1st night ADR - if you could go anywhere!

willonlyflytodisney

Mouseketeer
Hey guys,

I'm taking my parents to Disney for the first time in nearly 20 years - I want to take them somewhere special our first night. We have an extra park ticket, so we can even go to the parks.

Crystal Palace is closed in Janaury, but any thoughts on a place with a great view, or great food, or that would really strike the Disney spirit - that isn't too character-y?

Let me know

THANKS!

First place that came to mind is California Grill. Great food and a view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks! Definitely special! It is where we will be eating Christmas dinner this year! :cool1:

I would say if you can go anywhere then I would chose California Grill.....the only thing for me is sometimes we like to save experiences like that for later in the trip because it sets the standard so high and the rest of the trip we wish we could just go back to eat there ;)

I guess this is opposite thinking here??
For some reason we always book San Angle for the first night I guess because if the flight was delayed and we could not get there we wouldn't be as disappointed as missing one of the other ADR's, but in 16 days I hope our fight gets in on time cause we haven't missed an ADR at San Angle yet. Common October 25th. :cool1::hippie:

Hmmm...

For us our 2 special restraunts are Le Cellier in Epoct and Narcosses at Grand Floridian Resort... Now I say these are are 2 special places based on the food we have had and how muc we enjoyed ourselves... For A view and overall experiance even though I have never actually dined there I have heard from friends that Californai Grill has an incredible view and atmosphere!

Our first night ADR on our upcoming trip is for Boma. We'll have a long day of travelling and we're staying at AKL, so we wanted something that would be relaxing - but we've also never been there, so it's a treat for us to try something new! I've heard great things about Boma, and AKL is *amazing* so I'm really looking forward to it!

O'hana's would be my choose. Great atmosphere and a view of the wishes fireworks at MK. Food is fabulous and entertaining. Very reasonably priced.

Well...
I would say Chef Mickeys...but then, I'm a big kid at heart! :)
We like to start our trip off with a character meal...I don't feel like I'm at WDW until
I see Mickey & the Gang!
Have fun!

Another vote for Cali Grille. We ate there on spring last year and really had fun watching the fireworks while also enjoying some great food.

Hey guys,

I'm taking my parents to Disney for the first time in nearly 20 years - I want to take them somewhere special our first night. We have an extra park ticket, so we can even go to the parks.

Crystal Palace is closed in Janaury, but any thoughts on a place with a great view, or great food, or that would really strike the Disney spirit - that isn't too character-y?

Let me know

THANKS!

I haven't heard that??!!! Can anyone confirm that Crystal Palace will be closed in January?

I haven't heard that??!!! Can anyone confirm that Crystal Palace will be closed in January?

Yes - it will be closed starting 1/3

From allears.net:

January 2010

Magic Kingdom

Splash Mountain will be closed from January 3 - February 27, 2010.

The Crystal Palace Restaurant in Magic Kingdom will be closed for rehab January 3 - February 13, 2010.

Typhoon Lagoon - will be closed for its annual refurbishment November 1 - January 9, 2010.

Blizzard Beach

Closed for Annual Refurbishment - January 10 - March 20

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter