1st Time to Disney and Overwhelmed!

Herasmus B. Dragon

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I'm new to the site, and new to Disney. We're currently planning our 1st trip ever and are very excited. Although, I must admit, overwhelmed and intimidated.

We were blessed to receive the trip as a gift and was able to customize it to our liking. We never considered Disney as a vacation for our family of 5 (DD3, DS4, & DS9). We always wanted to wait until the baby was at least 6. But when it's Christmas and you open a Disney brochure saying "Take you kids for free") it kind changes EVERYTHING.

So, here we are, planning a trip we never knew we wanted to go on and now can not wait until the moment we leave!

We booked for Spring Break (YIKES, also the week of Good Friday & Easter). That was the ONLY time we could book that was condusive to both mine and my DH's schedules before August, and who wants to wait until August for a free trip!!!!

So, our flight's are booked, our rooms are booked at the POR, and we have MYW tickets with the Dining Option.

Here's my biggest concern! Since my Aunt paid for the trip in full a couple of weeks ago, but named all 5 of us as guests (she's not going), will we have any problems checking in? I know some hotels require to see the credit card used to pay for the trip at check in and I will not have access to her card. Will they need to see that when we try to check in or will they need to talk to her?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much and this site is AWESOME!

Welcome to the Disboards! Your names are on the reservation,so there shouldn't be a problem at check-in. They will ask for any credit card if you want to charge things to your room. Have fun and take your time when your there:thumbsup2 :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

:welcome: to the boards!! What a wonderful gift, you must be very special to your aunt. No problem since the ressies are in your name. They will ask for a credit card to be put on file so, that you may charge back to your room and they can charge you for ph usage etc. Pretty standard as in any hotel, and if you do have any charges you can always pay cash when you leave and have your credit card credited. Have a 'magical' time!!0

Welcome to the DIS boards!! :wave2: Your first time to WDW!! How exciting! :woohoo: :cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :dance3: I know that planning a WDW trip can be overwhelming, but just take the planning step by step. If you haven't already done so, get a good WDW guide book. I recommend the Unofficial Guide to WDW. That book (and the DIS boards) really helped me out a lot when we went to WDW last November. As far as the hotel situation is concerned....I'm sure that there won't be a problem. If you want to be completely sure, you should call the hotel before you get there and ask them. I hope you and your family have a wonderful time on your trip! :wizard:

Welcome!!! :cool1:
I'm new too, but have found so much fantastic information on these boards. You will love it. Ask lots of questions - there are so many wonderful folks here willing to help you out with your planning!!!
Have a wonderful trip and Enjoy!

Hi,

I see others have answered your question, so...

It will be very busy when you are there... have you made Advance Dining Reservations (ADR)? Also, check park hours for the Extra Magic Hours (EMH) and plan to take afternoon breaks back at the resort, for a swim and or naps.

Have a great trip and remember me to your Aunt!

I know exactly how you feel - there is so much info to take in!!!

Thanks to everyone who has already been so helpful :)

Make your ADR's now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, with your kids ages, try to go to Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary for breakfast. It is a great character dining experience and you get a lot of time with the characters.

You wont have a credit card issue but you might have to present photo ids or driver licenses

As others have said, you should not have any problems checking in. I wanted to add a bit of information about Easter week. We went last year over Easter and it was very, very crowded. I'm not trying to scare you, just want you to be aware, and want you to plan around the crowds. Since you are staying on property, you will be able to take advantage of the extra magic hours - use them! The morning EMH is the best time to get on the busiest rides. You will be able to do so much in that first hour, believe me. Also, some resorts offer Easter activities, so check with the front desk when you check in. The parks don't really do anything for Easter, but MK had Mr. & Mrs. Easter Bunny there Sat & Sun. Also, since it is a holiday week, the parks will be open late, so if you can stay up, take advantage of the evening EMH - MK was open until 3:00am. Also, you can start saving for your trip by buying Disney Dollars for you and the kids. You can let them earn Disney Dollars from now until your trip and encourage relatives to give them as gifts. As others have also said, get some planning books and decide what attractions are ones you really want to see. Because this is your first trip, you may be tempted to try to do it all, but you can't, so don't try. As many others have found out, that will only make you stressed. Try to do as much as you can, but once you're there, you will start planning your next trip back. In the afternoons, when the parks are most crowded, go back to your resort for a swim or break, then head back to the parks for evening. Make sure you check out the fireworks and parades at the parks. If you haven't already done so, make sure you make your dining reservations asap. Continue to read up on the dis boards - there's a wealth of information here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter