1st Timers to Disney - Is this a Good Deal from Travel Agent?

fitislandgirl

Earning My Ears
I'm hoping some of the experienced Disney travelers can help us out. We were given a quote to go to Disney through CAA - family of 4, flying out of Ch'town, Prince Edward Island. Children ages 5 and 7. We are flexible of flying out of Moncton or Halifax as well though. Thoughts?

Hi Kim and Roy,

I priced the Disney package for you May 19-26th staying at the Disney’s Pop Century resort with the basic dining( 1 table service, 1 quick service and 1 snack per day per person and the base Disney park ticket( 1 Disney park per day)and the Disney insurance the total price is 2718.36USD with the same package with the park hopper ticket the price is 2939.88USD.

For flights with Air Canada from Charlottetown the price is very good the schedule would be
May 19th
Charlottetown 7:00am Montreal 7:36am
Montreal 8:55am Orlando 12:10pm

May 26th
Orlando 1:45pm Toronto 4:33pm
Toronto 8:30pm Charlottetown 11:34pm

The price per person including all taxes and fees would be 563 per person.

All rates and availability are not guaranteed until booked with the Disney package all that would be required is a 200USD deposit than the final payment would be due 45 days prior to check in and with the flights the full payment would be required at time of booking.

If you have any questions or would like for me to price any other dates just let me know.

You didn't mention which Disney resort....value or moderate?
Price seems high to me considering Disney always has different promos on.
Right now if you book a 5night/6day trip you get a Disney gift card to use (can be used during your vacation)
If you book at a 'value' resort you will get a $300 gift card.
'Moderate' resort $500
'Deluxe' resort $750

As it stands now, you are looking at over $5k for your vacation. Try calling Disney directly and see what they can offer. There is nothing wrong with the value resorts. I would say POP Century is the best....it's the newest.
If you are flexible on your vacation dates, you could try waiting until August through the fall when they always offer the dining plan 'free'.

Hope you find something and enjoy your trip!

I would drop the park hopper
we did them our first trip too (we have a 8 and 5 yr olds)
we never used them we found that one park a day was plenty, So that was a waste of $200, you can always add them at the park for the same price if you feel you do need them part way through the trip. So up front you can save $200
we are going back for our third trip in April and still don't think we will need the hoppers.
We are going April 27th to May 12th for $5400 toal with air from calgary
the disney part was $4200 staying at the CSR for 4 of us
so for you I got Pop
with out the park hopper I got $2,508.94 US with insurance
then i did 10 days, the first 5 with the gift card offer and meal plan and a 8 day ticket
then 5 days at a room only discount, you would use the ticket from the first 5 days and the $300 gift card for food
that package for 10 days came out to $2638 with insurance and medical

we got a quote with CAA too they were charging the adult price for the kids meal plan and didn't have the room discount even though she told me they did

also check one way flight there and back
we saved almost $1000 doing that
we are going down westjet and comeing back aircanada

with out the park hopper I got $2,508.94 US with insurance

Is that with QS Dining, or basic dining, and is that also a non-preferred room? The only way I can get it that low is to go non-preferred, with quick service dining.

I get about $2817, May 19-26, 2 adults, 2 children, basic dining, preferred room at Pop, 8 day base ticket, insurance.

OP...... Pricing you received looks good, just be sure to check on the $300 gift card.

that was non perfered with the reg dining
thru the 25% offer on the site
http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....&int_CMP=WDW_Homepage_FY10Q2Q3ChoiceOfferTile

I re- did it with a prefered room here is the copy paste from the wed site
Check InMay 19, 2010 Check Out May 26, 2010 Staying for 7 nights, 8 days
Adults 2 Children 2 Room TypePreferred Room
Tickets8-Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket PackageMagic Your Way Package Plus DiningPackage includes 2010 Package Inclusions

Special RateWinter - Summer Magic Your Way Plus Dining 5+ Nights
Total $2,387.82 Insurance $133.90
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Total (includes tax) $2,521.72Deposit (USD) $200.00

You always have to balance cost of flying from home versus flying from other airports or driving.
We drove to Manchester NH and flew much cheaper but with 2 young kids that would be a long drive for you (10 hours).
Price is good but you still should get the $250 card for values.
We like going in August with free dining and staying 2 weeks for $2,700.
Comes down to time available and limited choice of airlines.

I'm hoping some of the experienced Disney travelers can help us out. We were given a quote to go to Disney through CAA - family of 4, flying out of Ch'town, Prince Edward Island. Children ages 5 and 7. We are flexible of flying out of Moncton or Halifax as well though. Thoughts?

Hi Kim and Roy,

I priced the Disney package for you May 19-26th staying at the Disney’s Pop Century resort with the basic dining( 1 table service, 1 quick service and 1 snack per day per person and the base Disney park ticket( 1 Disney park per day)and the Disney insurance the total price is 2718.36USD with the same package with the park hopper ticket the price is 2939.88USD.

For flights with Air Canada from Charlottetown the price is very good the schedule would be
May 19th

May 26th

All rates and availability are not guaranteed until booked with the Disney package all that would be required is a 200USD deposit than the final payment would be due 45 days prior to check in and with the flights the full payment would be required at time of booking.

If you have any questions or would like for me to price any other dates just let me know.

I logged onto the travel agent site for Disney and got a quote for you. To me the CAA price looks like a good deal.

Disney's Pop Century Resort May 19-26 with 7 day magic your way park ticket plus dining plan came to $2670. This does not include flight - but includes a $300 Disney gift card.

I just checked your dates Checking in 5/19, check out 5/26 at Pop Century
2 adults 2 children
8 day base tickets
Basic Dining plan

$2304.80 using the Winter/Summer discount on WDW web site, 30% off room rate staying 5+ days. This isn't the gift card offer, it's another promo WDW has out now.
Doesn't include flights.

Good luck with your planning.

I just checked your dates Checking in 5/19, check out 5/26 at Pop Century
2 adults 2 children
8 day base tickets
Basic Dining plan

$2304.80 using the Winter/Summer discount on WDW web site, 30% off room rate staying 5+ days. This isn't the gift card offer, it's another promo WDW has out now.
Doesn't include flights.

Good luck with your planning.

Just for clarification:

The above quote would be a non-preferred room, and does not include insurance.

And, ther reason there are a few different prices floating about, some are quoting the Room discount, some are quoting the gift card offer.

You can check all this on Disney's website.

Flight times look good and it is from your home airport ...

It looks like a good value to me ....

Flights from the Maritimes would set you back $400 to $500 per person, so that accounts for $1600 cdn to $2000 cdn alone ..

Add in the Room, Passes and Dining (QSP or DDP) and it looks like a reasonable off ...

Note that Westjet had an offer that would have been $2,750 CDN without Dining or Passes .... Nov 2009 Herald.

In Nov 2009 (Herald) this went to $3,450 cdn without food (passes in)

In Jan 2010 (Herald) this went to $2,740 without food or passes ...

All in ... I say that 2718.36USD for air, room, passes (no Hopper) and food (QSP or DDP) is a good bang for the buck ..

Ted

I live in Stratford ... so I know the flight questions.
We are going Apr 22 - May 1

I think the other posts cover the tickets and hotel pretty well...as for the meal plan ..although I never have had a meal plan the meals are large so young children probably fill up quickly ...so you will have extra points to use so treat yourself to a nice dinner that may use extra points.

Flights from Halifax are averaging $400 - $450 on american airlines and usually milk runs so $560 from Ch'town is good. Especially when you calculate bridge and gas and possibly going to hlfx the nite before.
But if you have been monitoring prices they change often ....

Hopper passes are handy but I agree with young ones 1 park is plenty and you can always upgrade at the gate.
RENT A double stroller, its worth $$$. Even if they don't ride in them all the time.
Keep reading the DIS boards they are awesome :cool1: and ask lots of questions. :thumbsup2

If you can look up flights late at night they do get cheaper lots of times.
Mid week flying is good too, which you are.

Just for clarification:

The above quote would be a non-preferred room, and does not include insurance.

And, ther reason there are a few different prices floating about, some are quoting the Room discount, some are quoting the gift card offer.

You can check all this on Disney's website.

Yes, it was for non preferred room & no insurance. IMO you can get cheaper insurance elsewhere. I don't use WDW insurance.

For OP: Re-reading your post, your CAA TA quoted you just the WDW vacay pkg, $2718 was WDW pkg only with insurance, Basic DDP & Base park tickets, this doesn't incl. the air fare which is quoted seperatley later on.
So no, I don't think this is a good deal. I'd play with the WDW web site, be sure you look under specials. If you just go to the regular quote window, it doesn't bring up the specials. Or phone WDW and get some quotes from them using both promos out now. The discount and or the Winter/Summer discount.

My only experience with booking using CAA, when I asked for a quote it was higher then the one I got from WDW. Not all CAA TA's are familiar with WDW booking. If you are thinking of using a TA, I'd go with one who specialized in WDW booking, there are many: Dreams Unlim., Ears to You,
Mouse Fan, to name a few.

Hi Kim and Roy,

May 19th

May 26th

The $563.00 pp for air is ok out of Charlottetown. If your willing to drive to Maine or NH you can save so much on flights. Southwest out of Manchester, nh is $219.00 pp US all in and it's about 20 more pp for Jet Blue out of Portland, Maine. Oh and they are both direct flights so in both scenarios you are there before noon.

As far as the Disney portion goes - it is best to go on their website and play around with options. Check out the special offers section. Do you want to go to water parks?(definitely do) Disney Quest? more then one park in one day? (not needed is my opinion) - Do you want to go to sit down restaurants or would you rather do just quick service. You could look at moderate resorts too. The special promotions right now gives you a $300 gift card at values or $500 at mods. So you could skip the dining plan and use the gift card for food.

Marcy

Wait a second .., are flights included in the 2718.36USD? I thought they were ... if not .... I would make the drive to Portland

Check out expedia...they have a great deal for May 6-13th if your dates are flexible with direct flights from Halifax. (direct flights are nice with little ones)

Good luck with what ever u find. we lucked out at thanks giving and westjet had kids fly free we managed to pay 3500 everything included for a family of 5! It was crazy cheap and could not pass up the price.

Keep shopping and when u find something pounce. One thing I do strongly reccomend u consider is the quick service dining package, it was great for us, and we weren't tied down to reservations which made our vacay more relaxed. That is just from my experince, I am not a TA or anything. we had 2 quick service meals, and 2 snacks a day, we ended up not using all of our snacks, and taking home 6 rice krispie mickeys and some other special treats!

We are in Halifax..family of 4, staying at the Pop for a week in April, 7 day park pass (water parks, 4 theme parks and hopper), Dining plan (1 qs, 1 table, 1 snack each per person per day)...approx $5400 taxes in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter