• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st time traveling w/ just carry-ons/SW question

Goofy'sFriend

"Gawrsh"
:confused:
This will be my first trip traveling with just my carry-ons. I will check-in online 24 hrs. ahead for my Southwest flight. When I get to the airport, do I just bypass the front counter and head right through to the security checkpoint?

Also, I am traveling with my DS who is 12, he doesn't need a photo i.d., right?

......and one more ? if someone reading knows the answer.....I read that if you are checked in with ME, you can now bypass that counter and head straight for the queue to the buses. Is that correct? If so, I'm assuming that I'm checked in with ME as they have all my flight info and I've received my documents.

TIA:)

Yes. If you have already printed your boarding passes at home, you can go directly to the security checkpoint.
At the age of 12, your son does not need photo ID. They may ask him his age, but that's it.
Can't help you on the DME question, sorry.

As far as DME goes, you still need to head to the Welcome Center. It's right next to the actual bus queues, so it doesn't require any extra walking. On our last trip, however, we were stopped by a CM at the entrance to the Welcome Center queue and directed to head straight to the bus queues. Other posters have recounted similar recent experiences, but I still see reports of guests checking in at the actual desk.

You still need to head to the ME counter. However, there's a good chance a CM will pull you out of line and tell you to head straight for the bus.

Thanks guys....I knew I'd get a quick response:thumbsup2

I was confused when reading a couple of posts when people mentioned of going right through the queue since they were already registered. I will definitely check in at the desk.

My biggest concern was printing out my boarding passes at home and heading right through to the security checkpoint......never done it this way before. Hopefully my 3-1-1 bag is acceptable.

My family flew on SW last month & when we went through security, the man asked each of my children (7, 12 & 14) to tell him their name. Same thing on the return flight.

Have a great vacation!

Goofy's friend said:
My biggest concern was printing out my boarding passes at home and heading right through to the security checkpoint......never done it this way before. Hopefully my 3-1-1 bag is acceptable.
Do you have a single, clear, one-quart zip top plastic bag?
Is each item you are placing in that bag 3.4 ounces or less?
Is each item clearly marked with its capacity?
Does the bag seal completely?
Can someone looking at the bag without opening it easily see that each item inside complies?

Then you should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter