1st time 2 disney world

wdisney_2006

Earning My Ears
We are going in August and it will be our 1st time. We are staying at Fort Wilderness. We will be there for a week. I am bringing my whole family. Does anyone have any tips for first timers going. :bounce:

My first time to Disney was in September on my honeymoon....the best advice I can give you......don't try to rush everything into your first trip..take your time and enjoy yourself! DH and I are going back in May to celebrate our anniversary....then we are going again in September this year!

August will be HOT in Florida, so make sure you drink lots of water to keep hydrated!

Do you have a map of the sites? You may want to be in a certain area to be close to a bus stop, pool, store, Pioneer Hall, etc. Having a bicycle was fun. Take the boat to MK.

wdisney_2006 said:
We are going in August and it will be our 1st time. We are staying at Fort Wilderness. We will be there for a week. I am bringing my whole family. Does anyone have any tips for first timers going. :bounce:
Depending on how much family you're bringing you may want to split up and meet up for a meal each day. I just got back and we had about 15 that went. We split up each morning and did things that each wanted to do without holding up the others. Then at supper time we got together to eat and share what we did. It was great. Have a great time!!!

Go to your local bookstore and pick up a Disney Planning Book. There are quite a few to chose from. I like THE PASSPORTER. Buy it now, read it and get an idea what is ahead for your trip.

Check out the DINING. Call and book your ADR's. Esp if you have a large # of people going. That is IMPORTANT.

Check out any character dining meals. Those are quite popular and fill up quickly. Check out any TOURS you may want to do as well.

The Hoop-de-doo Review is at Pioneer Hall at FW and that is a BLAST. That would be an awesome way to kick off your week by having dinner there to START!!!

I believe the 1st thing is to GO EARLY when the park opens!! You wont believe how many people will be there around noon. Go the rides when the parade is going, and have a really long lunch in a air-conditioned place when it is really hot.

Jjimmiej is absolutely correct about the Unofficial Disneyworld guide book. It's the very best in my opinion. I read about 5 books(at least) and it was the best!!

Welcome to the DIS!!! Rent a golf cart they are a lot of fun.

We used the Unoffical Guide. It saved us a lot of time. :thumbsup2 . Remember to pace yourself and enjoy the Magic of the Kingdom pixiedust:

Have a Disney Day

John

:wave:

We went in the middle of August and it was hot!!! Make use of the water parks or pools at the resort. We did not stay on the property b/c my husband was on a business trip and we only had 2 days to spend in Disney. This go round we are staying on the grounds for convience. Also, drink lots of water and wear sunscreen. You will have a blast. All I can say is PLAN, PLAN and plan, even if you get there and the plan goes out the window and you just go with the flow, at least you will have a plan. I will make index cards of each park with what date we are going there and what are MUST see's at that park along with exactly which resturants we will eat at. Make ADR's ahead of time. Have fun and enjoy the magic.

Tegra89 said:
Depending on how much family you're bringing you may want to split up and meet up for a meal each day. I just got back and we had about 15 that went. We split up each morning and did things that each wanted to do without holding up the others. Then at supper time we got together to eat and share what we did. It was great. Have a great time!!!
Well there is only 6 of us

make sure you use your photo pass !!!! i wish we would have used thm more!!! i planned on buying the cd anyway for 99.00 i didnt realize how cute the pics come out.....so use the photopass people in every park you go too!!! and ask them to take extra pictures..... and if you forget your photopass card you can get another one and they will link them all together at the end of your trip..... i had 3 cards...... and ended up with 39 pics. vicki

First-timer said:
make sure you use your photo pass !!!! i wish we would have used thm more!!! i planned on buying the cd anyway for 99.00 i didnt realize how cute the pics come out.....so use the photopass people in every park you go too!!! and ask them to take extra pictures..... and if you forget your photopass card you can get another one and they will link them all together at the end of your trip..... i had 3 cards...... and ended up with 39 pics. vicki

Where do you find the photo pass? :confused3

wdisney_2006 said:
Where do you find the photo pass? :confused3

THEY ARE IN ALL THE PARKS. The first Park you go in to you will see PHOTOGRAPHERS lined up. They will take your picture and GIVE YOU A PHOTOPASS card to take and give to EVERY subsequent photographer you see from MGM to AK to EPCOT to MK!!

TAKE AS MANY AS YOU CAN. At the end of your stay, you can download all the pictures to a CD for $99.00.

momrek06 said:
THEY ARE IN ALL THE PARKS. The first Park you go in to you will see PHOTOGRAPHERS lined up. They will take your picture and GIVE YOU A PHOTOPASS card to take and give to EVERY subsequent photographer you see from MGM to AK to EPCOT to MK!!

TAKE AS MANY AS YOU CAN. At the end of your stay, you can download all the pictures to a CD for $99.00.

ALSO, if anyone in your party brings a LAPTOP with you...you can see all the PICTURES each evening from your laptop. They will give you a ID # to use to view the photos. The ID # is on the PPCard.

Online the photos are all 5x7 and are $12.95 EACH. If you OPT for the CD you will be given a RELEASE with the CD to be able to go to any CVS, WALGREENS, WALMART and make the photos yourself.
If you chose to just BUY them ONLINE at Photopass.com, they are $12.95 per photo.
BIG SAVINGS TO FILL THE PHOTOPASS with a ton of pictures. AND buy the CD.
The CD is only available in EPCOT or TOONTOWN MICKEY or GF!!!

My son just returned. He had 40 pictures on the CD and printed multiples at WAL-GREENS. Big savings.

wdisney_2006 said:
any kind of photos?

NO not any kind!!! Good question...this does NOT mean the souvenir photos from all the WDW rides. Those you have to buy right at the actual ride...i.e. Splash Mtn., RnRC, ToT...etc

But the PHOTOPASS is for the PARKS. ANY TIME AT ALL, ANY TIME, I mean even if it is 10 x a day....if you see a Photographer ask them to take your picture. Have them take pics of each child (alone), the entire group, DH & DW (alone)..all over the PARKS. They are all around most of the BIGGER attractions like MK Castle, MK Main Street, MGM Sorceriers HAT, MGM ToT...you will see them all equipped with their cameras and ID's!!! :teeth:

AND remember to :teeth: :teeth:

Extra Magic Hours: Morning- Selected parks will open 1 hour before the 'actual' park opening time and allows on-site resort guests only.
Evening-Selected parks will stay open up until 3 hours after park closing for on-site resort guests only.

1. Have Fun and stay clam. The lines for the rides may be long but trust me they are worth it!

Have A Magical Time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter