1st time...what tips do you have?

smashing

Mouseketeer
Staying in Fort Wilderness cabins for the first time in September :).

We sold our camping trailer last year but are a family that enjoys the camping atmosphere.

What should be know about FW resort and the cabins? What things should we bring that we wouldn't bring to another resort in DW?

I'm still trying to he my head around camping at Disney LOL

It's more like glamping. I'd bring a flashlight and leave some extra time to enjoy the resort.

If you are staying in the cabins, you really don't need to bring much more than you would if you were staying at any other resort. If you plan on doing all your own cooking, then just your food and maybe some charcoal if you want to grill out. They do have a community camp fire before the movie, so you may want to bring marshmallows. Enjoy your trip.

Treat this the same as if you were going to stay in a condo on the beach. Food and bathing supplies. Maybe some extra towels.

If you are arriving via car, I'd bring bikes and food.

But other than that, it's not really camping.

This goes for all resorts, but bring a power strip. That way all the electronic devices can be recharged in the same place. No searching for outlets in a hotel room or cabin and no searching for where everything was charging in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter