• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st Trip (of many!) as Mr. & Mrs.--the TR-- UPDATE 9/9: Life Update--We're Moving!!

Your pics from the GF are beautiful! I never got a chance to see the Mickey in the tile. I'll have to look next time! And Coral Reef sounds yummy! I totally LOL'd watching hubby try diapering babies :)

Yay, you liked Coral Reef! They really shouldn't put those tables right up against the aquarium. When we were there, we noticed the same thing happening that happened to you.

Sounds like a lot of fun in Innoventions. We never take the time to do that; maybe this time I'll schedule it in!

Denise

We liked it a lot! I agree--but then if they moved them away from the windows, then people would constantly be standing in front of you to be next to the window...I guess there are always issues when you have a huge aquarium in your restaurant! ;) You should definitely schedule in Innoventions! We had a lot of fun there. I'd schedule at least an hour for the two combined. We probably spent more time that that there! :thumbsup2

I've missed a lot!! Great updates!! Coral Reef sounded delicious. I tried to get in there for our Feb trip and nothing was available. (Strangely Le Cellier was...?) I'm definitely putting that Mahi on my future trip must have list. Sounds delicious! The big turtle was pretty darn cute too. :)

It was really good--we've said we'd go back. Are you serious?! Le Cellier was booked for our entire stay! :eek: The turtle was ginormous!!

Oooh loved the Coral Reef pics! I can see how having a table by the glass would be both good and bad.

I'll have to try the Mahi Mahi next time!

Haha, love the pics of Michael doing the baby race! :laughing:

Thanks! We liked it... but it was a little annoying after a while. I think it would have been better if we weren't the first table at the bottom. Yes--the Mahi Mahi was incredible!!! :thumbsup2 We watched the video on Saturday night and were laughing so hard--those guys looked ridiculous! :rotfl:

Girl! Where are you finding these things at Innovations?? I have never seen ANY of those activities before!! HYSTERICAL pictures of your adventures and M and the babies!! :rotfl:
So glad you loved CR! We still want to eat there too, even though the reviews are crappy. I'd probably eat the Mahi Mahi so good that M liked it! Being biologists we obviously have to eat there regardless, but that stinks about the people! I guess there's always something "bad" about getting the better seats.
Cool Club...love your faces! I love the Watermelon too! And the Veggie Beta, reminds me of V8 Splash sorta. Sounds like you two are having a blast, can't wait to see how you finished up your night! :thumbsup2

They really should have the cooler stuff in the front--maybe more people would stop and tour then! You have to go in and really see everything. Some stuff is pretty lame, but some stuff is really great! Now they even have a place where you make your own rollercoaster, etc. and then "ride it" in a simulator! It came out a few weeks ago. :thumbsup2 It was so funny watching him with the babies--I can tell there will be MANY training sessions when we have kids! :rotfl: I really don't know why the reviews are so bad...we'd definitely go back. Almost all of the flavors were good--besides Beverly! :sick: We're headed to MK after this!!

WWHHHAAA?? How did I miss your Grand Floridian Trip!!!! :confused3
And I even had a cameo! hehe Thanks for the shout out :thumbsup2
I agree, it is a very pretty resort and SO quiet and relaxing. The rooms were really the #1 reason to stay there, they are huge. However, it is not very themed. I think that we will stay there again as a couple, and maybe with the kids when they get older, but for now we are SO looking forward to the WL and the Poly!!

Loved your new update as well! Coral Reef sounds awesome, I loved the big fat turtle (ha!) But, how rude of those people to take pics by your table. It is just a turtle people. Let these two eat their expensive meal in peace! Sometimes I do not get it.

Also, the pics of your DH with the babies...SO funny. If only it were as easy as velcroing your baby to an apron and continuing with your day...ha!

Overall, you are making me so excited for EPCOT!! Can't wait to see who's family you join?

I don't know how you missed it--but I'm glad you saw it now! :thumbsup2 No prob--I thought about your family while we were there! We've decided we're really into over-the-top theming--we can stay at a fancy hotel somewhere else. But we were talking about how fun it would be to stay at the GF after we retire (yes...we plan ahead! :upsidedow). It seems like the perfect "relax resort". Haha--I wish you were there to tell those turtle-people off! :laughing: Then maybe we wouldn't be in a million pictures with our forks in our mouths! Yeah, I'm sure he'll wish it was that easy when we have real kids :rotfl: I'm happy you're excited for Epcot now!! It's my second favorite resort. We just love all the hands-on stuff there! :thumbsup2

She probably doesn't need to work anymore if she doesn't want to. She married a pro athlete. They are more than set for the rest of their lives! I think Kirk Cameron became really relgious toward the end of Growing Pains and does Christian programming now. I watch too many of those 'Where are they now?' specials. :rotfl:

Danny and Vicki never actually got married. He proposed but nothing ever came of it! Youtube the episodes! :)

Staci, great pictures of Coral Reef but I can understand why you'd get annoyed. I probably would have to! I understand it's a great photo op but people need to respect the fact that you're trying to eat! :sad2:

You didn't play Where's the Fire?? That's my favorite innoventions thing. I actually didn't know they had a make your own video game. I'll have to spend more time in there next time!

Yeah, I saw that! They're set for life! Yeah, Kirk Cameron and his wife (his girlfriend from Growing Pains!!) actually adopted a lot of kids from different countries. They have a really sweet story. Did you see Fireproof? Our church went to see it together last year. He does a really good job in it (even if some of the other actors are sub-par). .... Yeah, it was good and bad at the same time. I wish they had a little "viewing area" away from the tables. No--the line was too long, and we knew we had to head over to MK soon. But we'll for sure put it on our list for next time!! The video game thing is SO FUN! Definitely spend a lot of time there! :thumbsup2

I love your report! You two are too cute! I love how excited you both are. I am 31 and still get that way everytime we go! now we have a 2yo daughter, so it makes it even more exciting to see her reaction!

We loved Coral Reef, too. I had the Mahi and it was wonderful! I think if everyone had that when they went there wouldnt be any bad reviews of that place!

Thanks so much! :goodvibes I think we'll be 75 and still all excited!! I bet--I can't wait until we can take our kids with us. I remember watching my little sister when she was 5. She was SO excited! We ate with Pooh our first morning, and the next day she woke up bright and early and shook my dad and said, "Hurry, Daddy! Pooh is waiting!" :cutie: Isn't the Mahi incredible? I wish I could have it with my pasta though, that stuff is great! Yeah, I think people are just ordering the wrong thing... :confused:

Oh yes! I remember now!! That was SO great!!

Staci!! Tell Michael that I think we're food twins!! We got the same entree AND dessert! :rotfl: Wasn't that mahi-mahi so good?! I just loved it!! I'm definitely glad I just took a leap and tried it!! Mmmm I could go for some right now!!

I'm also INSANELY glad that you lucked out and got a window seat! Thats so awesome. pixiedust: You definitely got tons of pixie dust! I can't believe you didn't even request it!! That's awesome. I love that the turtle was next to you!! That's too bad about everyone coming and taking pictures. Our table was the last one, so at the way other end of yours, and we didn't have any cute turtles right in front of us!

The make your own video game looks so fun!! I bet I could convince my mom to like Epcot more if I can get her to go back to Innovations. I'll have to show her your tr!! We didn't do anything in there! But a lot was also closed when we were there. :confused3 I'm definitely taking her here when I drag her back there! :laughing:

Haha--I'll tell him! That's great. :thumbsup2 He loved all of his meal! Yeah, I was shocked that we were so lucky with everything--without requesting anything! It was definitely a perfect start to the trip! :goodvibes I bet your seats were tons better. I think the middle would have even been better--there were just too many people that stopped at our table on the way to theirs. Yeah, with Epcot, you really make your own fun. They don't just hand it to you like the other places. You have to get in and try things and take time to do all of the "hidden" little things. Disney should do a better job letting people know what's in there. It looks like a lot is closed, but it's really not--they're just building some new stuff. But then again, it's kinda good most people don't know about all of it, because it's pretty much empty in there! :thumbsup2

Awesome updates! You guys were having a great day :thumbsup2

I'm with you on the best sodas. I like China's watermelon drink best.
And I also think that shelf is cool!!

Thanks! Yes--we were!! Isn't that drink so good? They should market it here. I'd love to know where they found that shelf.

Oh I forgot to say Mexico is my favorite at Club Cool. I like that it has an apple juice kick to it. :thumbsup2

Yeah, that one was really good too! :thumbsup2

I just started reading your TR today, and I am loving it!! Can't wait for your next installment!

Hi! Thanks so much for reading! :goodvibes I'll have the next one sometime early this week!

Yay! I am so glad that you enjoyed Coral Reef. I was worried you would be disappointed. Maybe you had our same waiter, he was the one that convinced me into ordering the mahi too! I polished that plate clean! You guys looked like you had so much fun at Innoventions. We haven't done a lot of those stations before and that Velcro station sounds like fun. The baby demo - hilarious. :rotfl: Great pictures there! I am going to have to remember that for our next trip, whenever that is. Loved the club Cool pics. I feel like I always try Beverly thinking that maybe, just maybe this time it will taste different! :confused3 Sounds like your trip is off to a fantastic start.

We enjoyed it a lot! Maybe he was the same... This guy said to try the Mahi or the steak. I'm not a steak person, so I tried Salmon...I should have stuck with his suggestions! We did!! It was really fun. You should definitely give it a try next time. :thumbsup2 The Velcro show was so much fun! It was corney, but it was cute that someone from each family got to participate. I would NOT have tried it if Michael didn't tell me I had to for making him try it! :upsidedow

Hi Staci! I didn't leave you, I've just been busy. Love all of your Epcot pics yet once again. That velcro game looked so funny! I love the pics of the fountain. In Jan when we went, it was being refurbed so it had lovely blue refurb walls all around it. Then, in June, it was never working!!! So, my DH and DD have never gotten to see that amazing fountain. There's always next time!

Hi Meghan! Glad you're back--and I hope you're not too overly busy still! I have a feeling we'll all just get busier as Christmas comes closer... Thanks! It was a lot of fun. Oh--that stinks you didn't get any fountain pictures! The fountain is one of my favorite parts of Epcot! Yep--I think "Next Time" is the most popular saying in regards to Disney World! :upsidedow

Oh wow that "bed" was really awesome, I would have loved that too as a child!!!

Isn't it incredible?! I saw one similar to it at IKEA a few weeks ago... I would have LIVED on my bed if I had that one!

Your pics from the GF are beautiful! I never got a chance to see the Mickey in the tile. I'll have to look next time! And Coral Reef sounds yummy! I totally LOL'd watching hubby try diapering babies :)

Thank you! It's such a gorgeous resort. The tile work is really pretty too--it's at the entrance. It is! I'm sure your mom would like it because she could get shrimp! ;) I hope he does a much better job when we have kids! :rotfl:

I'm so glad you guys got a "window" seat at Coral Reef! :thumbsup2

That video game look like so much fun! I'll have to look for it when we go back. I've also wondered what the Velcro show was like--thanks! The pictures of the guys with the babies & aprons were too funny! Sounds like a fun thing to do!

Your Beverly pictures were good! I just love going to Club Cool!

Hi Staci!
I know I've been MIA for a while (been sick, busy, pregnant, etc), but I just caught up on your trip report! Loved your pics of the GF! And y'all did so much more fun stuff at Epcot than J and I!! I think the crowds were worse for us so we missed out! :sad1: Oh well, guess we'll have to try it out next time! And the Coral Reef food sounded soooo good!!

I'm so glad you guys got a "window" seat at Coral Reef! :thumbsup2

That video game look like so much fun! I'll have to look for it when we go back. I've also wondered what the Velcro show was like--thanks! The pictures of the guys with the babies & aprons were too funny! Sounds like a fun thing to do!

Your Beverly pictures were good! I just love going to Club Cool!

It was a perfect view! :thumbsup2 It was SOOO much fun! And you get to send a copy home (but I don't know that we ever received it...) You should definitely try the Velcro show! I laughed when I saw how horrible my face was in that pic :rotfl:

Hi Staci!
I know I've been MIA for a while (been sick, busy, pregnant, etc), but I just caught up on your trip report! Loved your pics of the GF! And y'all did so much more fun stuff at Epcot than J and I!! I think the crowds were worse for us so we missed out! :sad1: Oh well, guess we'll have to try it out next time! And the Coral Reef food sounded soooo good!!

Hey Amanda! That's totally ok--real life is ALWAYS more important ;) So sorry you've been sick! Are you feeling better? I saw on your ticker that your little girl is getting big! :goodvibes We were able to do pretty much everything in Epcot--we loved all of the interactive stuff. Yeah! Hopefully the crowds will be better next time! Oh goodness, it was really good. I could really go for some of that food now...

That's the same exact table we were seated at when we ate at Coral Reef 3 years ago! I love how the turtle hung out right by yall for awhile - so cool! :thumbsup2

Your Beverly pictures are hilarious! I heard it's the aftertaste that makes it taste pretty YUCK!

Can't wait to hear all about Magic Kingdom! :love:

That's the same exact table we were seated at when we ate at Coral Reef 3 years ago! I love how the turtle hung out right by yall for awhile - so cool! :thumbsup2

Your Beverly pictures are hilarious! I heard it's the aftertaste that makes it taste pretty YUCK!

Can't wait to hear all about Magic Kingdom! :love:

Oh wow! How fun. It was really cool that he was there most of our meal. He was HUGE! Thanks :rotfl: It was sick. During-taste and after-taste. :headache: I'm just about to post it!

I’m so sorry for the delay in this new post. Things have actually been really busy at work, which means I don’t have time to DIS. I’ve been trying to write this post for the past week! Anyway…without further ado…

When I last left you, we had just finished up a wonderful day at Epcot Future World, and it was time to head over to Magic Kingdom for SpectroMagic and Wishes!

When I was planning, I was really excited that Spectro was showing on this night. I felt like it would be a perfect ending to our first park day! Since SpectroMagic was starting at 8:00, I knew we needed to be there by 7:30 at the latest if we wanted to get decent “seats”.

We boarded the Epcot monorail at 6:55, transferred to a MK monorail at the TTC, and arrived at Magic Kingdom at 7:15.

Aahhhh…I love the fall decorations! The last two times I’ve been to Disney World was during the fall, and I just love how they decorate so wonderfully. I took a hurried picture of the Magic Kingdom entrance as we entered the park.

187MKEntrance.jpg

We didn’t have much time to really take pictures since it was getting closer and closer to parade time, but I was so excited to be at Magic Kingdom that I had to at least take a few pictures!

188MKMain.jpg

189MKMain.jpg

190MKMain.jpg

I love how the Castle almost matches the sky! :goodvibes

191MKCastle.jpg

I’d heard that Liberty Square was a really good place to view Spectro, so we took a left at the Hub and headed in that direction. There were still some good spots over this way, but we would have had to stand behind someone else (I know…the horror!). Michael went over and asked a CM if we could stand in the little walkway to the Liberty Bell, and she said that was completely fine (they’d be putting a rope up there later). Woo-Hoo! :yay: We walked across the street and picked our little spot in front of the Liberty Bell.

There was a lady that overheard Michael asking the CM about the Liberty Bell area, and she decided to come join us. We found out that they were from somewhere up North (I think in the New England area). We chatted with them for a little while and learned that they were expecting 13 people to come join us in that little walkway!! Uh, ok. :upsidedow

Slowly, their family started showing up (it was the grandparents, kids, and grandkids). They all had matching red shirts with a number and their “character” on the back. They were really nice and friendly, but one thing happened that frustrated me… There was a lady standing in front of the railing to the left of where we were standing. We knew that the CMs were going to end up making her move, so Michael decided to go and tell her so that she could find another spot before it was too late. She was really grateful, and he offered for her family (a hubby and a little girl) to come join us on our little walkway. Well, she went to find her family, and when they came back, we were going to let them in (by this time, we’d put up the rope so people couldn’t shove in front of us when the CMs made them move). This obviously wasn’t happening. The mom that was saving all of the spots (only about 1/3 of the family was here by this point) said, “No. Sorry. We’re expecting 13 people. There’s not room.” :eek: Um, excuse me?! We’d just told them they could join us. And we were here first. I’m sorry if you’re sending two people to save a spot for everyone. This is what I would have liked to have said. But instead, Michael and I both apologized to the little family and told them we didn’t know that they couldn’t share it with us when we offered. We felt really bad even though it wasn’t us that turned them away. It was just frustrating because they should at least send half of their group to save the spots, and then if someone else comes, they should be able to be there! It’s just not fair. :headache: Anyway…rant over. Sorry!

After that, (and after I got un-frustrated) we visited some more, and I talked with some of the kids while we were waiting for the parade. Somewhere during that, I noticed that my shirt looked red in the non-light, and we probably looked like we were just a part of the family! That, and the fact that they gave us some Glow-Stick Necklaces! :thumbsup2 I sat on the ground with the kids while we waited for the parade to start. They ended up being a fun family to have to wait with. :)

At 8:17, SpectroMagic made its way to where we were waiting. Oh, goodness. I just LOVE this parade!!!! I was SO excited to be at Disney World, watching my favorite Parade, with my Best Friend. :love:

192MKSpectro.jpg

Did you know that the big thing behind Mickey is actually his coattails? I just found this out this trip!

193MKSpectro.jpg

I was having to be pretty selective with my photos because my camera battery was dying (Uh-Oh). And by the way, this starts the trend of this happening….. Anyway, Here are some other pictures I got as the parade went by.

194MKSpectro.jpg

195MKSpectro.jpg

196MKSpectro.jpg

197MKSpectro.jpg

198MKSpectro.jpg

199MKSpectro.jpg

200MKSpectro.jpg

201MKSpectro.jpg

202MKSpectro.jpg

Just look at all of that detail! The lights are so gorgeous. We really, really, really enjoyed SpectroMagic! Michael kept talking about how the music and lights were timed just perfectly. And how you couldn’t hear the part for “The Little Mermaid” once something else came, and things like that. He was VERY impressed. We loved it. :goodvibes

Continued

Continued from previous

After we finished watching the parade, we said goodbye to our new family with red shirts and walked towards the castle to get a spot to watch Wishes! We ended up sitting/standing in the part of the Hub that’s closest to the Castle, and left-center-left (if that makes sense) of the center of the castle.

203MKCastle.jpg

204MKCastle.jpg

By the time Wishes was about to start, my battery was nearly on empty. So I knew I was going to have to be very, very selective in my pictures.

When the fireworks show started, my stomach did a little flip. I was practically giggling with excitement!

205MKWishes.jpg

206MKWishes.jpg

207MKWishes.jpg

208MKWishes.jpg

As you can see, we were a little to the side, so the fireworks went off to the left of the castle (or it looked like that), but we ended up really liking it that way! You can also probably see that I don’t have the castle in all its different colors throughout the show because my camera was running out of battery. Oh well—at least we were able to get some!

209MKWishes.jpg

210MKWishes.jpg

213MKWishes.jpg

214MKWishes.jpg

215MKWishes.jpg

216MKWishesbw.jpg

216MKWishes.jpg

“And all our wishes will come true!” I just love this show! I think we could watch it every single night and never get tired of it. Once again, Michael was in awe of the sound/show working together so well. It is truly incredible how they get timed so perfectly.

Ok. I have to share something. Some of you might think its funny, some of you might not have a clue what I’m talking about, and some of you might think it’s just weird. But regardless, I’m sharing. Ever since we saw Wishes, Michael’s been bursting into “Wishes! You’re like a dream come true. Wishes! Just wanna be with you. Wishes! Cause it’s plain to see…” Don’t ask me where he got that—he said it reminds him of it. :laughing: So we’ll just randomly start singing it around the house now. At least it reminds us of Disney! Haha. :upsidedow

After Wishes was over, and we picked our jaws up off the floor, we decided to just hang around the hub for a while until the crowds died down a little. We found a Photopass Photographer and took our first Photopass pics of the trip (besides Test Track).

Image047.jpg

Image051.jpg

We sat on a bench, and then wandered down Main Street, and finally made our way out the exit. Sigh, it’d been such a great day. :lovestruc

When we got to the bus station area, we saw that it was still really packed, so we decided to sit on a bench near the ferry dock and wait for a while. At a little before 9:45, we decided to go ahead and get in line for our bus. Things were really packed the further in we walked. We saw this HUGE line that looked like it might be coming out of the line for the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We walked forward a little more and then finally asked someone if this was the line for AKL.

Yes. It was.

Oh goodness. It was the absolute longest bus line I’ve ever seen. :scared1: Before long, it was all the way out the bus station area!! We waited. And waited. And waited. Something must have been really wrong, because the bus never left. As time went by, the other resorts’ lines started to completely empty. By 10:10, we were left with the stragglers, and our bus still wasn’t going. People were starting to get really frustrated. :headache:

FINALLY at 10:32 (more than 45 minutes later!) we got on our bus. We were completely worn out by this point. Thankfully, the trip was a quick one, and we were back at the AKL by 10:50.

It was SO good to be “home”. Michael called his parents, and I loved hearing him tell them all about our day and all of the fun things we did. It made me so happy to know that he was loving our trip as much as I was!

We went to bed at 11:45, and I happily thought of this as I went to sleep:

Image052.jpg

Aah. It had been a practically perfect day! :goodvibes

Up Next:
Our favorite park!
An unscheduled DIS meet

I love Spectro! Sadly we missed it on this trip but hopefully we'll catch it in Feb. I love the music at the beginning. :goodvibes

Great pictures of the castle! I don't think to take pictures during Wishes because I'm so wrapped up in the show. We love it too. :)

I didn't know Michael could sing like Brian McKnight! :lmao:

I love how the Castle matches the sky in that pic too! :goodvibes

*Sigh* I love Spectro. Just looking at your pics made me hear the music in my head. :laughing:

Those were really good pics of you two in front of the Castle.

Great, now I have that "WISHES!" in my head. :rotfl2:

Hahaha, I totally get the wishes song. So funny.

Your last 3 pics of the fireworks are amazing! Especially the 3rd to last. Nice work, dying battery and all! And what a cute pic of you two in front of the castle.

Hey I'm a little late but I'm subscribing. Even though I'm only a teen I love reading trip reports and you guys look like so much fun. I love all the pictures. And I love how this your first big vacation as Mr. and Mrs. because this is definitely where I want to go with my husband when I'm older.

Fabulous Disney nighttime magic update!! :thumbsup2 I lopove your pics of the castle. That one where it looks like part of the sky -- you're absolutely right, it looks like it might just drift away and become another one of the pink clouds! lol! That pic of the fireworks in black and white is so cool too. Can't wait for more! :goodvibes

I also love the black and white of the castle, captures a completely different aspect.

Hehe!! Love the update. I am laughing about the family with the red shirts. Seemed like you guys kept running into characters that day!! So happy that your DH enjoyed himself so much. I am a HUGE fan of Spectro!! Unfortunately, we will not be able to see it when we go (due to touring conflicts and NOT getting park hopper!) but hopefully we can upgrade one night while there. Your pictures make me want to see it again SO badly!! Update soon...cant wait to see more!

Also, so precious that your DH called his parents to update them. I can only hope that my kids are as close to me as adults :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter