1st Look at Ariel Animatronic!

Very cool, thanks for sharing. I and my DD7 cannot wait for this ride to open (she is my DD's favorite princess) :goodvibes

It did say 2 months away from opening on that page - really??? I would be so excited to see this in October, but I thought opening was alot further off than that!

WOW! The facial expressions look amazing!:thumbsup2 Ariel is DGrDs absolute favorite - we can't wait to ride it - may have to squeeze in a visit to see DS in Cali when it opens out there. So many new and exciting things coming!:goodvibes Thanks for posting the link.

It did say 2 months away from opening on that page - really??? I would be so excited to see this in October, but I thought opening was alot further off than that!

As others stated...in Disneyland.
NOT DisneyWorld.

I'd love it for Oct in WDW also but don't think that's happening.
Hope I'm wrong.

I wonder if it will be the same ride they are doing at WDW for next year as part of the Fantasyland expansion?

What a cool job that would be to create those!!

I thought the same thing when I saw the link about it opening up :) I was like cool it might open when we are there...NOT :)

But love the video link :) thanks for sharing

In Disneyland

But I'm sure that the Ariel we get will of course, be similar (or better, since they have an additional year to refine the technique)

I'd be nice to think that, but the Space Mountain re-do's were done at the same time at WDW and DL, and the SM at Disneyland for some stupid reason, turned out to be so much better.

I'd be nice to think that, but the Space Mountain re-do's were done at the same time at WDW and DL, and the SM at Disneyland for some stupid reason, turned out to be so much better.

I think because they upgraded two existing rides that, though I have never ridden SM at DL, I guess they are similar but not the same.

Also DL's SM closed for over two years and was completely retracked. At WDW the refurb was only for 7 months. Also Dl's was finished in 2005, WDW's was started in April 2009 so not at all at the same time.

Since the Ariel rides are being built form the ground up it would be foolish and more expensive to design two different rides.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, BUT

I hope she works better than the Yeti!;)

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, BUT

I hope she works better than the Yeti!;)

:lmao: I was thinking the same thing.

The video is cool though, the Little Mermaid is my all time fave disney film (now closely followed by Tangled). I really hope it's worth waiting for and that they do Ariel justice. Also I hope they will actually have some decent Little Mermaid merchandise.

Was excited until I found out it is going to be in Disney Land. Guess it gives us an excuse to go back next year too besides this year.:rotfl2:

Was excited until I found out it is going to be in Disney Land. Guess it gives us an excuse to go back next year too besides this year.:rotfl2:

It will also be part of the new Fantasyland in WDW. It just opens first in DL.

Did you also notice that the hair was "floating" when she moved her head back and forth. It stayed put as she moved around just like if she was underwater.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter