1st Transfer of Points Question(s)

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Up to this point, my older 2 DS have rolled their eyes when I mentioned a WDW vacation. Accordingly, we bought a modest amount of points to serve our needs and happily have planed quite a few future trips.

Now, oldest DS is engaged (wedding date 12/23/06). Suddenly, WDW is looking great for a honeymoon. Their hearts are set on a WDW vacation earlier in 1/07. Guess who's footing the bill?;)

Of course, our points are already spoken for!:) I'm not too thrilled with the prospect of borrowing from next UY. Will have to buy/transfer some points. Need help with the particulars please:

My UY is October...when I buy/transfer points will they:

1) Have to be valid for 06 UY (January) or do I need to look for a UY that matches my own.

2) How early do I need to have the points in place in my account (before I book @ 11 months out?)

3) If they cancel, the transferred points can only be re-rented, not banked?

Thanks, I'm sure this has been answered before. If I'm forgetting something please post.

keishashadow said:

I'd tell DS what my parents told me about my wedding: "We are footing this bill, so you are going to marry SOMEONE on June 26. If your fiance doesn't show, there are five more men here dressed in tuxedos to choose from!" Of course they were kidding. . . kind of. :teeth: (FYI, he showed.)

In your shoes, I'd say "OK, DS, I'll make these ressies, but understand that someone is going with you to WDW Dec 24." I think my ex-boyfriend ended up taking a male friend on his supposed-to-be-honeymoon cruise when his fiance backed out two weeks before the wedding. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. :rolleyes1

Just my two cents, of course. Happy planning!

Dale-n-Chip said:
I'd tell DS what my parents told me about my wedding: "We are footing this bill, so you are going to marry SOMEONE on June 26. If your fiance doesn't show, there are five more men here dressed in tuxedos to choose from!" Of course they were kidding. . . kind of. :teeth: (FYI, he showed.)

In your shoes, I'd say "OK, DS, I'll make these ressies, but understand that someone is going with you to WDW Dec 24." I think my ex-boyfriend ended up taking a male friend on his supposed-to-be-honeymoon cruise when his fiance backed out two weeks before the wedding. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. :rolleyes1

Just my two cents, of course. Happy planning!
Lovely story...still confused though...my usual state anymore.

keishashadow said:
My UY is October...when I buy/transfer points will they:

1) Have to be valid for 06 UY (January) or do I need to look for a UY that matches my own.

2) How early do I need to have the points in place in my account (before I book @ 11 months out?)

Thanks, I'm sure this has been answered before. If I'm forgetting something please post.

1)- Any Use Year may be transferred into your account.

2)- The points must be available when the reservation is made. They will be committed at that time. If you make the reservation 11 months ahead, the points must be in your account (current, banked, borrowed or transferred) in order to make the reservation.

3)- Transferred points may be banked into the next Use Year. Borrowed points cannot be banked.

Sounds like a great honeymoon location!

Enjoy!

WebmasterDoc said:
1)- Any Use Year may be transferred into your account.

2)- The points must be available when the reservation is made. They will be committed at that time. If you make the reservation 11 months ahead, the points must be in your account (current, banked, borrowed or transferred) in order to make the reservation.

3)- Transferred points may be banked into the next Use Year. Borrowed points cannot be banked.

Sounds like a great honeymoon location!

Enjoy!
Thanks Doc! DH is leaning toward just having them use our points and looking into an add-on. One trip home to VWL and he's a gonner. The roles have reversed, I'm the one putting the brakes on...a delightful turn of events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter