1st timer

Goofy DS

Oswald
This will be my first solo trip and I am very anxious about it!

I will be traveling to Fla on business and I get to spend 3 days alone at WDW at the end of my trip.

I have always spent months planning the trips when we go as a family and I'm not sure how to deal with this one?!
Part of me thinks that the slow down and just go with the flow thing will be great, but I'm afraid that it will be depressing not having my family there to share it with!

I had a wonderful WDW vacation nearly 3 years ago as a solo for 10 days. I began to think as the vacation neared that I had made a mistake and was taking too long of a vacation there (I had an 8 day Disney package and then added on 2 days by bidding on Priceline which is nonfundable once bid is accepted). I had a great time. By day 6 I was tired and really began to take it a bit easier the last 4 days and truly relaxed. Did a day at a water park, swam a lot in the pools, woke up late, shopped at the Boardwalk - DTD and various resorts, hit the parks when I wanted and rode favorite rides as much as I could stand. Before I knew it the time flew by and then I was back on the plane home. I still dream of that vacation and have been watching my DVD home movies from that trip as stress relief lately. I went back to WDW with family the year after my solo trip and realized that I wanted more solo trips in the future. You may find that your spoiling yourself on the solo trip.

Don't be afraid to do anything by yourself. I had at least one sitdown meal in the Disney restaurants each day and enjoyed every minute of it. Do those things that you can't do when your family is there. Your going to have a wonderful time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter