1st time visitor what to do.

Ruana74864

Earning My Ears
What are the DO NOT miss things for each park. Definitely want to buy souvenirs from MGM, MK, EPCOT, and AK. Any suggestions?

Do not miss the nightly fireworks:

Wishes-Magic Kingdom
Illuminations-Epcot

They are breath-taking experiences.

See at least one parade while you are there. Also make sure that you check out the different shows. Don't just concentrate on the rides.

Above all--Don't let anything or anyone get you down. You are at the Happiest Place on Earth!! pixiedust:

Do not miss Fantasmic at MGM, it is amazing! We all loved Soarin at Epcot as well! Have a great time! princess:

I think the first trip to Disney is overwhelming. You want to see as much as possible in a limited amount of time. I would suggest doing one park a day, starting with Magic Kingdom, and then just do/see as much as possible. On your next trip, you'll know what you won't want to do again, and what you'll want to focus on.

Fastpass is key - if you are unsure about what it is - ask here or read-up. It makes things a lot easier. On my first trip - we did a park a day and made it to Downtown Disney, Pleasure Island and Typhoon Lagoon. We were only there 4 days! Try it all out and if you miss something - don't worry - because you can see it next time. My favorities not to miss:

MK: Mickey's Philharmagic and for a first timer the Tea Cups and Small World rides.
AK: It's a Big Life and the Safari.
MGM: Honey I Shrunk the Audience, The Movie Ride is fun too
Epcot: The countries of course! (Go on the ride in Mexico, it's fun and COOL in there!)

Have fun!

Here's things I suggest not to miss!

-Illuminations in Epcot. This is THE BEST show in Disney, hands down.

-Typhoon Lagoon & Blizzard Beach (if you like water parks, that is)
If you only have time to do one, blizzard beach is better.

-Not-to-be-missed-rides:
Epcot: Mission Space, Soarin, Spaceship Earth
MGM: Tower of Terror, Rockin Rollercoaster, Star Tours, Muppet 3D
MK: Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, Pirates of the Carribean (reopens July 1st)
Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, Kilimanjaro Safari

-If you like video games, Disney Quest is really fun

-If you're into nightlife, check out pleasure island

-Best restaurants:
A lot of people really like the restaurants in the world showcase. Make it a point to go to at least one of these during your stay. Mexico's San Angel Inn provides a really cool atmosphere. None of the restaurants exhibit 5-star caliber, but if you're willing to spend more money on your meal, try the California Grill on top of the Contemporary, or the Coral Reef in Epcot. In the MK, the Crystal Palace serves a wonderful buffet, with characters present! But my all-time favorite place to eat in Disney is the Rainforest Cafe (AK & DD).

-Ride on the monorail

-If you're staying at a Disney Resort, set aside an afternoon to check out the Grand Florridean.

-In the MK, take the time to appreciate Mainstreet, as this is where it all started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter