1st time staying onsite in 8 years - help!

disneyrella

Earning My Ears
So much has changed! Signature Restaurants! What is this "Hollywood" Studios (can I still call it MGM?) Dining plans - yikes!

Can someone help me with some questions? We will be going at the beginning of December.

1. I see Le Cellier is no longer offered for the CP Package. I was thinking of Chefs de France or Tutto Italia. Can someone share insight on either of these restaurants -- or any others? We have already tried both Restaurant Marrakesh and the buffet at Akershus, though I see the latter is no longer offered for the CP package, too. (Is 5pm still a good time to book dinner for the 8:15 CP show?)

2. We're looking at grabbing a QS meal either before or after seeing the Osbourne Lights. Our choices are either something at HS or Captain Cook's at the Polynesian. Thoughts? I've seen both good and bad things about Fairfax Fair and the ABC Commissary.

Many thanks -- so excited!

So much has changed! Signature Restaurants! What is this "Hollywood" Studios (can I still call it MGM?) Dining plans - yikes!

Can someone help me with some questions? We will be going at the beginning of December.

1. I see Le Cellier is no longer offered for the CP Package. I was thinking of Chefs de France or Tutto Italia. Can someone share insight on either of these restaurants -- or any others? We have already tried both Restaurant Marrakesh and the buffet at Akershus, though I see the latter is no longer offered for the CP package, too. (Is 5pm still a good time to book dinner for the 8:15 CP show?)

2. We're looking at grabbing a QS meal either before or after seeing the Osbourne Lights. Our choices are either something at HS or Captain Cook's at the Polynesian. Thoughts? I've seen both good and bad things about Fairfax Fair and the ABC Commissary.

1) Le Cellier may be offering it for lunch, they did last year. I don't know much about the CP packages themselves though to be able to even suggest other options (e.g. I simply don't know what restaurants other than LC, Chefs, Biergarten, GG (I think?), and Coral Reef even participate)

2) I don't know this either. I don't particularly enjoy most QS outside of the standard burgers and such.

Wow, that was real helpful wasn't it! Hopefully someone that actually knows something will be by shortly to give you more than part of a part of an answer ;).

Thanks Cafeen - it's always good to get insight! :)

One other question (!!) is what they are calling ADRs the same as what were the old Priority Seating (PS)?

I hate calling it Hollywood Studios too! :rotfl2: I have no info on CP, but I can help with No. 2.

None of the CS in DHS is very good. :crazy2: I would take the boat to Beach Club and try Beaches and Cream after Osbourne Lights. It's technically a TS place, but it doesn't accept ADRs. Capt. Cook's is good too, but if you're going to be at DHS, why not take advantage of what the Epcot resort area has to offer?

Thanks Cafeen - it's always good to get insight! :)

One other question (!!) is what they are calling ADRs the same as what were the old Priority Seating (PS)?

Yes, ADRs are the new PS. :goodvibes

Last year LC did lunch only for cp since it is a signature for dinner. Les Chfes is very good.

December is pretty crazy so I would not try to go all the way to Poly for dinner.

Sci fi or 50's is pretty reasonable if can swing it. Food is good at both.

Thank you missyrose and Mikey'sWife! missyrose, I love the idea of eating at Beach Club or EPCOT after Osbourne Lights -- tons more options!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter