1st Post

Evan2103

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone,

This is my first time posting on the boards.
I'm a soon to be Disney Dad (DD). I got to take my wife on her first trip to Disney this past Feb. I have no idea if she enjoyed it, man I hope so. I forgot to say I am a Disneyaholic. I love being there, but unable to go every year. Anyways Just wanted to introduce myself and can't wait to take my first child (Daughter) to Disney and make her an amazing Princess. 1 question.

What is the best/reasonable age to take a DD on her first trip. I don't want to do it very early cause I want her to remember her first trip, and still be able to do some of the adult rides?

My mom took my brother and I to Disneyland when we were 7 and 5 respectively. I don't remember much from that trip. So if you want her to remember the trip, I'd say at least that age or older.

But I think it can be part of the magic for parents to experience a Disney trip with smaller kids.

I went on my first trip when I was four and I actually remember a fair amount considering how young I was. If you want to take her on more than one trip when she's growing up, I'd say first trip around 3 or 4 to experience it through such a small child's eyes and then again around 8. I agree with the above poster that part of the experience for parents (and kids) is when they go when they are so young that it seems so "real" to them (not that it doesn't seem real to us grown ups too! :yo-yo:) I went several times when I was a child (ages 4, 6, 13, and 14 to Walt Disney World and age 15 to Disneyland) and at each age it is a entirely different experience. For parents who can only do one trip in their child's entire childhood I usually recommend around 8, but if you can afford to do a trip maybe every four years or so I'd say go with age 3 or 4, then 7 or 8, then 11 or 12, then 15 or 16. A child changes so much at each of those ages that they can feel like it's their first visit each time they go!

Welcome to the DIS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter