1st Solo Trip to WDW Next Year...however....

Grimbold

Earning My Ears
The trip to WDW I am not bothered about. Plenty to do there to amuse myself with (will post up about possible meets nearer the time -will be there for F&W 2015).

Will be my 1st solo hol anywhere (apart from a charity walk up Ben Nevis - I'm a Brit ;) and met fantastic people on it)

However I am thinking of changing it a bit. Possibly shortening the WDW part or extending that actual length of trip to include DCL.

Now here is the bit I am possibly umming and ahhing about.

I have been on the DCL before with DS. Loved it, but everyone seemed to be with friends and family. Don;t think I saw any solo's there (but wasn't really looking out for to see who was with who etc)

So my question to you all - What are DCLs lie for Solo's? What are your experiences when travelling solo on DCL?

Thanks in advance - Neil

I just did a solo cruise on the Dream. As with any solo trip, it depends on your expectations-I was looking for a relaxing cruise to the Bahamas with a Disney touch-it was perfect. Like WDW, no one knows you are traveling solo unless you tell them. With one exception-dinner...DCL seats you with others-there were three other solo females on my cruise and we were seated together for dinner. The only problem is now I will want to end every Disney trip with a Disney Cruise...

I've been on 2 DCL cruises solo and my third is coming up in September - I guess you could say I enjoy myself!
First cruise I enjoyed conversations with my DCL assigned tablemate comparing the excursions we'd done during the day and we also spent time together on Castaway Cay.
Second cruise I met people via the DISboard meet and it was like cruising with folks I'd known for years! Well, that cruise was scheduled so far in advance it probably was at least a year! lol I'm still friends with some of them and we're planning a cruise to Alaska next year.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that you don't need to worry - you won't stand out as being alone. There's plenty to do!

I just did a solo cruise on the Dream. As with any solo trip, it depends on your expectations-I was looking for a relaxing cruise to the Bahamas with a Disney touch-it was perfect. Like WDW, no one knows you are traveling solo unless you tell them. With one exception-dinner...DCL seats you with others-there were three other solo females on my cruise and we were seated together for dinner. The only problem is now I will want to end every Disney trip with a Disney Cruise...

I've been on 2 DCL cruises solo and my third is coming up in September - I guess you could say I enjoy myself!
First cruise I enjoyed conversations with my DCL assigned tablemate comparing the excursions we'd done during the day and we also spent time together on Castaway Cay.
Second cruise I met people via the DISboard meet and it was like cruising with folks I'd known for years! Well, that cruise was scheduled so far in advance it probably was at least a year! lol I'm still friends with some of them and we're planning a cruise to Alaska next year.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that you don't need to worry - you won't stand out as being alone. There's plenty to do!

Thank you. I suppose dinner was the man thing. Didn't realise that they put you with other solos which is cool.

I have done solo cruises on DCL many times. There are great threads here on the DIS where you can meet people that will be on your sailing before you go. I have even managed to get seated with some that we got chatting before the cruise. It is great fun to go as a single and be able to do what you want when you want and then also have some people to grab a drink or go to a show if you want. Use the DIS Boards to their fullest and you can make the cruise an awesome experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter