• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st time at BWV? Requests?

butsy113

AKV Owner
We are booked into a 2bd pool/garden view at BWV for the two nights following our cruise. I waitlisted a Boardwalk view. It will be DH, DD11, DS13, and myself. We have never stayed at BWV before. We will be walking into EP and HS during our stay. We also plan to explore the resort and spend time at the pool. Are there any requests I should make? Is there anything I need to know about BWV? TIA!! We are excited to stay at BWV!!

Will you have a car? I think it makes a difference if you want a short walk to it.

The only suggestions I have are to bring some salt and pepper if you think you'll be eating in the room at all, check out the dvc member website for the grocery request form -- it will give you an idea of what is available in the sundry store, and consider just how much you're willing to walk to your room. I, personally, don't mind being far away from the elevators as it gets me away from any noise (elevators are near the lobby, and the area where deliveries are made, etc.) and close enough to a stairwell that I can use to get outside. But there are no stairwells that open to the Boardwalk, so you might have to walk around the resort a bit to get to the Boardwalk area. And a lot of people, after spending a day walking in the theme park(s), see a long hallway to walk to get to their room and they just want to sit down and stop right there. :-)

First avoid the Pizza window on the boardwalk, worse...pizza...ever.
While the walk to EP is about 5 minutes (depending on whose doing the walking), the walk to HS is just over a mile and can take some time if you have slow walkers in the group. Not so bad in the morning but after a long day you may consider taking a boat back.
There are performers on the boardwalk at night, the shows are short and there only a few times a night. While they're entertaining I wouldn't go out of my way to see them.
Love the pool area though our family fights over the best part. Our kids love the slide, my wife and I the Leaping Horse (I recommend the Ultimate Long Island Ice Tea).
The store in the lobby is small and only has basic snacks and sundries, I usually avoid it and go to the Screen Door General Store on the boardwalk, much better selection.

We like to put in "close to elevator", but that's hard to get. BWV is confusing the first time. The hallways are long, but not straight, and branch off several times. There's only 1 set of elevators but multiple stairs...tho i did get myself confused after going down the stairs once...went the wrong direction :goodvibes.

If you get a room way out towards one of the ends, it may be quicker to walk to HS or walk to the Swan/Dolphin to catch the boat.

We like to request mid-hallway. If you get it, it's not such a long either way. You would wind up near the main pool, behind/next to the slide, or by the quiet pool. Hope you like your first stay at the BWV!

We like to request mid-hallway.
:thumbsup2 Great tip. I'll bet those get fulfilled more often.

Another factor is what time of year you're going and whether you'll be in the room resting during afternoon hours. You may want to request near the quite pool. The main pool can get quite loud. In the afternoon.

We were at the very end of hallway on the ground floor, farthest from the elevators. There was an exit toward the buses that made for a very short walk. There was an exit toward the close parking lot, which was also a short walk. That same exit was along the walkway to Hollywood Studios, so it was a shorter walk, too. And, we walked the long hallways inside to get to the main building before walking to Epcot. Strangely, that farthest-out room seemed ideal for getting around.

We were at the very end of hallway on the ground floor, farthest from the elevators. There was an exit toward the buses that made for a very short walk. There was an exit toward the close parking lot, which was also a short walk. That same exit was along the walkway to Hollywood Studios, so it was a shorter walk, too. And, we walked the long hallways inside to get to the main building before walking to Epcot. Strangely, that farthest-out room seemed ideal for getting around.

This would be quiet pool area. Ideal if you have a car. I was on the other end last fall, I took the steps and caught the bus or boat at the Swan.

Thanks for all the suggestions! We will be there September 11-13 and will not have a car. We plan to do Epcot, HS, and sprinkle the pool in between. We can't wait to try the clown slide! We don't mind walking, when we stay at BCV we usually walk to HS and ride the boat back. All I ever hear about is the long hallways, so I have been unsure of what to do. Is there a floor plan of BWV anywhere?

We were just there and stayed on the villas side for the first time. If you are used to walking to HS from BCV, the hallways won't be that bad at all. Room 3051 (or any room ending in 51, is just on the corner of the boardwalk and village green, pretty much across from the boat landing, above the art gallery) has a stairwell to the main village green area, very convenient walk to the boardwalk and pool, which you can walk through to get to the HS walkway. Rooms ending in 01 are closest to the Jelly Rolls end and rooms ending in the 30's are above the store area. We've only stayed in the BW view, 1 BR rooms, so this is all I know, but it might help with the layout.

Other than that, when we stayed on the Inn side, with a stroller, the hallways were a PITA, mainly because to get to the main elevator or lobby, you had to take a separate elevator before even getting on the elevator to get to your room. Other than that, again, if HS walk is no big deal, the hallways really won't be that bad for you.

As we are normally in 1br standard, we ask for "near the tennis courts". This ensures that we are very close to the tennis, quiet pool, community hall, buses and the walkway to DHS. We find it easier (and nicer) to exit there and walk through the pool areas to get to the Boardwalk rather than walking down all the corridors. We are back again in a few weeks time - can't wait, we just love BWV.

Thanks for all the suggestions! We will be there September 11-13 and will not have a car. We plan to do Epcot, HS, and sprinkle the pool in between. We can't wait to try the clown slide! We don't mind walking, when we stay at BCV we usually walk to HS and ride the boat back. All I ever hear about is the long hallways, so I have been unsure of what to do. Is there a floor plan of BWV anywhere?

Granny's photo:
BWVRoomViews.jpg

Room map:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/courtesy-of-shamus-bwv-villa-locations-by-view.2931467/

Perfect thanks! I had looked at the link, but couldn't place where the rooms were at the resort. This really helped me put it together . Much appreciated!!!

It also answered one of my questions, I was wondering where the 5th floor standard view rooms were (the ones that are currently being renovated).

Yay!! My waitlist came through for a 2 bedroom Boardwalk view!!! Is there anything I should request with a boardwalk view?? I'm so excited to stay there :)

Yay!! My waitlist came through for a 2 bedroom Boardwalk view!!! Is there anything I should request with a boardwalk view?? I'm so excited to stay there :)
Top floor. My biggest fear is getting the one right on the boardwalk next to Jellyrolls. People walking by all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter