1st time Sea World Quess

scooz2

Earning My Ears
Hello. My family and I just got the Fun Card for Sea World for the upcoming year. If anyone can help answer these questions or give other pointers, I would appreciate it!!!
1. What are the least crowded months or days of the week to go to SW?
2. Any close hotels to SW that offer a shuttle?
3. Is buying the all day dining truly worth it?
4. Any other tips for SW or the Fun Card?

thank you so much!

Hello. My family and I just got the Fun Card for Sea World for the upcoming year. If anyone can help answer these questions or give other pointers, I would appreciate it!!!

thank you so much!
I've only been to Sea World once, but we had all day dining and it was worth it. We were Busch Gardens Williamsburg Pass holders for many years and all day dining is a steal at those parks, with good food and snacks to be able to just try everything throughout the day for $40 is as good a deal as you're going to find.

Having said that it's a waste if you're going during one of the food festivals because you can't use them at those booths and the festivals - at least in BGW - rival those of EPCOT.

thank you so much!
Generally, weekdays will be less crowded than weekends. We’ve been in June and October and experienced this both times. In October the crowd difference was even more pronounced. We went on a Sunday and wait times and crowds were very high. Went back on Tuesday and lines were non existent and rode all the headliners multiple times. The only difference is there will be less showtimes for the animal attractions on less crowded days.

If you find a nearby hotel which doesn't have a shuttle, you can check the Uber or Lyft app to see what a ride might cost.

I stayed at Rosen Plaza for a convention and Ubered to Sea World. Seven minutes, $9.00 plus tip. I liked the hotel because there was a CVS right across the parking lot, so you could get snacks, sunscreen, toiletries, etc.

Prior to covid, the slow times were when EPCOT had festivals.
After NYE til about Valentine's.
After Spring break til schools let out.
When school goes back into session.
Between Thanksgiving and Christmas week.
Now, weekends are pretty much the same it seems and early arrival is required.
Weekdays vary, we've walked on to all the SW/BG rides this year a few times.
We generally eat at Sharks, festival kiosks or dine with animals as AP discounts make it very reasonable. So we've never done all day dining.
Ubering may be cheaper than paying parking if there isn't a shuttle.

Hilton Grand Vacations at Seaworld is walkable, and there's also the iDrive trolley that goes right past Seaworld. I think the trolley passes are cheap; way cheaper than parking. We get 1 annual pass (silver level or higher) and the rest FunCards so we have parking and discounts. Weekdays are much less busy, though we've found not all of the rides are open all the time during the week.

If you want to do all day dining, get it before midnight while it's still on sale as part of their Black Friday sales. For $29.99 it's very much worth it (it is 40% off right now, normally $49.99). You do not need to pick a date for the all day dining.

Also concur with the above, that it isn't worthwhile on a day you're doing food booths and that the food booths are excellent.

There are also some fun tours on sale now for half price, if you happen to know what days you'd be going. You can cancel for a refund if you change your mind, but you can't switch the dates and keep the sale pricing (based on my experience in 2021). Also some fun looking tours at BG on sale through midnight.

don't get too hung up over e hotel with a shuttle .....

we stayed at a hotel with a shuttle last time and while they DID have one, it ran only 4 times during the entire time SW was open ....... we did not bother to use it preferring freedom to choose our times to come and go . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter