1st trip-need advice

sdrsdd

Mouseketeer
Our kids are older now (14-12-9) and really want to come to UA this time. We are thinking that because we have to go in March due to kids school schedules that we need to stay onsite to get the express passes? Is this correct? I figure it will be crowded and this is our best bet...We are planning on 3 days at US and then heading over to Disney for 3 days too. Is 3 days enough for Universal? Thanks!

Any other tips for a 1st timer would be GREATLY appreciated!
Sarah

Spring break has crowds
Suggest you book early and then watch for lower rates then modify your rates if rates drop

Better to stay on site for the free unlimited ep
It is offered at hrh , rpr and pbh

Ride lines are long waits during spring break and ep lessens that wait time

Three days is perfect. And yes, do try to stay at one of the three resorts macraven mentioned. The express pass for all of you is well worth it. They do have rooms for 5. Keep asking questions if you have them.

Take advantage of early entry if available for the Harry Potter stuff that EP doesn't apply. Have fun planning!

Your kids are a great age for Universal. Make sure you let them blow off some steam at the Camp Jurassic. It is a huge Jurassic Park area with trails and tunnels and rope climbing areas. It is great fun for everyone!

Another fun family area is the Curious George ball centre. Sounds juvenile but it is a huge area where you can chuck balls at each other. We always have so much fun in there.

My son (about to turn 10 this month) started loving Universal more at age 8. I might suggest JUST doing Universal. He thinks 5 days is best there. I'm just thinking it'll be cheaper and easier for you -- unless you feel you just HAVE to do Disney. The rooms will be cheaper (stay more/save more or an APH rate gets cheaper the longer you stay). Annual passes are so much cheaper here than at Disney -- or tickets in general - and, again, the longer you're in a park, the cheaper it is. Anyway, my guess is at this age, they're going to love Universal more. Plus, with the great pools (and you can POOL HOP), you can take lots of breaks. There's PLENTY to do to spend 6 days just at Universal. We're going to do a HUGE Orlando trip in the summer. We are doing both Disney and Universal, BUT I can stay at Shades of Green at Disney (so, cheaper), and I have Disney Reward Points to cover park stuff. We really just want to do Star Wars and World Showcase stuff at Disney. We are only doing TWO DAYS at Disney. Five at Universal.

Oh, also, if they love Harry Potter... yeah... they'll want to be there A LOT. My son once spent THREE HOURS at Knockturn Alley doing tricks with his wand and it's a TINY part of Diagon Alley.

I like the advice of skipping Disney. You'll be able to have a fun, relaxing vacation and have an absolute blast at Universal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter