• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

1st time cruiser -need a little help

Earning my ears

Mouseketeer
I'm taking my daughter's family on our 1st cruise, on the Disney DREAM, next year in April. The kids are old enough for the Vibe and Edge. Do you arrange for them to participate before the cruise (filling out forms)? or the 1st day on the Cruise can we go to the Vibe and Edge rooms-check them out and sign the kids up? I'm not sure what we are suppose to do for the older kids.

We are stopping in Nassau. I've seen you can do Atlantis by renting a room at the Comfort Suites? Has anyone done this? How much is a taxi there? Any problems? How soon did you rent the room etc.. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance:-)

I'm taking my daughter's family on our 1st cruise, on the Disney DREAM, next year in April. The kids are old enough for the Vibe and Edge. Do you arrange for them to participate before the cruise (filling out forms)? or the 1st day on the Cruise can we go to the Vibe and Edge rooms-check them out and sign the kids up? I'm not sure what we are suppose to do for the older kids.

We are stopping in Nassau. I've seen you can do Atlantis by renting a room at the Comfort Suites? Has anyone done this? How much is a taxi there? Any problems? How soon did you rent the room etc.. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance:-)
For Edge & Vibe, they have a pre-printed list of those eligible onboard. The first visit, they check in and they're good to go.

Our DD loved Vibe. We took her during the Open House when we boarded - after lunch and before muster drill. We got to tour the club, which was awesome, get her signed in and get her room key swapped out (you have to have a Vibe key to get in the club, and the same key will open your room and if it has charging priveleges, those transfer too). The counselors during the open house made it a point to tell DD to come after dinner the first night as they would plan the itinerary for the cruise then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter