1st time at PO French Quarter

jesiscooldad

Earning My Ears
We have stayed numerous other location on Disney Properties. We try and stay somewhere different everytime but we don't know hardly anything about this resort other than it is moderate. What can you tell us that will help us be prepared and get the most our of our vacation in September.

Any ideas are appreciated,

We LOVE this resort. It is nice, quite and laid back. When we were there the resort was at 90% capacity but you never would have known. Our DD is 11 and she loved the pool and the slide. We enjoyed having the option of the bus or the boat to DTD. I think we opted for the boat everytime we went. We had a waterview on the first floor of building 6 and enjoyed it. One evening we went over to POR and took a carrige ride, I think it as $35 and it was very nice. It is just a lovely resort, the smallest of all the moderates. The rooms are fine for a nice size, we are a family of 3.
The only thing negative I have to say is I am a pretty health concious eater and I, not the rest of my family, got a little tired of the food at the food court. I think we only ate about 3-4 CS meals there on afternoon breaks but I didn't think the selection for CS meals was all that great. I thought the courtyard at ASMo had a better selection but that was just my opinion. The rest of the family loved the food.
You will love it there...enjoy!

my fiancee and i will be spending our honeymoon here in december. this is our first time there and at disney together. :)

Congradulations we started 15 years ago celebrating our honeymoon at the Grand Floridian. It was more of how they made us feel by being excited for us. I know the experience was nearly perfect and I wish that your is equal or better than celebration.

Let us know,

We absolutely love POFQ!!!:love: We stayed at the AKL two years ago
and it was just way to spread out. POFQ is so nice and relaxing. We love the boat to DTD also. We like the fact we are the first ones to be picked up
by disney transportation and the first ones to get dropped off. The
theme throughout this resort is very cheerful. LOVE IT,LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
We are going back to POFQ March 15-20th, 2008.

POFQ is my favorite moderate. It is small and wll organized. Everything is convenient - the food court, the pool, the bus stops.
I love the themeing it is very romantic.
It is the first bus stop on in the morning and the first to be dropped off at night. The busses can get crowded, but that is true anywhere on property.
Have a great trip.

I agree POFQ is great...going back in 2 weeks:cool1:

Every room is a good location.....Place is small and nicely landscaped...

At the food court don't miss the beneigts....but get them HOT....yumm....

The lounge has live music from wed-sat...I think....

Boat to DTD marketplace....another boat will take you to west side....
A different boat will take you to POR if you want.

You are 1st on and off the bus with a seat....dosen't really matter
how crowded it gets....you'll be sitting;)
Enjoy
Kerri

We'll be staying at POFQ for the 1st time in Sept as well :goodvibes . Looking very much forward to it. With 2 young children, I think the part I'm most excited about is the size of this resort.

Oh, and don't forget it has it's own bus stop at MK in the evening. You can hear the music of Illuminations from the bus stop. Though most of the fireworks is blocked by the trees. I paid for a water view the first time, I won't do that again. It's better to be closer to the bus stop, pool and food court. It's a quiet resort no matter where you stay.

:thumbsup2 We absolutely LOVE this resort! The size of the property is just right...everything is close, yet it is still very peaceful and quiet. The rooms are also great! We have stayed at all of the mods except CSR and so far POFQ is our favorite! We would not hesitate to return again!

POFQ is wonderful, I don't think you will be disappointed. I agree, its not worth paying for the water view, the last time I did that we were close to the pool (we could hear the noise) but because of the shrubs we couldnt actually see it. The bus situation is great and we have never had to wait long. My only problem is if you are driving dont expect help with your luggage. The resort is beautiful, and the boat to downtown disney is great. Have a great trip.:) :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter