Loved the pics...especially B&tB - that show is one of my favorites too. I had never seen the bench photopass before...that's too bad they didn't put Mickey in. You guys look so perfectly posed too!

And oh my goodness -- that sandwich and cupcake and fruit tart from Starring Rolls all looked ah-maz-ing. I want one for lunch now. lol

Mega is probably an understatement! :upsidedow Yay! I'm so glad you liked the pics. It's such an incredible show. I'm glad I was actually close enough to get clear pictures this time! I think the bench Photopass was a new thing for the Celebrate Today thing. It was one of the ToT Photopass CMs that was next to the bench. We saw some other girls taking the pic and asked if we could too. Too bad it didn't work! :laughing: They were INCREDIBLE! We loved that restaurant! I want one for breakfast and the other for lunch! :thumbsup2

Another amazing review Staci!! I love B&B and I was so glad you shared so many pictures! I could pretend I was really there watching with you!!

YAY for Michael being picked as an extra that is VERY cool!!!

Thanks Jen! :) I'm so glad you liked the B&tB pics--it was so great being up close!! He LOVED being picked during Indy. It helped make the day extra-special! :goodvibes

Oh, I just knew it'd be Tower of Terror! :goodvibes Isn't that just one of the best rides of all time?! It's so much fun! Yay! I'm glad you were finally able to ride it... and enjoy it!

Looooove the Beauty & the Beast pictures! :love: Oh my goodness! Yall had such awesome seats, too!

I have now caught up to you on the trip report reading and eagerly awaiting the rest. It's so nice to see that you both had such a wonderful time. I hope you get to book your next trip soon! Thanks for sharing, the photos are great!

Oh, I just knew it'd be Tower of Terror! :goodvibes Isn't that just one of the best rides of all time?! It's so much fun! Yay! I'm glad you were finally able to ride it... and enjoy it!

Looooove the Beauty & the Beast pictures! :love: Oh my goodness! Yall had such awesome seats, too!

Yay! You guessed right! :thumbsup2 Oh my goodness--it's SOOOO great! I wish I could ride it right now! I'm so glad you like them--It was incredible to be so close! :goodvibes

I have now caught up to you on the trip report reading and eagerly awaiting the rest. It's so nice to see that you both had such a wonderful time. I hope you get to book your next trip soon! Thanks for sharing, the photos are great!

Oh, wow! Thanks so much for reading!! :) We had a FANTASTIC time! I don't know when we'll be going back (we have so many other places we want to visit), but I'm excited for when we do! Thank you so much--I've loved sharing! :thumbsup2

Oh wow, we were at the same Beauty and the Beast. We left these and did TSM. We were on the left, about 6 rows up. We got there early too, while hubby was riding his turn on RocknRoller coaster. You have done such a great job. I have had so much going on that I haven't been able to check in before tonight. I just actually went through our pics this past weekend. We did get our photopass cd right away though!! You have great pics. It kinda makes me feel like we missed stuff. But I was so worried about abby getting too hot. Her little cheeks were bright red! We did have a great time and it was a total blast to be there for my birthday!! I looked for you all the time..but there were sooooo many people. Well not really b/c the wait times were really short! Oor longest wait was the hour we spent waiting to meet Tink. But she is Abby's fav!!
Glad you guys had a great time!!

Oh wow, we were at the same Beauty and the Beast. We left these and did TSM. We were on the left, about 6 rows up. We got there early too, while hubby was riding his turn on RocknRoller coaster. You have done such a great job. I have had so much going on that I haven't been able to check in before tonight. I just actually went through our pics this past weekend. We did get our photopass cd right away though!! You have great pics. It kinda makes me feel like we missed stuff. But I was so worried about abby getting too hot. Her little cheeks were bright red! We did have a great time and it was a total blast to be there for my birthday!! I looked for you all the time..but there were sooooo many people. Well not really b/c the wait times were really short! Oor longest wait was the hour we spent waiting to meet Tink. But she is Abby's fav!!
Glad you guys had a great time!!

Oh, wow! I wish we would have seen each other! Wasn't it a fantastic show?! :goodvibes Isn't it so much fun getting your photopass CD? Are you going to do a TR? Thank you! We wouldn't have gone nearly as fast and hard if we had a little one--but it was good for us. What an incredible birthday!! I know--even though the crowds were way down, it was still WAY too many people to be able to pick someone out! Aw--I bet Abby LOVED meeting Tink!! :thumbsup2 I'm so glad yall had a great time too!!!

When I left you, we had just finished riding on Toy Story Mania again. We both had higher scores (thanks to me spazzing out a little more)! After we left TSM, we headed over to do something neither of us had ever experienced at DHS:

Lights, Motors, Action! :thumbsup2

We were both really excited about this. My aunt and uncle who went in August said it was incredible, and we couldn’t wait to see it! The show was scheduled to start at 4:30, and we were in line to get in by 4:00. At 4:10, they let us in, and we headed (with the masses!) into the stadium.

We sat in the Left-Center-Bottom of the top section—5 rows up. Make sense? This shows you a little better where we were.

206DHSCars.jpg

It was a good spot (because we could see everything well and it was covered) but we decided we’d like to be a little closer next time. Before the show started, they had tons of car trivia. I guessed a few, but I wasn’t really into it. It was entertaining to listen to the guys behind us, though. They were REALLY into it!

Before too long, the show started!

207DHSCars.jpg

209DHSCars.jpg

211DHSCars.jpg

This was SO cool!

213DHSCars.jpg

One of the drivers

214DHSCars.jpg

215DHSCars.jpg

216DHSCars.jpg

AAAHHHH! So cool! :eek:

218DHSCars.jpg

219DHSCars.jpg

223DHSCars.jpg

225DHSCars.jpg

Yes, this is real! :scared1:

227DHSCars.jpg

228DHSCars.jpg

And the Finale

230DHSCars.jpg

231DHSCars.jpg

233DHSCars.jpg

We REALLY liked this! I would highly recommend it to anyone who is a guy, is dating/married to a guy, or has boys. It’s so awesome to see how they do the different stunts (oh—and all of it is real!). Very cool! :thumbsup2

Continued

Continued from previous

After the stunt show was over, it was time to head over to Sci-Fi Drive-In for our dinner reservations!

235SciFiDinner.jpg

We checked in at 5:15 for our 5:35 reservation, and we were seated right on time. And let me also note that we each took turns going “down the highway” to the restrooms and they were really cool! Sorry if that’s TMI, but I’m just so blown away by how Disney even themes the bathrooms… :upsidedow

Anyway, we were seated in the back of a car in the middle area of the drive-in. We were seated at the same time as the family in front of us. The little kids took the first bench, the parents were in the middle, and we were in the back. Michael commented on how smart/attentive they are to even take the time to seat people in the best possible situations. It was really cute because the parents turned around and joked about there being kids up front, so we’d better behave ourselves! :rotfl:

The “cars” were so neat! It really added to the whole “feel” of the restaurant. Here we are in our car:

236SciFiDinner.jpg

243SciFiDinner.jpg

It was really dark inside, and it was hard for me to get a very clear picture, but here’s a pic of the back area (where the kitchen is):

239SciFiDinner.jpg

Our server (I can’t remember his name) was excellent! He’s the one that offered to take our picture (he took from 3 different angles!), and he was very nice and attentive the entire time. He went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect—one of the best waiters of our entire trip! :)

When he asked for our drink orders, Michael got a rootbeer, and I decided to get an Oreo shake (since they’re included on the Dining Plan). Yummy!

240Dinners.jpg

We both got the cheeseburger with bacon (our waiter suggested adding bacon)

244Dinner.jpg

YUM, yum, yum! The burger and fries were both fantastic! We both got the apple crumble for dessert (sorry—no pic). Michael loved it, but I thought it was a little too sweet. I was also really full, so I didn’t take more than a few bites. We left at 6:35 (exactly 1 hour later).

Oh—and I forgot to mention that we loved the atmosphere!! It was really cute to be able to watch the old movies on the big screen. Because it’s so dark in there, it really helped add to the feel of being at the drive-in! It was just an all-around great meal—good service, good food, good atmosphere! We’d definitely come back here! :goodvibes

We knew that we still wanted to go through Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream and see Voyage of the Little Mermaid, so we headed over to the other side of the park.

We snapped this on the way:

245DHS.jpg

I’d come in here on my last trip (with my mom, sis, aunt, cousins—all girls, and grandparents) but we didn’t spend much time in here at all. It was pretty much one of those “walk in, look around for .3 seconds, and then walk out” experiences. I was REALLY looking forward to taking time to look around! It was also one of the things Michael made a point to tell me he wanted to do (after reading about the attractions online). So it was a must for us!

246DHSWalt.jpg

247DHSWalt.jpg

248DHSWalt.jpg

249DHSWalt.jpg

251DHSWalt.jpg

252DHSWalt.jpg

I’m so glad Mickey and Minnie no longer look like this!

253DHSWalt.jpg

256DHSWalt.jpg

Continued

Continued from previous

By this time, it was between 7:00 and 7:15, and we wanted to go ahead and try to get in line for Voyage of the Little Mermaid

257DHSMermaid.jpg

Well, the CM told us that no one was even in line yet, and they wouldn’t even open up the queue area until after 7:20, so we decided to go back and look around One Man’s Dream a little more.

Let me confess here that we were really silly about not wanting the CM at One Man’s Dream to see us re-entering. Don’t ask me why…we just didn’t want to look like crazies. :laughing: So we hurried and went through the area we’d already visited, and then looked very interested in the area where we’d left (through the side door) last time. I think it worked, because he didn’t even look at us weird. ;) Haha—we’re weird. And we watch too many sneaky action-packed things (movies and 24). Anyway….we looked around some more.

259DHSWalt.jpg

260DHSWalt.jpg

We LOVED looking around in here and reading most of the captions. It’s just SO fascinating! When you think about how incredible Disney World alone is, and then you think about the man behind it all (even though he claims it was all started by a Mouse)…it’s just mind-blowing. :goodvibes We didn’t have a chance to finish everything, but we absolutely loved what we did see. We put it on our “list of things to do” for the next day we’d be at DHS, and headed over to see VotLM.

261DHSMermaid.jpg

They let us in the queue area at 7:22, and we just sat on the ground until it was time to go into the show room. You could tell that everyone was dragging by this point in the day.

262DHSMermaid.jpg

263DHSMermaid.jpg

265DHSMermaid.jpg

We were pretty disappointed as we left this show. I mean, it was kindof good, but nothing we care to see again for a very long time. It just seems a little below-par compared to the other shows we’d seen that day. Oh—and I really wish I would have gotten a picture of Eric because he looked like the oldest Huxtable daughter on the Cosby Show! After the show, Michael was saying how much he reminded him of someone. I said the oldest Huxtable, and that’s what he was thinking too! :laughing:

On our way out of the park, we took a couple more pictures

266DHS.jpg

Image113.jpg

We left the park around 7:55, and there was a bus waiting for us! What’s even better is that it was only ½ full! We arrived back at our “home” at 8:10.

When we got back, we decided to go up to our room to change into flip-flops (heavenly after a day in tennis shoes!) and go back down to view the savannah with night vision goggles. It was so neat! We saw lots of animals including quite a few giraffes. It’s so mind-blowing how technology can do that. Very cool experience. :thumbsup2

To get to the night vision viewing area, you walk past the pool and hot tub. Well…it was just too tempting, so we went back up, got our suits on, and took a dip in the pool. The water was pretty cool, but not too terribly cold. We stayed in the pool for a few minutes, and then went to the hot tub. Oh. My. Goodness. It was SOOOO relaxing! :love: The hot tub is pretty secluded, with beautiful vegetation all around, and it was so quiet and peaceful. I probably could have stayed down there all night, but we were getting sleepy, and we wanted to get some good rest for our busy day the next day.

We reluctantly left the hot tub (with promises to visit again), got ready for bed, and were asleep by 10:45.

This is what I went to sleep thinking about:

062DHSbw.jpg

It’d been another incredible day at Disney World with my Best Friend! I couldn’t ask for more.

Up Next:

Great bus ride
FINALLY—seeing the Rope Drop MK Show
Zipping through the Kingdom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter