• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st Time HHN Decision

eliezra

Mouseketeer
We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 teens) staying at PBH Thur, Oct 25 - Tue, Oct 30. I am trying to decide between getting the FF pass without EP, or, 1 night ticket with EP. We could go for 3 nights for $350 less than 1 night with EP.

We would like to see as many houses as possible, but likely wouldn't go to them more than once. If we would not get to see all the houses, we would be ok with that too.

If we went 1 night - we would get to park before closing and try to stay as late as possible - we could likely make it until midnight.

If we went 3 nights, it would look like this:
  • Thursday - arrive around 8pm until midnight(ish). Would any of the houses have 30 min. waits between 8m - midnight? What if we could stay until close?
  • Friday - likely just walk around and take in the show. The lines for the houses will be too long I am guessing.
  • Sunday - arrive before park opening until midnight(ish).
Any thoughts or advice to help me make a decision that will provide the best experience would be appreciated!

I've done several years without EP - EP will cut your time in half from what I understand - but you will still wait.
I am thinking about EP this year - but it is an extra $200 on top of the ROF ticket per person

I'd probably recommend multiple nights so you can walk trough and enjoy it without overdoing it - If you have day tickets and do stay and scream and you can get quite a bit done and an extra $350 is always nice

I cant speak specifically to the weekend you are going - so people who have been there that weekend may have a different opinion

Morning eliezra :wave2:

The Frequent Fear Pass would only cover Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday. The Frequent Fear Plus would cover all HHN nights including Friday. The the Ultimate Frequent Fear Pass would cover all nights including Saturday.

Make sure to purchase the Pass that best fits your needs so your can enjoy as many nights as you want during the time your there.

There are some options to make your experience more cost effective. Everyone has to be comfortable with the amount money they allocate for their trips.

1. If you don’t buy EP. On your first full day of HHN be in Universal Studios before it closes at 5 pm. The map of the 10 Houses and 5 Scare Zones is on the Universal Orlando site. Go to a stay and scream area that is nearest the Houses you want to see first. You will be released from the Stay and Scream area to get to some houses while others are waiting to get in at the gate.

2. Weekends during HHN are busy....lines are long and people who do not want to stand in very long lines will pay the cost of the EP for one night......I noted EP lines were getting longer last year on weekend.

3. Look into the cost of RIP TOUR for your family....this is a tour that would get you and your family to the front of the line to visit all the Houses in one night....go online and cost out this option....it is well worth the money if you have a limited amount of time......you would need the HHN ticket for the night......plus the cost of your RIP TOUR.

No matter what you choose have a great time....you will love HHN.

Last edited:
Thanks Robo! I agree with you, I think we will fall in love with HHN! just looked at a RIP Tour for our dates and it is $250/pp. With 4 in our group, it is a little too rich for our blood. Maybe a private tour of 10-12 would be cheaper??

Call VIP Tours and find out the cost for your various dates

If you add others to your core group of 4, this could bring down individual cost for you

The person that books a private tour pays for it at that time

Up to you to add peeps to cut back some of the costs you paid out

If you have 3 nights for hhn, you should be able to cover everything during the time you are there

Hit some houses each night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter