1st time Cruiser do's and dont's

1st time cruising, want to make the most of our (me and DD 12) 3 night Disney cruise on the Dream. Please reply with the do's and dont's.:mickeyjum

I would also love to hear the answer to this question from some DCL "veterans". Although we are doing a 5-night on the Dream wee still feel like it's not enough time and we want to make the most of everything.:cheer2:

DO:
- ride the aqua duck
- see the new believe show
- the midship detective search
- walk around castaway cay - the island is beautiful, excursions here are also nice.
- order room service at least once, if you have a verandah this is nice each morning for breakfast in the room, or if you want to order cookies to have on hand for a snack.

DON'T:
- Waste time just watching a regular movie you could see back home - since you are only on there for 3 days do some other things that you can only do on the ship.
- since you have a 12 yo I am assuming you want to do things together. So skip the spa and obviously the adult only areas.

Another consideration:
If you are also stopping at Nassau, this is always our least favorite port, we never even get off at Nassau anymore. If you have never been there you might want to get off the ship and see it but to be honest if you are not going to the Atlantis resort there isn't much to see, so i may only take you an hour to walk around and then go back to the ship. And since once again you are only doing a 3 night, consider just taking the Nassau day and explore the ship.

These are just some of the things that come to mind.

I have read quite a few posts from people saying Nassau is their least favorite and to stay on the ship.

Does that include the excursions as well, or just walking around the island shopping and such?

1st time cruising, want to make the most of our (me and DD 12) 3 night Disney cruise on the Dream. Please reply with the do's and dont's.:mickeyjum

First of all, don't be like me. :lmao:

Don't stress yourself out, you can't do everything, or even most things. Get ahold of recent navagators for your trip and engage yourself in some very effective day dreams about how you would like your trip to play itself out.

Have some plans, but be willing to go with the flow.

Know (and plan for the fact) that you will probably be exhausted afterwards. This could be just me, but I was astonished how tired we all were after the cruise.

Have a great time, and take lots of pictures!

Katherine

I have read quite a few posts from people saying Nassau is their least favorite and to stay on the ship.

Does that include the excursions as well, or just walking around the island shopping and such?

I would say that most people find better islands to walk around and shop. I know that we do. As far as excursions they can be fun but it would depend on what your party likes to do, shop, sightseeing, sit on the beach.

One unique thing about Nassau is the Atlantis resort, if that is your sort of thing, they have a nice aquarium, up-scale shopping, nice water park, gambling, etc. I would also say that depending on your comfort level you can take a taxi to atlantis and yourself and do all the activities there, instead of booking an excursion. Also some people feel more comfortable booking excursions through DCL and it gives you some security in that if there is a problem or something gets cancelled DCL will handle it.

A lot of people talk about the straw market at Nassau as a must see, but to be honest it really isn't that exciting and it gets tiresome seeing the same generic tourist souvenirs.

But if you have never been to Nassau then getting off the ship to experience it is reasonable. But after your first time there I think you will find most cruisers just stay on the ship after that.

thanks for the response, so helpful. I think DD will love to see Atlantis and Nassau since never been, we can check it off the bucket list.:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter