1st timer on the cruise

characterbrkfst

Earning My Ears
My wife finally convinced me to give up some time in the parks and take the family on the cruise. Any suggestions on things not to miss. Taking the 3 days cruise leaving on Jan 12th. ::MickeyMo

Go buy the book Passporter's Guide to the Desney Cruise Line.
Check out the cruise boards here on the DIS.
Make reservations at Palo for dinner.
Have fun!

Don't miss the deck parties - sail away, and pirate night.

Also - try to wake up early enough at least once for sunrise pictures. It's also a great opportunity to take pictures of the ship with no other people around.

We will be on that cruise too! This is our first cruise also I am so excited !! I am a bit nervous because I feel like I do not know what to do after being in the parks and at WDW so many times but We thought we would take the plunge too!! See Ya Real Soon!!

Disney Dianne!!

Your time will go very fast on a three day so don't try to do EVERYTHING. We went without any plans so that we didn't feel like we were missing anything. Go to all the diningrooms for dinner, see all of the main shows and RELAX on Castaway Cay! I don't know how old your children are, but let them try the kid clubs. It is always possible that they won't want to leave! If you want to try Palo, plan it for before or after your regular dinner so that your family can still go to the main dining. Just remember that you will miss one of the shows so maybe only do this if your kids are old enough to go the show alone. Just have fun and go without expectations!

Try to get to the Port early so you can board the ship in the first wave to give you more time onboard to explore. The ship is huge and there is so much to see / do ~ it's great to get at least a familiarity of what all there is to do.

Whenever we go to WDW, I have one "rule" and that is to see / do / experience something new every day... and even though we've been to WDW a lot, there is ALWAYS something new to do. Because of that, we know we won't see / do everything because we always want to be sure to have something for "next time." I would say the same thing about cruising (after my whole one time!) -- there are a lot of things I will do next time that I just didn't get to do this time!

Waiting in your room will be your personal navigator which will tell you all the events of the night, take 10 minutes to read it before you start exploring so you will know what you would like to do that evening. By the time you return to your room in the late evening a new Navigator will have been delivered with all the next days activities, study it, mark the things you want to do and then you'll be all set for the next days activities. The kids will have their own navigators with kids activities, so go over them with your kids, and of course you are free to change your mind at the last minute!!
It is all fun, just relax, enjoy and do whatever sounds good to you.
If the kids are th eright ages, The pirate museum in Nassau is a fun place for families to go. It's a 5 minute walk from the ship. Large purple building 2 blocks behind the straw market. The aquarium at Atlantis is fun too.
Have a great time.
mom x4,grandma x4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter